Cop Under Review For Openly Marrying Boyfriend

1 minute ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Think what you like, dude

You don't even know me

And who would these other minorities be?  'cmon, put your money where your mouth is!

I don't know you and don't wish to know you. 

Other minorities ... for example black people. 

It is somewhat socially acceptable to broadcast bigoted stereotypes as you did about gay people, but much less so directed at black people. Maybe you are open to posting abusive stereotypes about other minorities, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt on that one. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't know you and don't wish to know you. 

Other minorities ... for example black people. 

It is somewhat socially acceptable to broadcast bigoted stereotypes as you did about gay people, but much less so directed at black people. Maybe you are open to posting abusive stereotypes about other minorities, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt on that one. 

You have no idea. Don't do the racist thing

You know why you can't? Because i was married to a Zambian girl for 6 years

She and my son of 2 years were killed while she was visiting her parents over there

Her car was wiped out by a drunk driving a rubbish truck

She was 26

Feel better now... Doood?

2 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

You have no idea. Don't do the racist thing

You know why you can't? Because i was married to a Zambian girl for 6 years

She and my son of 2 years were killed while she was visiting her parents over there

She was 26

Feel better now... Doood?

You're playing sleazy games now and twisting my meaning.

I made no assumptions about your feelings towards other minority groups.

What you have exposed here, very clearly, is extreme bigotry towards gay people, and yes, I do believe you think that is OK to broadcast. 

Edited by Jingthing

23 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Think what you like, dude

You don't even know me

And who would these other minorities be?  'cmon, put your money where your mouth is!

No one needs to know you IRL to understand that you're a disgusting homophobic bigot. It's 2017, get over it old timer. 

17 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

The only crime committed here is that invitation card, perhaps the tackiest I've ever seen.

Yes, that struck me. No accounting for taste but Mr Cop is marrying someone who looks as though he might break into a Bollywood dance routine imminently.

1 minute ago, Prbkk said:

Yes, that struck me. No accounting for taste but Mr Cop is marrying someone who looks as though he might break into a Bollywood dance routine imminently.

Let's face it. That cop was a CATCH. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Let's face it. That cop was a CATCH. 

Well, one suspects that if the cops kick him out...and I sincerely hope not....he could make a secondary career using that uniform , should he wish.

18 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

i was married to a Zambian girl for 6 years

She was 26

Sorry for your loss, Dave. That's very sad.

Don't gay people want to be treated the same as everyone else? Is this the same as black people can say the N word, and gay people can camp it up when it suits them for entertainment,  but straight people can't mock that campness?

So it's OK to say one looks Indian and about to break into a Bollywood routine, I wasn't aware that all Indians relate to Bollywood yet jingthing seems to think is OK and not offensive because I assume he is not Indian,  yet woe betide anyone who slightly mocks gays.

Hypocrisy 

6 hours ago, MarkusAUST said:

Given Thailand is pretty much the home of the ladyboy, it is a bit surprising to see such an unenlightened attitude.

While Thailand is more tolerant than the west to gays and the LGBT community in general, there are still certain institutions that are run by....well, old guys.  And some old guys tend to be set in their ways.  I would tend to believe that certain high ranking police officials did not like it broadcasted that one of their own is openly gay.  They probably are more in the "don't ask, don't tell" category of permissiveness.    

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're playing sleazy games now and twisting my meaning.

I made no assumptions about your feelings towards other minority groups.

What you have exposed here, very clearly, is extreme bigotry towards gay people, and yes, I do believe you think that is OK to broadcast. 

That stopped you in your tracks a bit i think.

read your text where it says you bet i wouldn't post crap against other minority groups.I was married to a member of a minority group! and now you are having a hissy fit about me posting extreme bigotry. I am not a bigot because i dont agree with you. I am not a bigot because i say that i do not agree with you.If so, then there are thousands of bigots allover the world that do not agree with you.You play the 'extreme bigotry'  card the same way as other ethnic minorities play the race card when they lose their jobs.You are being very silly and you are now getting very angry because you have lost your temper. I never played sleazy games, the very word sleazy, would infer a vile or underhand, grubby way to obtain a goal. My post to you was nothing but polite. But i already see that your entourage are posting immature, insulting, 2 line posts. Obviously the uneducated and loathsome members of your fan club.I will reiterate once again, i do not agree with single sex marriages. Now that is it.I now have to go and answer another idiot, who i doubt that can even spell 'Homosexual' alone say it.

As you said Bye!

There is an ancient Thai tradition of recognizing (not as equals but having a social role) transgender as part of the culture here. But not gay in the sense of cisgender people loving each other. That is much more modern and "western" in Thai culture. 

4 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

That stopped you in your tracks a bit i think.

read your text where it says you bet i wouldn't post crap against other minority groups.I was married to a member of a minority group! and now you are having a hissy fit about me posting extreme bigotry. I am not a bigot because i dont agree with you. I am not a bigot because i say that i do not agree with you.If so, then there are thousands of bigots allover the world that do not agree with you.You play the 'extreme bigotry'  card the same way as other ethnic minorities play the race card when they lose their jobs.You are being very silly and you are now getting very angry because you have lost your temper. I never played sleazy games, the very word sleazy, would infer a vile or underhand, grubby way to obtain a goal. My post to you was nothing but polite. But i already see that your entourage are posting immature, insulting, 2 line posts. Obviously the uneducated and loathsome members of your fan club.I will reiterate once again, i do not agree with single sex marriages. Now that is it.I now have to go and answer another idiot, who i doubt that can even spell 'Homosexual' alone say it.

As you said Bye!

Again you are resorting to sleazy tactics.

I never made any assumption about which minorities you are bigoted against, except for gays, which you made quite clear with your MORONIC post expressing your idiotic stereotypes about gay people. 

I was commenting that many people including you think it is socially OK to post bigoted crap against gay people but not about other minority groups. Again, that didn't mean that I KNOW which other groups you may or may not be bigoted against.

Stop the sleazy games. 

Edited by Jingthing

11 minutes ago, kingkenny said:

Don't gay people want to be treated the same as everyone else? Is this the same as black people can say the N word, and gay people can camp it up when it suits them for entertainment,  but straight people can't mock that campness?

So it's OK to say one looks Indian and about to break into a Bollywood routine, I wasn't aware that all Indians relate to Bollywood yet jingthing seems to think is OK and not offensive because I assume he is not Indian,  yet woe betide anyone who slightly mocks gays.

Hypocrisy 

I only commented that the cop was a catch. I made no other comment.

Another one playing sleazy games. 

26 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

No one needs to know you IRL to understand that you're a disgusting homophobic bigot. It's 2017, get over it old timer. 

Ha ha ha. You silly boy. How old are you? You obviously dont understand that people are perfectly within their rights to give an opinion. That's what makes us free. That's what stops us from being controlled, the freedom of speech to agree or disagree with another, without attack or abuse. That's what separated us from the Russians, the Nazis, the East German statis(if you know what they were) you are a little out of your depth to verbally fence with me. I suggest that you go back and read about freedom of speech and how we got it. I think your post is immature, silly and without understanding, unless you too are gay, and then i understand it only too well.

I think expressing bigotry and ignorant stereotypes, although hateful, is in the realm of free speech. I was highlighting that expressing bigotry against some groups is more widely socially acceptable than others. 

Of course, this forum isn't dedicated to full free speech, so I was talking more generally, not about what is OK or not OK on this forum. 

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I only commented that the cop was a catch. I made no other comment.

Another one playing sleazy games. 

Sleazy?  How is it Sleazy to point out that while you take offence at some things whilst intimating others are homophobic or against minorities, whilst at the same time ignoring a stereotype of Indians,  could it be because you are not Indian so don't really care about this stereotype?

2 minutes ago, kingkenny said:

Sleazy?  How is it Sleazy to point out that while you take offence at some things whilst intimating others are homophobic or against minorities, whilst at the same time ignoring a stereotype of Indians,  could it be because you are not Indian so don't really care about this stereotype?

I think the topic here isn't about Indians, the level of offensive stereotyping between the two examples wasn't even remotely equivalent, that I didn't even post it and you in a sleazy way are trying to SMEAR me with it,  and advise you to stop trying to troll bait me. 

Edited by Jingthing

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Again you are resorting to sleazy tactics.

I never made any assumption about which minorities you are bigoted against, except for gays, which you made quite clear with your MORONIC post expressing your idiotic stereotypes about gay people. 

I was commenting that many people including you think it is socially OK to post bigoted crap against gay people but not about other minority groups. Again, that didn't mean that I KNOW which other groups you may or may not be bigoted against.

Stop the sleazy games. 

How on earth do you still bang on about me being a bigot. I have nothing against gay people, i do not hate gay people, i do not insult or harangue. I just do not agree with your way of life. I didnt say hate, your way of life, or detest your way of life, or that you shouldn't live your life as you see fit. I simply said that i didnt agree with it. I dont go on anti gay marches, i dont set the presses tp print anti gay literature, i do not shout my disagreement from the roof tops, and i am a great fan of Sir Ian Mckellan.So you would call anybody extremely bigoted simply because they disagree with you. So you have no straight friends then, and everybody that doesn't agree with homosexuality is an extreme bigot.  

1 minute ago, kingkenny said:

Actually it was me that suggested Bollywood and offered in the context of "over the top" , nothing remotely racist. I like Bollywood...in all it's tackiness 

3 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Actually it was me that suggested Bollywood and offered in the context of "over the top" , nothing remotely racist. I like Bollywood...in all it's tackiness 

I like Bollywood too. :stoner:

8 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

I know. But it was jingthing that glossed over that and it is jingthing that is up in arms about stereotyping. 

30 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Sorry for your loss, Dave. That's very sad.

Yes, i met her in a nightclub, in Londons West End years ago. It was called Antheas, after Bruce Forsyth's wife Anthea Redfern.She was a lovely girl. my whole family took to her. There was never any racism that i was aware of. My sister and her( her name was Adweena, but she answered to Linda) got on fabulously. She was a nurse at the Charing Cross hospital. Light brown skin and black eyes. I suppose that's why I've  been attracted to Thai women.

Anyway, i was doing some design work for a company, and i couldn't get away. She wanted to go and see her parents with our son. And the rest is history. They buried them both there.I have to admit that i didn't go to the funeral, and i was no longer in touch with her parents. They are dead and gone now.Its a case of two worlds colliding for a while. I have my pictures of them both, i have my memories.But women have come and gone. I find it hard to see her face now.And this poster thinks i am a bigot!

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think the topic here isn't about Indians, the level of offensive stereotyping between the two examples wasn't even remotely equivalent, that I didn't even post it and you in a sleazy way are trying to SMEAR me with it,  and advise you to stop trying to troll bait me. 

Advise me? Haha joker. 

Just so we are clear about you as a person, stereotyping gays is bad, stereotyping Indians is OK?  So you are selective about stereotyping based on what you are rather than what is right or wrong?

I never suggested you raised Bollywood,  you did however quote the post without picking up the poster about his stereotypical views, you simply said the policeman is a catch, I guess based on looks rather than him as a man, for all you know he could be a complete <deleted>, so let's also add stereotyping people based on looks to your little foray into feeling offended today. 

2 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Yes, i met her in a nightclub, in Londons West End years ago. It was called Antheas, after Bruce Forsyth's wife Anthea Redfern.She was a lovely girl. my whole family took to her. There was never any racism that i was aware of. My sister and her( her name was Adweena, but she answered to Linda) got on fabulously. She was a nurse at the Charing Cross hospital. Light brown skin and black eyes. I suppose that's why I've  been attracted to Thai women.

Anyway, i was doing some design work for a company, and i couldn't get away. She wanted to go and see her parents with our son. And the rest is history. They buried them both there.I have to admit that i didn't go to the funeral, and i was no longer in touch with her parents. They are dead and gone now.Its a case of two worlds colliding for a while. I have my pictures of them both, i have my memories.But women have come and gone. I find it hard to see her face now.And this poster thinks i am a bigot!

That's sad. Don't let the small minded grind you down while trying to intimate you are small minded. Not that I need to defend you, I am sure you can manage that all by yourself.  I just hate hypocrisy and faux indignation. 

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Khon Kaen Dave -- I was referring to your post where you posted obnoxious stereotypes about gay people. That revealed where you are coming from. You did that to yourself. Nothing about gays. About YOU. 

Yes, i will give you that. It was rather wrong.But you know that, that is how some people see gays and how the limp wristed effeminate gay stereotype is often shown on Television and movies.You are an American, so your fight for gay rights has been far harder in your own country than in mine. I still maintain that i do not agree with your life style, but you seemed to accuse me of extreme bigotry for having an opinion.I stand corrected for the original post, but not for my opinions.

15 minutes ago, kingkenny said:

That's sad. Don't let the small minded grind you down while trying to intimate you are small minded. Not that I need to defend you, I am sure you can manage that all by yourself.  I just hate hypocrisy and faux indignation. 

Thanks for that Mon Ami

5 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Yes, i will give you that. It was rather wrong.But you know that, that is how some people see gays and how the limp wristed effeminate gay stereotype is often shown on Television and movies.You are an American, so your fight for gay rights has been far harder in your own country than in mine. I still maintain that i do not agree with your life style, but you seemed to accuse me of extreme bigotry for having an opinion.I stand corrected for the original post, but not for my opinions.

It was a joke - harmless banter.

What I detest is when they attack folks and name call, they hate us having freedom of thought as well as freedom of speech.