3BB allowed to offer streaming service as redress

jaymbkk

Internet provider 3BB, whose access to Google services was disrupted on Saturday, has been given approval to offer its members a free one-month subscription to its media-streaming service as compensation.

Takorn Tantasith, secretary-general of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC), said on Monday Triple T Internet Co Ltd, which operates the 3BB brand, had proposed offering its Monomaxxx media streaming service as compensation for one month after customers could not access Google-owned websites and services, including YouTube, for up to 14 hours on Saturday.

The NBTC approved its proposal and the company could proceed with the offer immediately, Mr Takorn said.

However, 3BB has yet to officially make the announcement. 

A Monomaxxx one-month package normally costs 129 baht a month.

According to its website, the service has a catalogue of Thai, Chinese, Korean and international movies and series, as well as sports and music programmes. 

The service runs on PCs, mobile devices and smart TVs. The content can also be cast on normal TV screens using Google Chromecast or Android boxes.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edited by ubonjoe
Link to Bangkok Post removed.

9 hours ago, jaymbkk said:

Internet provider 3BB, whose access to Google services was disrupted on Saturday, has been given approval to offer its members a free one-month subscription to its media-streaming service as compensation.
Takorn Tantasith, secretary-general of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC), said on Monday Triple T Internet Co Ltd, which operates the 3BB brand, had proposed offering its Monomaxxx media streaming service as compensation for one month after customers could not access Google-owned websites and services, including YouTube, for up to 14 hours on Saturday.
The NBTC approved its proposal and the company could proceed with the offer immediately, Mr Takorn said.

However, 3BB has yet to officially make the announcement. 
A Monomaxxx one-month package normally costs 129 baht a month.
According to its website, the service has a catalogue of Thai, Chinese, Korean and international movies and series, as well as sports and music programmes. 
The service runs on PCs, mobile devices and smart TVs. The content can also be cast on normal TV screens using Google Chromecast or Android boxes.

So everything we can get for free already by streaming ?
Gee thanks for the great offer considering I lost about 5000 baht during the crap out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems odd that after yesterday's denial of blame for Saturday's outage of Google services that they would be providing sweeteners for it's customers.

A whole 127 bahts worth of streaming that can be done from several other services for free to each customer.

Just noticed the source of the OP, are all restrictions lifted now? 

Well im underwhelmed i will have to run down to local 3bb and shake there hands whilst politley telling them to shove there offer

Edited by jeab1980

Link removed in OP according to forum rule.

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Allowed news source is here: http://tech.thaivisa.com/3bb-to-offer-one-month-free-streaming-to-customers-following-saturdays-meltdown/21491/

Wait for the 3BB official announcement I guess

Call them or email
Oh wait, the phone line wasn't working and we had no internet [emoji848][emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk