SETV airplane ticket

HI everyone.

I was reading forum for last few days and found out a lot of info...but i still need help

I am planning to stay in thailand for 6 months. I am from Slovenia.

I will enter on SETV then extend it for 30 days, then plan the trip to Laos and get another SETV. And after i extend the second SETV it will be 6 months.

I will book return ticket ( 6 months ).

I want to know will i have problems getting first SETV, because i dont have a flight out of thailand after 60 or 90 days?

I still can book ticket to Laos ( second SETV) ... so problem solved.

But SETV is for 60 days not 90.

And i would want to book my flight after 90 days... ( after my extension ends ). 

Will i have problems getting SETV because my flight out of thailand would be after 90 days not 60? 

Thanks for taking the time 

Edited by Zategnenc

Whether you will need a ticket out of the country to apply for the visa depends upon at which embassy or consulate you apply for the visa at. Some want to see ticket while other don't. Most will accept a ticket out within 90 days since that is about equal to the 3 months validity of the visa.

If you apply for the single entry tourist visa in Vientiane Laos the will not ask for ticket out of the country.

Thanks for both answers..

Edward....is 2500 baht cheap for return ticket to laos? ( what is the price range ? )

UBONJOE.....when i enter thailand with SETV..i can stay there for 60 days...not 90 ??

Extension gives me additional 30 days, yes?

Thats why i ask if they accept ticket out within 90 days..( maybe they want within 60??)

9 minutes ago, Zategnenc said:

when i enter thailand with SETV..i can stay there for 60 days...not 90 ??

Thats why i ask if they accept ticket out within 90 days..( maybe they want within 60??)

An SETV just gives permission to stay for 60 days so technically you should have a ticket out of Thailand within 60 days.

An extension of stay gives an extra 30 days but is not guaranteed, although there is no reason why it won't be granted; therefore, the embassy/consulate where you apply might insist on a flight out within 60 days, but can accept one within 90 days. It is basically at the discretion of the visa issuing office.

12 minutes ago, Zategnenc said:

UBONJOE.....when i enter thailand with SETV..i can stay there for 60 days...not 90 ??

The visa is valid for entry 3 months from the date it issued. You could get the visa and enter at any time during the 3 months is what I was writing about. That is why they normally accept a ticket out within 90 days from the date you apply.

You need the ask the embassy or consulate what they will accept or if they even ask for it.

1 hour ago, Zategnenc said:

I want to know will i have problems getting first SETV, because i dont have a flight out of thailand after 60 or 90 days?

As others have said, check with the Thai consulate where you will apply for the visa. Many do not require any proof of a ticket out.

1 hour ago, Zategnenc said:

Will i have problems getting SETV because my flight out of thailand would be after 90 days not 60? 

Note that the form you use to apply for the SETV may include a question as to when you intend to enter the country.  I recently obtained an SETV at a consulate that did require  a ticket-out, and they had no problem with a ticket leaving 85 days after the date I put on the form as my intended date to enter Thailand.