Beef Kidney

Isan Farang

Where do you live?

Get up early, visit a fresh market and ask the butcher or look for a butcher in your area.

It's advised to be early. The cattle is slaughtered until dawn and then sold without (proper) cooling.

8 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Where do you live?

Get up early, visit a fresh market and ask the butcher or look for a butcher in your area.

It's advised to be early. The cattle is slaughtered until dawn and then sold without (proper) cooling.

I live in Ubon, this week i went to Tops at Central Plaza and they told me they do not stock, i asked them if they can order from there beef supplier and that was also a no go.

As per Charlie H i will head to Makro and ask there if they have in stock, if that fails i will ask the wife regarding the fresh market.

I was previously informed there is some company called Thai French Beef also in Issan that has a shop attached but the info is thin.

18 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Butchery area at Makro.

Just returned from Makro Ubon, and all went to plan. Apart from finding the kidney i also found beef liver.

I normally use Makro for the Lao Dark Beer and never thought they would keep kidney & liver.

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Where do you live?

Absolutely. OK you might be put off by some of the flies in the market but I've never had a problem with any meat product bought at the local market. 

18 hours ago, Isan Farang said:

How about the following being available in Thailand ?

I am now on my last pack so looking at options whare to locate.

pic-gravy-powder[1].png

Try TC Lakeside Kitchen , Lance has all sorts of goodies.