Actress Defies Summons in Narcotics Ring Probe

rooster59

Actress Defies Summons in Narcotics Ring Probe

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

pat-khaosod-696x392.jpg

Napapa “Patt” Tantrakul. Image: GMM25Thailand / YouTube

BANGKOK — As Friday came to an end, a soap opera star implicated in a transnational narcotics operation had yet to meet with police as requested, prompting authorities to grant a new deadline for her next week.

Investigators said they need to question Napapa “Patt” Tantrakul over 1.9 million baht in cash deposited in her name they believe belonged to Laotian drug lord Xaysana Keopimpha, who was arrested in January. Her lawyer said she could explain the source of the money but needed more time to prepare her defense.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/05/12/actress-defies-summons-narcotics-ring-probe/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-05-13

Why dont the Police just go out and bring suspects into the station,

instead of telling them to report in,sometimes they dont,like this case,

and the one with "Boss",they just make fools of the police,either do a

runner,or keep putting of reporting,with all kinds of excuses.

regards worgeordie

You would have thought these people would have learned about arresting HiSo people after the Red Bull "Boss" did a runner.

Categorical proof, if any were needed, that those with money are afforded an entirely different judicial process from the average citizen.

7 minutes ago, BigBadGeordie said:

I bet "Patt" is worried now, she has been warned, if she does not report to the investigators, they will.......ask her to come in again and again and again and again..........

But only when it is convenient.. 

13 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Why dont the Police just go out and bring suspects into the station,

instead of telling them to report in,sometimes they dont,like this case,

and the one with "Boss",they just make fools of the police,either do a

runner,or keep putting of reporting,with all kinds of excuses.

regards worgeordie

What, get off their collective butts and leave the office - you talking about the BIB,  aren't you? 

Her lawyer claims she needs more time to prepare her defence. After that she'll need more time to contact witnesses. And so on. Just like Her Madamness, Yingluck. And the defenders of the law, morals, all that is good and right in this world, bend over. Sometimes it's hard to bash the Thai bashers on this forum. They keep being given some powerful ammunition.

'You are cordially invited to our police station to inspect our premises.  Perhaps it might be possible during this visit to discuss your involvement in a money-laundering scheme?  We will understand if you can't make it anytime soon because of your work commitments and travel plans.

Krissana Pattanacharoen'

And now the usual game starts again, with summons after summons after summons being issued and subsequently being either ignored or brushed off with some flimsy excuse by the addressee without having to fear any consequences.

And that game will continue until she has either covered all tracks or has fled the country on some "urgent business trip" that will last forever.

The fact alone that she reportedly needs more time to come up with an explanation as per the source of the amount in question shows that something is not right. Does she not keep records of her financial transactions that she could access within five minutes like every normal person? 

36 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

And now the usual game starts again, with summons after summons after summons being issued and subsequently being either ignored or brushed off with some flimsy excuse by the addressee without having to fear any consequences.

And that game will continue until she has either covered all tracks or has fled the country on some "urgent business trip" that will last forever.

The fact alone that she reportedly needs more time to come up with an explanation as per the source of the amount in question shows that something is not right. Does she not keep records of her financial transactions that she could access within five minutes like every normal person? 

Nope, not when she has been fiddling with someone else's dirty money. She has  now been caught with her knickers down and needs to cover arse. 

As mentioned in another thread, this case has been done and dusted. Everything else just happens for the media now. 

We have seen it over and over again. Jenhpop's case has gone the same way. The victims families have been compensated and that's it. 

They might get a public slap on the wrist aka community service (which they'll never do), some probation and a suspended license for x amount of years which means nothing in reality. 

Just look at the guy trying to sell his Porsche for 2.5m baht or whatever crazy amount it was. Now imagine how many of those are driving around in your hi-so circles and given the right connections, you can drive those cars with total impunity. 

27 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Nope, not when she has been fiddling with someone else's dirty money. She has  now been caught with her knickers down and needs to cover arse. 

That is exactly what I meant. She only requested more time because there are no records that prove that the money is clean. And now she is scrambling to cook up documents in order to - as you so eloquently put it - cover her arse. The endless issuing of summonses only provides her with that much needed time. 

6 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Do you know who i am????

I am above the law, you cannot touch me.

The useless plod are too thick/slow/inept to do anything about it.

Not useless by a long shot - "do you know who I am?", yep we know, can we order a weekly lunch box for delivery, Friday would suit us, if that's OK. 

Edited by Artisi

Actress.........:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Can you stare unblinking for one minute with an angry look on your face.?......"yes I can"

Can you scream incessantly at the slightest provocation?..........."yes I can"

Welcome, you have the part.......

I certainly hope if I ever have the misfortune to be arrested in Thailand, the police will be so gracious as to give me two or three extensions of time for any summons to show up and answer their questions, as appears to be the case here, or even better, what has it been, 7-9 extensions and almost 5 years of delays in the Red Bull case.

And, no orders against traveling, no seizure of passports, just go on living the good life while the flat foots cool their heels. And of course, if they ever get too uppity, I'll be sure to pull out the now infamous "discriminatory treatment" complaint -- and that will lead to my entire matter sitting un-pursued for at least another couple years.

Ohh, all of that doesn't apply to me because I'm a foreigner??? I just get chucked into jail forthwith because I'm a foreigner. It's only the well-connected Thai elites who get to visit with the police when the schedule suits them, and leave the country and travel at will while facing arrest. And even leave the country never to re-appear here???  Shucks!!!

Needs more time for what? If you're telling the truth, and you've done nothing wrong, the trails will lead back to something completely innocent. Whether you remembered pertinent information or not. 

I remember being at work once and getting a text from my online banking saying 30,000+ has gone into my account. I didn't know where it had come from and I was too busy at the time to check online. Now, if the police had come and questioned me before I checked where it came from, it would have been very easy to explain. First answer would be that I don't know but let me check my account online. Once checking online I'd be able to see the account number of who sent it. I'd tell the police to go and ask them. Then the police would find out that it was my missus' friend who put the money into my account because she didn't wanna pay the 20 baht fee (we use the same bank). The money isn't mine and is in fact my missus' money that she was owed. If my missus lied to the police and said she didn't know, I could tell them I don't know this person who sent me the money. I didn't ask them to do it and you're very welcome to investigate more. I have nothing to hide and will be able to answer every question easily as I'm telling the truth. 

But then again, it seems here that ignorance is an excuse for breaking the law.