Trump pledges to move quickly to nominate new FBI chief

rooster59

4 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

how certain asian countries would interpret wild claims like the ones being made in the fbi firing case…still on topic.

Not sure what you think the topic is but here's what the person who posted it in the first place thinks it is:

"Trump pledges to move quickly to nominate new FBI chief"

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Once again, you should try google.  I went to it and look up "Trump conspiracy to obstruct justice" I didn't get any hits on that. What I did get hits on was variations of "Trump obstructing justice."  "Conspiracy" was conspicuously missing from the results.So it looks like you're making this one up or, as is more likely, getting this info from those dubious fever swamps of the internet and youtube that you apparently roam. I have no doubt that it is likely you could find a few with some serious searching, but it doesn't seem to be present in most discussions of Trump's possible obstruction of justice.

Oh, I never use Google, doncha know! :biggrin: But thanks for letting me know /sarc

Google tip: Try Googling "trump conspiracy". I got over 32M hits and some of them look interesting. Apparently, an association of "conspiracy" and "Trump" abounds on both sides!

No, you probably won't find conspiracy theories or even the word conspiracy ("CT") used by the MSM (even they may accuse others of conspiracy theories) because they don't want to take a chance of being accused of fostering CTs themselves even though they've been promoting them through statements by others. Read about my hypothesis regarding CTs and the MSM in the PS: HERE [PermaLink].

Edited by MaxYakov

1 minute ago, MaxYakov said:

Oh, I never use Google, doncha know! :biggrin: But thanks for letting me know /sarc

No, you probably won't find conspiracy theories or even the word conspiracy ("CT") used by the MSM (even though because they don't want to take a chance of being accused of fostering CTs themselves even though they've been promoting them through statements by others. Read about my hypothesis regarding CTs and the MSM in the PS: HERE [PermaLink].

Wow! There's a conspiracy not to use the word "conspiracy"! That doesn't seem unlikely at all.

12 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Wow! There's a conspiracy not to use the word "conspiracy"! That doesn't seem unlikely at all.

In your [deleted] dreams, perhaps. I decided to do a little additional research and came up with this (which I placed into my previous reply with an edit)"

"Google tip: Try Googling "trump conspiracy". I got over 32M hits and some of them look interesting. Apparently, an association of "conspiracy" and "Trump" abounds on both sides!"

And this is with only a cursory inspection of the search return titles.

Trumps's Critics Right and Left: The Conspiracy factor - National Review - Apr 14, 2017 [link]

Extract:

"The inability of the Left and the alt-right to view Trump’s decisions outside the context of conspiracy theories illustrates the derangement of political discourse."

Edited by MaxYakov

7 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

In your [deleted] dreams, perhaps. I decided to do a little additional research and came up with this (which I placed into my previous reply with an edit)"

"Google tip: Try Googling "trump conspiracy". I got over 32M hits and some of them look interesting. Apparently, an association of "conspiracy" and "Trump" abounds on both sides!"

First off, this was about liberals accusing Trump of being part of a conspiracy to obstruct justice by firing Comey.  My search didn't find that.

And the vast majority of results I got using "Trump conspiracy" were either about Trump and his conspiracy theories or about defenders of Trump accusing liberals of engaging in conspiracy theories. Which is not to say that all liberals are guiltless. But no one of any prominence on the left comes close to the President himself in his predilection for accusations of conspiracy.

26 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

"The inability of the Left and the alt-right to view Trump’s decisions outside the context of conspiracy theories illustrates the derangement of political discourse."

such a great line…and perfectly sums up the situation.

On 2017-5-14 at 2:48 AM, rooster59 said:

Trump told reporters he might even be able to make his decision on who should succeed James Comey to lead the Federal Bureau of Investigation before he departs on his first foreign trip late next week.

"Even that is possible," Trump said,

Not even in trumptopia is that true, oh great orange one.

Edited by Bluespunk

24 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

First off, this was about liberals accusing Trump of being part of a conspiracy to obstruct justice by firing Comey.  My search didn't find that.

And the vast majority of results I got using "Trump conspiracy" were either about Trump and his conspiracy theories or about defenders of Trump accusing liberals of engaging in conspiracy theories. Which is not to say that all liberals are guiltless. But no one of any prominence on the left comes close to the President himself in his predilection for accusations of conspiracy.

Oh, yeah? I guess the "Independent UK" is not of "prominence on the left"

Newsflash: Conspiracy Theories do not have to be explicitly labeled as such.

It is our job as critical thinkers to identify them. While trying to identIfy who started this Trump / Russia investigation shutdown story, (aka conspiracy theory) I ran across this in the "trump conspiracy" Google search (from four days ago):

Donald Trump fired James Comey 'because he refused to end Russia Investigation' - say multiple FBI insiders - independent.co.uk - May 11, 2017 [link]

The fact that the "Independent" sources unnamed "multiple FBI Insiders" is enough to make this a "fake news" story candidate, IMHO.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

"Fake news" to trumpists simply means any actual news story that doesn't support pro-trump propaganda. 

More and more people are wise to that con game.

And, of course, basing an anti-Trump story (or any story, for that matter) on an anonymous source is not a "con game". And, of course, "fake news" has to be about politics, doesn't it?

Why don't you do a little research on "fake news"?

You can start HERE [link] and HERE [link]

Additional Homework:

Wiki misinformation and disinformation series:

1 hour ago, MaxYakov said:

It is our job as critical thinkers to identify them. While trying to identIfy who started this Trump / Russia investigation shutdown story, (aka conspiracy theory) I ran across this in the "trump conspiracy" Google search (from four days ago):

Donald Trump fired James Comey 'because he refused to end Russia Investigation' - say multiple FBI insiders - independent.co.uk - May 11, 2017 [link]

The fact that the "Independent" sources unnamed "multiple FBI Insiders" is enough to make this a "fake news" story candidate, IMHO.

except that Trump admitted this in an tv interview with lester holt

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

such a great line…and perfectly sums up the situation.

2 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

And this is with only a cursory inspection of the search return titles.

Trumps's Critics Right and Left: The Conspiracy factor - National Review - Apr 14, 2017 [link]

Extract:

This is of course nonsense. The vast majority of Trump's decisions have been criticized on the basis of their defects which are plentiful and obvious. Not on allegations of some criminal motives behind them. And once again, it should be pointed out the right wing abuse of the term conspiracy.  Accusing trump of attempting to obstruct justice in the case of Comey is not a conspiracy charge since its something he could do all alone.  And apart from the Russian stuff, where are the other accusations of conspiracy?  There are certainly charges of self dealing.  His tax proposals would immensely benefit himself. Some of his early executive orders also would benefit himself. Of course, if he had any sense of ethics at all, he would have placed his holdings in a blind trust the way other Presidents with wide ranging financial and business interests have done. That way lots of those charges would evaporate.  But instead of making a financial sacrifice for the sake of his country,  you know, the kind of thing that might be called patriotism, he chooses to actually profit from being President instead. This is the kind of conduct that we expect from tinpot oligarchs in underdeveloped nations.

Putin wins. Credibility of the US political system all gone. Other than helping trump that he hoped would lift sanctions and side with Assad in Syria his other clear goal was to assert to the world and of course his own people that the US system was no better than his corrupt autocratic kleptocracy. Like I said. Putin wins and America is badly disgraced. Not exactly making America great again huh?

2 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

And, of course, basing an anti-Trump story (or any story, for that matter) on an anonymous source is not a "con game". And, of course, "fake news" has to be about politics, doesn't it?

Why don't you do a little research on "fake news"?

You can start HERE [link] and HERE [link]

Additional Homework:

That list looks like the terms of reference for Fox news

At least nine candidates are in the running to replace James Comey at the helm of the FBI. President Trump said the nomination could come within the next week, but Washington is still reeling from his decision to fire Comey. Errol Barnett reports.

37 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Putin wins. Credibility of the US political system all gone. Other than helping trump that he hoped would lift sanctions and side with Assad in Syria his other clear goal was to assert to the world and of course his own people that the US system was no better than his corrupt autocratic kleptocracy. Like I said. Putin wins and America is badly disgraced. Not exactly making America great again huh?

This thread is not about Putin or about any alleged connection between Trump and Putin. If you have some evidence that Putin thought Trump would lift sanctions or that Trump would actually do so let's see it.

Also, why don't you restore your pre-election Hillary avatar. As silly as it was it wasn't nearly as silly as your new "Trump the Clownish Smoker" edition. Somehow I get the impression you appreciate "silliness".

Edited by MaxYakov

This thread is not about Putin or about any alleged connection between Trump and Putin. If you have some evidence that Putin thought Trump would lift sanctions or that Trump would actually do so let's see it.

Also, why don't you restore your pre-election Hillary avatar. As silly as it was it wasn't nearly as silly as your new "Trump the Clownish Smoker" edition. Somehow I get the impression you appreciate "silliness".

The FBI investigation which trump is trying to suppress most certainly involves Russia and as Putin is the dictator of Russia Putin as well. You can try to act like there is no there there till the cows come home but that cat or perhaps bear is out of the bag. It's basically come down to supporting the USA by resistance to trump or supporting Russia.

3 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

Again, not a conspiracy story.  It's only a conspiracy if 2 or more people are in on it.  All the stories I've seen about the firing of Comey question only Trump. 

3 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

From your link.

Let's just start with the first one.

"Conway's use of the phrase "alternative facts" to describe demonstrable falsehoods was widely mocked on social media and sharply criticized by journalists and media organizations, including Dan RatherJill Abramson, and the Public Relations Society of America."

"The phrase was extensively described as Orwellian."

Typical Trumpism.

Did you actually read any of your post?

Check any of the foot notes?

(You might be surprised at to what is in them)

I highly doubt it.

Trumpeteers are big on headlines and sound bites.

You must be aching to post something from InfoWars.

Your boy is going down. Big.

With his traitor cronies.

And thankfully, the albatross that is Trump will drag the GOP down with him.  :thumbsup:

Your messiah is from an upper strata of world class conniving shady dealers that the Trumpeteers cannot even comprehend.

And due to their ignorance, they can't bring themselves to research this huckster.

You have been conned. Along with a small minority of the populace.

Amb. Sergey Kislyak. The known Russian spy ( discraced, lying Michael Flynn's contact ) who shows up at the White House the day after Dir. Comey is fired while investigating Trump and his crew.

With smiles all around:

18425098_1660495933980359_250582663152798563_n.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 9.00.47 PM.png

You weren't supposed to see these photos because the clown in chief barred all American Press from the meeting.

But the Russians published their own on TASS, the state controlled press.

Edited by iReason

26 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Again, not a conspiracy story.  It's only a conspiracy if 2 or more people are in on it.  All the stories I've seen about the firing of Comey question only Trump. 

It amazes me that stories you've seen don't include AG Sessions and Deputy AG Rosenstein as part of a "vast right wing conspiracy (of three)". Actually, it doesn't because they don't want to be associated with "conspiracy theories", as I've already hypothesized in previous replies on this thread.

Well then, maybe it's a conspiracy when multiple news agencies try to smear Trump with things like (from the independent UK article):

"Some commentators and newspapers, including The New York Times, have suggested the President disposed of Mr Comey in a frantic bid to prevent his own impeachment." 

So these commenatators and newspapers came up with this impeachment-avoidence hypothesis independently or are they geniuses who just happen to think alike.

and this (also from the Independent UK article):

"Mr Bharara, who was removed from his high profile position by Mr Trump in March, added: “Everyone who cares about independence and the rule of law in America should be ‘troubled by the timing and reasoning’ of Comey firing. Period.”

I just threw this in because Mr Bharara does seem to have a motive to smear Trump, yes? He's not alone with motives to see bad things happen to the Donald, that's for sure and they're all operating as "individuals" in their attempts, right?

No collusions or conspiracies when it comes to getting Trump impeached, yes? /sarc

Edited by MaxYakov

45 minutes ago, iReason said:

From your link.

Let's just start with the first one.

"Conway's use of the phrase "alternative facts" to describe demonstrable falsehoods was widely mocked on social media and sharply criticized by journalists and media organizations, including Dan RatherJill Abramson, and the Public Relations Society of America.

"The phrase was extensively described as Orwellian."

Typical Trumpism.

Did you actually read any of your post?

Check any of the foot notes?

(You might be surprised at to what is in them)

I highly doubt it.

Trumpeteers are big on headlines and sound bites.

You must be aching to post something from InfoWars.

Your boy is going down. Big.

With his traitor cronies.

And thankfully, the albatross that is Trump will drag the GOP down with him.  :thumbsup:

Your messiah is from an upper strata of world class conniving shady dealers that the Trumpeteers cannot even comprehend.

And due to their ignorance, they can't bring themselves to research this huckster.

You have been conned. Along with a small minority of the populace.

Amb. Sergey Kislyak. The known Russian spy ( discraced, lying Michael Flynn's contact ) who shows up at the White House the day after Dir. Comey is fired while investigating Trump and his crew.

With smiles all around:

18425098_1660495933980359_250582663152798563_n.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 9.00.47 PM.png

You weren't supposed to see these photos because the clown in chief barred all American Press from the meeting.

But the Russians published them on TASS the state controlled press.

Thanks for the comments and images. Where's the juicy audio?

I've asked you nicely before to not edit my posts. I'm asking you again not to do so. If you do so, you should indicate that fact with a "<----- snipped ----->" indicator or some such in the edited portion of my post so that the readers, who may desire to access my full post will recognize clearly that  you have edited it.

Unless the policy has changed on this forum, this is to my knowledge the recommended and desired protocol for editing the content other contributors' posts.

Also, I consider your comments about my "aching to post something from InfoWars" both off-topic and baiting as well as referring to Trump as my "[My] boy" and "[My] Messiah". I am neither an InfoWars nor a Trump supporter (I've stated this in many of my posts). Everyone that refuses to produce the rabid, anti-Trump rhetoric is not necessarily a Trump supporter. Maybe they simply don't like rabid rhetoric.

Thank You

Edited by MaxYakov

5 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Once again, you should try google.  I went to it and look up "Trump conspiracy to obstruct justice" I didn't get any hits on that. What I did get hits on was variations of "Trump obstructing justice."  "Conspiracy" was conspicuously missing from the results.So it looks like you're making this one up or, as is more likely, getting this info from those dubious fever swamps of the internet and youtube that you apparently roam. I have no doubt that it is likely you could find a few with some serious searching, but it doesn't seem to be present in most discussions of Trump's possible obstruction of justice.

Great! Now the search will get a hit and lead surfers to a certain forum! Breitbart will report that  loony anti trump conspiracies are being frantically shared by Soros-financed leftist operatives.

Anyway, gotta go now, to check my mailbox for that Soros cheque.

18 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

I've asked you nicely before to not edit my posts. I'm asking you again not to do so. If you do so, you should indicate that fact with a "<----- snipped ----->" indicator or some such in the edited portion of my post so that the readers, who may desire to access my full post will recognize clearly that  you have edited it.

Unless the policy has changed on this forum, this is to my knowledge the recommended and desired protocol for editing the content other contributors' posts.

First, to get you up to speed:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/terms/

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

In case you are unaware, it's very easy to access your original post.

That's why they put the arrow in the top right corner.

So, how about addressing my post?

Rather than the glib "Where's the juicy audio?"

And without deflecting it this time...

Edited by iReason

24 minutes ago, iReason said:

First, to get you up to speed:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/terms/

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

In case you are unaware, it's very easy to access your original post.

That's why they put the arrow in the top right corner.

So, how about addressing my post?

Thanks for the update, but in my opinion you did alter the context of my original post. This is always the risk when one edits another contributor's post unless it is done fairly and intelligently.

Nevertheless, as I stated, I want to see a "<------ snipped ----->" indicator when you edit my posts. 

If you edit both above and below I want to see two of the indicators - one above and one below to indicate text had been edited both above and below the portion you had not edited-out. Would that be too difficult?

Alternatively, you could have embedded a  selection of text from a contributor's post/reply  in your reply and quote it to indicate that it came from the contributor's original post and still leave the contributor's original post intact.

I did address your post to the degree I desire to.

Edited by MaxYakov

24 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

Everyone that refuses to produce the rabid, anti-Trump rhetoric is not necessarily a Trump supporter. Maybe they simply don't like rabid rhetoric.

An astute observation, and likewise, everyone who is anti-Trump is not necessarily a Hillary loving left wing liberal as they are labeled in the rabid anti Dem rhetoric from the Trump supporters on here.

3 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

Thanks for the update, but in my opinion you did alter the context of my original post. Nevertheless, as I stated, I want to see a "<------ snipped ----->" indicator when you edit my posts. 

If you edit both above and below I want to see two of the indicators - one above and one below to indicate text had been edited both above and below the portion you had not edited-out. Would that be too difficult?

It is not required since the upgrading of the forum and the amendment in forum rules. So what you would like to see is of no relevance really. Write to a Mod.

15 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

It is not required since the upgrading of the forum and the amendment in forum rules. So what you would like to see is of no relevance really. Write to a Mod.

Thanks, but I don't see how the upgrade affected this issue just because retrieval of the original post is easier.

In any event, I've already stated that it was my opinion that he had altered the context of my post  (by radically shortening it the way he had) (forum term #16).  One would think the author could have such an opinion, yes?

Ref. HERE [link].