Where can I bring my saved Can pull tabs for processing?

Jack Mountain

Hi, here in Thailand it seems they collect the pull tabs from (Beer, etc)Cans.

It has titanium in it and they use  them to make artificial legs and arms.

I have a bag full of them and i wonder where to bring them. (Pattaya).

Anybody knows?

You can bring them to me and I can add them to my huge collection of beer bottle tops. I don't know if they are any use to anybody but collecting useless items is my new hobby to ward off senility.

I thought that for many years the old "pull off and throw away" tabs have been replaced by a tab which does not detach from the body of the can but stays attached after operation - simply to avoid the significant waste disposal problems associated with the "throw away" tab.

But in any case I am quite sure it's all the same metal composite, so it makes far more more sense to collect / recycle the whole can + tab.

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

Some of the bars collect them for charity, Marquee bar in Soi Buakhao used to, you could ask there. Fantasy Bar in Jomtien Complex also used to collect them. I'm sure there are plenty of others around if you ask.

Or try one of the hospitals like Pattaya City or Banglamung, one of the staff there will almost certainly know what to do with them.

Well done, BTW, I've been collecting them for around 10 years and like to think I've helped some unfortunate person during that time.

47 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Some of the bars collect them for charity, Marquee bar in Soi Buakhao used to, you could ask there. Fantasy Bar in Jomtien Complex also used to collect them. I'm sure there are plenty of others around if you ask.

Or try one of the hospitals like Pattaya City or Banglamung, one of the staff there will almost certainly know what to do with them.

Well done, BTW, I've been collecting them for around 10 years and like to think I've helped some unfortunate person during that time.

Thx. At campaign launch (years ago) when they asked people to save these tabs they promised to go around to pick them up regularly, but the shops and bars i asked they say that never anybody showed up and gave me their saved tabs instead :-) and wished me luck with it. I will try that bar in Soi Buakhao ... 

look for 'used good trader' in most village they'd come around on sidecar motorbike or pickup truck to buy things off you, some might have a shopfront somewhere that you can take things and get in weighted and bought,

some just collect theirs and store it in a squat somewhere remote for sorting and sell it on to bigger dealers when the price is right or is economical for them to fuel/hire a truck to take them to the bigger dealer.

The closer the person you sell it to is to the top of the food chain gets you a better price, which for best price means driving somewhere remote to sell your scraps.

The most well known brand is wongpanich they publish guide price every day for all scraps metal and paper, you'll never get the published price unless you drive up to somewhere like chon buri,

OP
It is indeed an urban myth that there is more value in the tab than the can . They are both made from the same aluminium, virgin or recycled.( I worked in the canmaking business for 31 years ).

But that should not stop you from donating these tabs , my gf also collects them for the same reason.

Well done, even though they are the same material as the aluminium can there is still value in them and your donations are still helping someone in need.

Contact the PILC Google it for info.
My wife collects the ring pulls for them.
Also you can call on at Palm Beach hotel Jomtien at the Bowling on a Thursday at
11 am for the ladies Bowling.
It's OK they don't bite

Maybe donate them too the Father Ray Foundation ....at least then they have a chance of going to a worthwhile cause....  dropping then off at a bar there's a good chance you will only be lining the bar owners pockets ....Just a thought.

40 minutes ago, banglay said:

Maybe donate them too the Father Ray Foundation ....at least then they have a chance of going to a worthwhile cause....  dropping then off at a bar there's a good chance you will only be lining the bar owners pockets ....Just a thought.

I saw in the video that the hospitals has a Bin for these tabs, so i will try the hospitals first ...

On 5/15/2017 at 6:34 AM, banglay said:

The "bar owner" isn't a worthwhile cause? Shame on you mate. He's just trying to make a go of life in the prostitution, drug, and booze business. God Bless You and the member who wants to do the right thing and help those who actually deserve our help. OO.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:43 PM, edd said:

Contact the PILC Google it for info.
My wife collects the ring pulls for them.
Also you can call on at Palm Beach hotel Jomtien at the Bowling on a Thursday at
11 am for the ladies Bowling.
It's OK they don't bite

I agree PILC make sure they get to the right place. The ring pulls are a special aluminum alloy which is used by the Prosthesis Foundation to provide prosthetics to amputees.

My wife is a member of PILC. If you need me to pick up I "can" :sorry: Please PM me or drop off at the Palm Beach (as above).

Oink

11 hours ago, Oink said:

I agree PILC make sure they get to the right place. The ring pulls are a special aluminum alloy which is used by the Prosthesis Foundation to provide prosthetics to amputees.

My wife is a member of PILC. If you need me to pick up I "can" :sorry: Please PM me or drop off at the Palm Beach (as above).

Oink

I have send you a Pm.