Crackdown on illegal waterway structures ‘too harsh, conflicts with Thai way of life’

webfact

I believe Thailand has 'adverse possession' laws over freehold land, do they not apply to government land. I know in NSW (Australia) you could claim adverse possession against the Crown after 30 years occupation. Many of the structures I have seen have been very old. Does anyone know the law here.

3 hours ago, Gandtee said:

More reports like this seems to indicate that the powers that be are making war on the Thai people. The poor and working class anyway. No riding on the back of pickups. Banning street food vendors. Now this. Are those responsible for these orders hell bent on alienating the people they profess to bring happiness to? But then maybe this latest bombshell will go the same way as the others. A retraction "You misunderstood" then disappear.

Really a shock to the system when laws are enforced, even the unpopular ones. Let's get back to a democratic government that wouldn't dare do something so unpopular, even if it is/was necessary.