is this a Scam? "Clear Overstay Visas"

I saw an advert on a Bangkok Facebook Group page,  by a Visa Company/Service.

They claim to be able to CLEAR large overstays.

i contacted them and they said they cant do Africa and some other countries. but they can do most Western Countries.

They said that the person needs to get a NEW passport and then they can CLEAR their overstay in the old passport (no matter how long overstayed it is).

and then you get a 30 day basic stamp in your NEW passport.

is this a Scam ?

they said the person will NOT get any Ban or Blacklisted... (even that it is a long overstay of months or years).

i can only imagine some kind of loophole,, or perhaps someone has a "friend" at immigration.

but if its a "friend" at immigration, then why cant they do an African country  and limited to only certain countries  ?

she sent me copies of "other peoples" success passports and stamps to prove that she can do what she claims.

it seems like a corrupt type of thing.. but (on the other hand) maybe its 'just another loophole' (similar to setting up a fake business to get a business visa).

Edited by easybullet3

I would assume that such service is illegal.

Scam and illegal are two different issues.

It might be possible that such service exist, but I doubt that anyone

would be stupid enough and advertise openly on  a Fanbook page.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It sounds like a scam to me. 

Or perhaps a sting operation by immigration. :shock1:

Stating that they cannot clear African overstayers to me sounds not like a sting...... does sound dodgy though.

1 minute ago, lemonjelly said:

Stating that they cannot clear African overstayers to me sounds not like a sting...... does sound dodgy though.

Maybe they are worried that the Africans may try to scam them ?:sleep:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems to me that they have a relationship with immigration at one of the land borders. It works by stamping you out on the old passport, then allowing a reentry with a visa exempt entry in the new passport. My gut instinct is that this is very likely to work in the short term, with the visa exempt entry being genuine, and no blacklisting registered in immigration's computer. However, it is probable the process will be eventually discovered and stopped, and I would be unsurprised if some retrospective blacklisting occurred at that time.

• Like 2

I have heard of this from two sources. Once from a visa agency who said he could do it, and the information he gave me, I checked with a senior immigration Officer, who is a neighbour of mine, who confirmed that Yes, it could be done, and that the person would have a 30 day visa at the end of it. Both of them quoted 90,000 baht for it.

Neither said that the person would have to get a new passport, though that may have been an omission.

Edited by darksidedog

Lets say enter on 1st Jan on VE.

Stay until June about 150 day over stay.

Get new passport and use this service with stamp out in old and stamp in on new on VE.

As, I assume, all entries/exits end up on the same data base the next time your name and DOB go in the computer will it/won't throw up your old passport number on the screen with dates in and out?

Would they in that case not notice the 150 days between your old in/out?

If they do notice how would you explain it or would it be 'after the fact' so they would just let it go?

Your new passport will be noted as replacing No xxxxx reported stolen, full or damaged.

It starts with you having to lie to your embassy to get a new passport, then spirals into the toilet from there.

Read about these services before, some on TVF have claimed to use them. 

But a scam?  Maybe.  "She" could have done a few real ones to build superficial credibility, but the whole time, taking in deposits or "half now, half on completion" paid orders, then go bye bye with a few million Baht.

Lie down with dogs, you gunna get fleas.  They don't call it Land of Scams for nothing.

Edited by 55Jay
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Lets say enter on 1st Jan on VE.

Stay until June about 150 day over stay.

Get new passport and use this service with stamp out in old and stamp in on new on VE.

As, I assume, all entries/exits end up on the same data base the next time your name and DOB go in the computer will it/won't throw up your old passport number on the screen with dates in and out?

Would they in that case not notice the 150 days between your old in/out?

If they do notice how would you explain it or would it be 'after the fact' so they would just let it go?

Your new passport will be noted as replacing No xxxxx reported stolen, full or damaged.

I also wonder, in the past we had many enquiries from customers to clear overstay at Thai-Cambodia border or at Thai-Laos border and it is simple not possible to "bypass the system".  

18 minutes ago, visarunner said:

I also wonder, in the past we had many enquiries from customers to clear overstay at Thai-Cambodia border or at Thai-Laos border and it is simple not possible to "bypass the system".  

Maybe a good few years ago it might have been possible before everything started going onto data bases.

How many people still believe a new passport clears all your VE's in the computer?

3 hours ago, easybullet3 said:

They said that the person needs to get a NEW passport and then they can CLEAR their overstay in the old passport (no matter how long overstayed it is).

and then you get a 30 day basic stamp in your NEW passport.

is this a Scam ?

Well, first it's illegal !!!

How about the arrival card and departure card ??? will do something about them ???

It's scam !!!  To be caught as overstayer is lot better than overstayer and with law offense !! that would be a criminal case !!!

3 hours ago, visarunner said:

I would assume that such service is illegal.

Scam and illegal are two different issues.

It might be possible that such service exist, but I doubt that anyone

would be stupid enough and advertise openly on  a Fanbook page.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Do they mention a price for this service?

I was curious, so i wrote to them asking for info:
This is what she said (in her messages to me):

Need new passport, old passport and paper from embassy

Cost overstay since:

2016 cost 45,000

2015 cost 50,000

2014 cost 55,000

2013 cost 60,000

2012 cost 70,000

Need time 4-5 weeks for fix overstay
After clear overstay can have T.30 (ผ.30)

After finish clear overstay she can do visa

I REPLIED:   "really?  you can clear Overstay (1 year or over)?  The person will not get Blacklisted for 3 years ?"

SHE REPLIED:
I can do. Need 3-4 weeks for fixed
Last one German guy I have to clear overstay for him. And now he leave country go to Philippines can go by airplane no problem.

17 minutes ago, easybullet3 said:

Cost overstay since:

2016 cost 45,000

2015 cost 50,000

2014 cost 55,000

2013 cost 60,000

2012 cost 70,000

I REPLIED:   "really?  you can clear Overstay (1 year or over)?  The person will not get Blacklisted for 3 years ?"

SHE REPLIED:
Last one German guy I have to clear overstay for him. And now he leave country go to Philippines can go by airplane no problem.

If anyone is daft enough to hand over that cash and both the old and new passport to a basically unknown person they deserve all the crap that is going to land on them.

I can't think of a strong enough word.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You will never know until you try it! :wink:

If you're overstaying for a years and years, facing deportation and black list for up to 10 years, it could be worth a shoot. It's gamble - it might be scam, it might work.

Otherwise I wouldn't trust it. My main concert is, that it's written by very broken english.... .

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, easybullet3 said:

Cost overstay since:

2016 cost 45,000

2015 cost 50,000

2014 cost 55,000

2013 cost 60,000

2012 cost 70,000

SHE REPLIED:

I'd urge extreme caution before proceeding..    I would only consider such a scheme under the most dire of circumstances.    

I'm very cautious about letting others have my passport in hand.

I have a friend in Immigration, too. My friend is better than your friend. For overstays less than 1 year please give me 25,000 THB. For overstays more than 1 year it will be 25,000 THB plus 17,795 THB for each additional year. You may round this off to the nearest 1000 baht. I'm looking forward to solving your overstay problems in Thailand. African Countries are welcome. No more than 20 years of overstay please!

Edited by tomwct
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, howard ashoul said:

You will never know until you try it! :wink:

If you're overstaying for a years and years, facing deportation and black list for up to 10 years, it could be worth a shoot. It's gamble - it might be scam, it might work.

Otherwise I wouldn't trust it. My main concert is, that it's written by very broken english.... .

Personally, anyone who overstays for years and years is a total idiot and to be blunt is literally begging for the shxxt to fall on his head, but hey saying that if he is idiot enough to flaunt the rules, then maybe he is idiot enough to fall for such a suggested scam. Horse for courses as its said !

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, overherebc said:

No, just asking to find out what stupid people would pay for such a service.

some people overstay my mistake, I had, last week,  a UK guy on a multiple Non O from UK, over 70years of age. He did not know that he had to leave the country every 90days, so he left after total 187 days, hence he paid THB20,000.- for overstay 97days and blacklist ONE YEAR. If he would have known about such service he might have avoided the pain and cleared his overstay before. Just saying.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Stating that they cannot clear African overstayers to me sounds not like a sting......

thats the classic double bluff and you to an extent fell for it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, visarunner said:

some people overstay my mistake, I had, last week,  a UK guy on a multiple Non O from UK, over 70years of age. He did not know that he had to leave the country every 90days, so he left after total 187 days, hence he paid THB20,000.- for overstay 97days and blacklist ONE YEAR. If he would have known about such service he might have avoided the pain and cleared his overstay before. Just saying.

I have no doubt there will be genuine cases of overstay because people have misunderstood ( is that a real word, looks wrong ) the rules and regulations. However, I think the 'system' being discussed is obviously for the interest of others who are aware and paid no attention to the rules as many of them have the idea that they are 'entitled' because they come from, you pick the country or countries.

The only way the older guy might have been helped is if the place he was issued the Multi O also included a printed note with the visa explaining the 90 day rule.

I do feel for him by the way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tomwct said:

I have a friend in Immigration, too. My friend is better than your friend. For overstays less than 1 year please give me 25,000 THB. For overstays more than 1 year it will be 25,000 THB plus 17,795 THB for each additional year. You may round this off to the nearest 1000 baht. I'm looking forward to solving your overstay problems in Thailand. African Countries are welcome. No more than 20 years of overstay please!

tongue in cheek? or real ? 

i assumed it was a joke, until you gave a limit of 20 years maximum overstay.. Lol

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Exactly...kind of like the classic police sting in Western countries, where they send people with outstanding warrants a letter saying that they've won something, and need to show up at "X" address on a certain day to claim it... :smile:

6 minutes ago, Chou Anou said:

Exactly...kind of like the classic police sting in Western countries, where they send people with outstanding warrants a letter saying that they've won something, and need to show up at "X" address on a certain day to claim it... :smile:

Wonder if they let them pay the money first.

Bribing an official is pretty serious as well. ?

18 hours ago, easybullet3 said:

she sent me copies of "other peoples" success passports and stamps to prove that she can do what she claims.

That one line in the OP would do it for me to give the lady a big miss. Even if redacted, copies are obviously kept and if it is illegal/dodgy, doing business of this nature through FB, under the current situation regarding monitoring in Thailand, would show too many red lights for me.

Who is to say that if you do use the service that your passport and up-to-date travel history won't be available to the masses on FB, not to mention the monitoring authorities? If it is legal through loopholes but deemed an illegal practice in the near future, where would you stand?

Edited by chrisinth
  • Like 1