Phuket police issue ATM skimmer alert

webfact

Phuket police issue ATM skimmer alert

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1494834153_1-org.jpg

Police are trying to hunt down suspected skimmers after more than a dozen victims reported money missing from their accounts after using the same ATM in Phuket. Photo: Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: -- Police are attempting to hunt down suspected ATM skimmers after 15 people reported unauthorised withdrawals from their accounts after they had all used the same ATM in Phuket.

“We have had reports from 16 victims. One victim lost B900 but the losses range up to B63,000 for one person,” Lt Col Amponwat Sangruang deputy chief of Kathu Police told The Phuket News.

The initial report came last Thursday (May 11) after one victim reported using a Siam Commercial Bank ATM near the 7-Eleven store next to the Si Kor Market in Kathu.

“We have already informed Siam Commercial Bank branch managers of the incidents. We are investigating the reports and checking CCTV to try to identify and track those responsible,” he said.

One additional report noted that a person had noticed an unauthorised withdrawal after the person used a Kasikornbank (Kbank) ATM, Col Amponwat noted.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-issue-atm-skimmer-alert-62159.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-05-15

44 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

I always use an atm within a bank or I give it a hard knock or side slap (to release the skimmers from the glue attached to the atm).

I too take myself in checking Atm`s nowadays for what I think skimming equipment looks like.......what a wonderful world :sad: