Israel wants White House to explain U.S. official's Western Wall comment

webfact

1 minute ago, mrwebb8825 said:

I guess that's where it gets confusing to me since the article clearly states that the Israelis captured East Jerusalem which in my mind, says the Palestinians control west Jerusalem.

They wouldn't need to really concede to each other if the UN made a directive to recognize both countries as countries IF they simply split Jerusalem into 2 capitols with each side controling 1/2 but a UN Military overseeing the peace keeping a buffer zone between the other 2 militaries.

Israel held the Western side of town, and later on (1967) captured East Jerusalem.

Israel is already a member on the UN, and Palestine almost is. So not too clear on what "recognition" is referred to. Conflicts are rarely related to simply logical and rational issues, and this one ain't different. Denying the irrational bits does not make them go away, though.

Guess not everyone trusts the UN to the degree suggested.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

West Jerusalem is a modern Jewish Israel town , East Jerusalem is the Old City 

The Old City is  part of East Jerusalem, which depending on definitions can be of varying sizes and include different neighborhoods and villages. Some are quite modern, some aren't.

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

The Old City is  part of East Jerusalem, which depending on definitions can be of varying sizes and include different neighborhoods and villages. Some are quite modern, some aren't.

Thank you for the civilized enlightenment. Having never been there I don't have any real firsthand knowledge but was just trying to make sense of it all. Makes me very glad that I'm not a politician. :)

On 5/20/2017 at 1:14 PM, sanemax said:

I did actually say that Jerusalem is quite insignificant to Islam , reason being that there are other more important places for Muslims , I.E. Mecca and Medina

I didnt say that Jerusalem was insignificant full stop

Puh-leeze!  

On 5/20/2017 at 1:14 PM, sanemax said:

I did actually say that Jerusalem is quite insignificant to Islam , reason being that there are other more important places for Muslims , I.E. Mecca and Medina

I didnt say that Jerusalem was insignificant full stop

Splitting hairs...Have a nice night.

52 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Splitting hairs...Have a nice night.

Not at all, I was just replying to a post that claimed that Jerusalem is just as important to Muslims as it is important to Jews .

I was just pointing out that that is incorrect

Just now, sanemax said:

Not at all, I was just replying to a post that claimed that Jerusalem is just as important to Muslims as it is important to Jews .

I was just pointing out that that is incorrect

whatever... Have a nice day.