Has anyone completed an online 90 day report recently? May 2017

Hi 

With respect to previous 90 day online  reporters.

Has anyone used the site lately? May 2017 at the mo. I invested in a Brother printer at a cost of over 5500B last year in order to print the necessary slip for my passport conveniently at home. I have not been successful in using it for that purpose ever. Not cheap! I live in Bangkok and the trip to Chaengwattana is quite expensive now at almost 1000B per trip return. I thought my investment would be worthwhile considering a seemingly convenient online system: However I have been hampered by many problems with the site. Filling the form many times and it taking ages to input, only to be disappointed after several hours when the site wont accept the filled template. Filling the form on different browser's such as IE and differing years as instructed in Chaengwattana billboards and many other forums with no joy!

Does this site work at all? Is there any person responsible for IT in Immigration who can be sacked? Why is it we are asked to use a browser like IE that no one younger than Dumbledore uses and I am 57!  

Anyone having accurate and current information on this subject, please help...... Very frustrated now!!!!

Hi Pattya 46. 

Such a frustrating claim that the Immigration make. Online 90 day reporting but hang on? Trouble is it does not work Mai pen rai, wai wai wai and walk away. It's a pity they do not have a Farang leading their IT department, none of this would be a problem!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The site has been down most of the time since December.

Have you thought of mailing in your reports,

There is also three other locations in Bangkok you can do your reports other than CW.

Thank you Ubonjoe

That is interesting! The Ladprao might be the nearest to me as I am in Talat Phlu. I did hear of an office in or near to Saphan Taksin but am not aware if they can do 90 day reporting? It would be great if they did as it might assuage some of the grief felt as a result of the online system not being operational. 

Edited by Sumarianson
Thanking a poster for input.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is also three other locations in Bangkok you can do your reports other than CW.

Hi Ubonjoe

Have you ever used Ladprao to file your 90 day report? Don Muang is far away and I don't know where the other office is?

1 minute ago, Sumarianson said:

Have you ever used Ladprao to file your 90 day report? Don Muang is far away and I don't know where the other office is?

Many reports of people doing their reports at Ladprao for 3 years now.

The other office is located a long way from you.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

Hi Ubonjoe

I have used the Lardprao immigration office for many 90 day reports. It is much faster than chaeng wattana. Usually it takes 10 - 20 minutes! 

If you are driving it is very convenient. Same if you use taxi etc. It is the rundown mall on north side of Lardprao road just east of the Ram Intra expressway overpass.  I come from Bkk and take the Ramintra expressway and it is super fast. The whole trip takes little more than an hour.

• Like 1

Thank you Ubonjoe

I have just looked at Big C in Rat Burana which is approx, 7Km from me which is close enough and easy to get to without going in to town and the traffic. I can also do that amount of Km on my bike as the road is not so congested and dangerous. I will make my trip there in June when my first 90 day report following my new 1 year visa is due.

Thank you so much for your help. However it does not mitigate the outlay I have made for my printer nor answer the valid question! What is happening to the online 90 day report?Also for long term residents such as myself whom have bought property to live in here and have a permanent address. What is the point in a 90 day report? If you change your address or leave the country for more than 3 months then I would understand the need but that could easily be done by phone message nowadays. Thai Immigration has much to catch up with in the world in so far as technology and convenience is concerned. I still laugh when the girls at the supermarket still insist on picking up each item to scan the barcode despite having 20 items the same and the barcode the same. Also the fact that you cannot get cash back at the till as you can in most countries for over 20 years now!!!

Edited by Sumarianson
omission
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sumarianson said:

Hi Pattya 46. 

Such a frustrating claim that the Immigration make. Online 90 day reporting but hang on? Trouble is it does not work Mai pen rai, wai wai wai and walk away. It's a pity they do not have a Farang leading their IT department, none of this would be a problem!

Why a "farang" ? Would it have to be a caucasion westerner - is that the only person who could solve the problem ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

i admire you for you help for the online questions  but please when are you going to admit to yourself the system was flawed from the start  and still is  please be more honest  to yourself and your flock

• Like 1

I have never said it was perfect. I have only tried to help people them resolve their problems with it. Many problems were user errors.

As I have written many times I cannot do online reports because of an old entry (before 2013) to the country and also I have gotten a new passport since then.

It being down now is something different.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

//  but please when are you going to admit to yourself the system was flawed from the start  //

It worked good enough during nearly 2 years :smile:

so surely not a big deal to make it continue to work like that, even if not perfect.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

I have just looked at Big C in Rat Burana which is approx, 7Km from me which is close enough and easy to get to without going in to town and the traffic.

FYI - Immigration is still located in the basement at Big C Rat Burana. They told me in February that they plan to move upstairs but they appear to have settled in for awhile in the basement/lower parking lot area. I just did my 90 day this morning in about 10 minutes which included filling out yet another request for information form. I seem to get a different "request for information" type of form every time I go there. They handed me a queue number which appeared to be worthless as they told me to just stand in line in front of the officer's desk.

Edited by Silurian

12 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

It is a question of mindset not colour of skin or nationality. The mindset of the 'Farang' for the most part is, to compete with the best and improve systems and procedures, generally, get the job done and apologise for inconvenience and compensate when in the wrong. Do you see this mindset among the general population of Thai workers?

You seem to be confused, "farang" does not mean a foreigner, it means a caucasian westerner.

• Like 1

Yes I used it about 3 weeks ago.

Remember: Use IE Explorer, other browsers don't usually work.

Windows security says the certificate is not updated/valid and recommends you don't go to the site. Go anyway.

Dont forget to scroll to the bottom of the 'conditions' box and tick acceptance.

Edited by Andyfez
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Andyfez said:

Windows security says the certificate is not updated/valid and recommends you don't go to the site. Go anyway.

Dont forget to scroll to the bottom of the 'conditions' box and tick acceptance.

Please... :saai:

Did you try it before posting? Clearly no.

What you wrote probably was true 3 weeks ago,

but for about 2 weeks it doesn't work at all any more :sad:

Try: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online

56 minutes ago, muzmurray said:

Yes, to Thais too, they have different nicknames for other races.

The Royal Institute Dictionary 1999, the official dictionary of Thai words, defines the word farang as "a person of white race". That's probably as close to the 'horses mouth' as you're going to get.

• Like 1

And I forgot to mention, (when I went off topic just now) I tried for a year to do my 90 day reports on-line and failed every time. This system has been flawed from the off. They might as well kill it off once and for all.

In fact isn't it high time they gave up this whole childish business of 90 day reports altogether? It's like a school kid being sent to headmaster every quarter. I'm beginning to find it somewhat demeaning, as if I can't be trusted.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

I always do my 90 day report, live, in the Ayutthaya office.  For the past year or so they would scan the barcode on the slip from the last report and print a new report for me to sign.  I just did the report this Monday and it was back to the old way; copies of passport, arrival card and a new TM 47.

25 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Mail it in

If you are in the range dates to make it Online,

then you are too late to make it by Mail... :sleep:

BTW I am unsure if Pattaya accepts 90Days by Mail...?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andyfez said:

Yes I used it about 3 weeks ago.

Remember: Use IE Explorer, other browsers don't usually work.

You must have found a very rare window of opportunity. I had to visit my local immigration office for my 2nd 90 day report since the system has been unavailable or failing for around 6 months now.

I tried access every day during the days I could have lodged it electronically on both occasions. Previously it worked for a year or so.

Just now, Pattaya46 said:

If you are in the range dates to make it Online,

then you are too late to make it by Mail... :sleep:

BTW I am unsure if Pattaya accepts 90Days by Mail...?

I live in the north and faithfully mark the mailing date on the calendar and whizz it in. The online reporting never worked for MOST people since day one. It along with getting an advance queue number died years ago. The whole immigration system should be overhauled but sadly will not happen.