State Sex: Ministry wants to stop govt workers from treating bosses to sex services

snoop1130

26 minutes ago, seajae said:

maybe because in western countries if they did this they would be arrested &  charged by the police, here it is common knowledge that it happens but this is the first time it has been raised publicly. While corruption happens all over the world it is a part of everyday life here, most of us just accept it and move on, not much we can really do about it till the police actually start doing what they are paid for and the govt stops all the in house corruption that proliferates it currently

And I'm gonna fly to the moon & back once it's stopped raining. ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

It's just that everyone so far has expressed their disdain of Thailand on this subject calling it third world, corrupt etc, not once has anyone mentioned that this and similar might be a common practice in many many countries, including Western ones.

That is because it is NOT a "common" practice in Western countries.  I have worked for international companies operating in Europe and in over 45 years there, I have NEVER heard of any similar practices.  There may have been the odd incidence of a company allowing an expense claim by an executive relating to a dubious visit to a night club during a business trip but nothing more obvious or serious than that.

This practise is actually quite common in lots of businesses in Thailand, I seen it happen in a couple hotels that I stayed at

in Bangkok. It is also common in many other types of businesses, just not talked about by most people. I still believe it

exists all over the country and not just in Bangkok. ChiangMai or Mae Hong Son.

Geezer

7 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

That is because it is NOT a "common" practice in Western countries.  I have worked for international companies operating in Europe and in over 45 years there, I have NEVER heard of any similar practices.  There may have been the odd incidence of a company allowing an expense claim by an executive relating to a dubious visit to a night club during a business trip but nothing more obvious or serious than that.

I guess you joined the wrong company    :shock1:

15 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

This practise is actually quite common in lots of businesses in Thailand, I seen it happen in a couple hotels that I stayed at

in Bangkok. It is also common in many other types of businesses, just not talked about by most people. I still believe it

exists all over the country and not just in Bangkok. ChiangMai or Mae Hong Son.

Geezer

In Vietnam as well where, despite any indication of my wanting or needing anything to read, I was gifted with a charming pair of 'bookends' after a very successful business lunch.

Edited by NanLaew

15 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

There are so many thing wrong with this OP.

They accepted that it was OK, till they got caught.

That sex with a child prostitute is an "acceptable" gift.

That senior officials thought it was OK (till now) and acceptedd these "gifts".

That "Juniors" knew that is what they were required to provide.

That trafficking these girls was OK.

Ad infinitum.

And now they try to take the moral high ground against what has been a state sponsored, and,  I have no doudt, financed program.

I cannot comment further, disgusted.

We as foreigners don't understand .....its Thainess

I've read many, many stories of NY stock brokerage houses paying for women,, sex, and drugs as part of a bonus program for the brokers who bring in the most $$, clients, or profits.  Articles say it happens all the time.  So this is not unique to Thailand.

19 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Nope. I recall a very enjoyable afternoon and evening in the champagne room at a Houston strip club all covered by the equipment supplier who I managed to hook up with a signed 3 million dollar contract during an oil industry convention.

The two companies that I worked for only asked for ones discretion when submitting entertainment expenses which were unofficially capped at a thousand bucks/event. One new guy on the team hit a strip club twice in three days with his Pakistani clients but had to cover the second nights entertainment tab himself after it was rejected by accounts.

Until around the mid 1990's the Houston Convention Association openly encouraged and accepted sponsorship from some of (then) Houston's finest gentlemen's clubs who by dint of sheer volume of liquor sales, were significant tax earners for Harris County. Sadly, after a noisome lady counselor with a wild hair up her ass about hookers was elected, things went from bad to worse.

15 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

There are so many thing wrong with this OP.

They accepted that it was OK, till they got caught.

That sex with a child prostitute is an "acceptable" gift.

That senior officials thought it was OK (till now) and acceptedd these "gifts".

That "Juniors" knew that is what they were required to provide.

That trafficking these girls was OK.

Ad infinitum.

And now they try to take the moral high ground against what has been a state sponsored, and,  I have no doudt, financed program.

I cannot comment further, disgusted.

I am dead serious, wife's  must be informed upfront, if not and condoms were not used , i suggest the spouses file for attempted murder against their husband.

HIV/AIDS is a killer bug you know!

12-14  and a gift???

IF true  then i start to puke.

In the UK Construction industry I know that suppliers taking clients out on the town would always end the evening in the local knocking shop. This was going on 15 years or so ago and is maybe less prevalent now but I would wager it still goes on.

15 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

So you set up your boss with a (whats it called) and you get promotion or a raise.

is there anywhere here that corruption does not rule?

Regarding your last line "is there anywhere that corruption does not rule?"

I would pay good money to find that out!

"Minister of Social Development and Human Security (MSDHS) Adul Sangsingkeo is working with his team to find ways to stop the practice of liang doo poo sua among government employees."

Well, he could make a start by making sure that the Mae Hong Son perverts are locked-up for a very long time; maybe that will be a deterrent for any future perverted outings.  All this pussy-footing around just because some high ranking officials have been named makes me sick to the stomach.  It's quite obvious they are all guilt, and guilt of having illegal sex with under-age girls.  Lock them up - Hardly rocket science.

2 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

And I also have done the same including the ME and Far East and Asia and my experience is that it is not uncommon, in fact, as another poster has also said, the City sees these things on a very regular basis.

:stoner:

I have heard of lap dances and one on one dances.  

I think Thailand is a lot like other S Asian countries that are dealing with the new world but still have a culture that has many old world traits that need to be re thought.

Soapies have been around for a long time and it is not just for the foreign trade 

Most of the clubs cater to Thais that do not want to have a mistress but want to enjoy a little on the side.

5 hours ago, Fulwell53 said:

So bribery is peculiar to thailand only?

Interesting

5 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

It's just that everyone so far has expressed their disdain of Thailand on this subject calling it third world, corrupt etc, not once has anyone mentioned that this and similar might be a common practice in many many countries, including Western ones.

The subject is Thailand NOT other countries!

5 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Oh yes!!! Thailand is most corrupted country in the WORLD!!! I have proves

In Thai society the cultural norms indicate this is normal and acceptable practice.

Not unlike indentured servitude, or young girls being bought from their families and prostituted, because this is their lot in life.

It's Thainess!

These practices only seem to offend the sensibilities of foreigners, who pass judgement based on their foreign sense of ethics and morality.

Even though this is  a Thai Forum, a lot seem to want to compare to other countries( where prostitution may or may not be legal) regarding this topic but my point was this is Gov sponsored with maybe under age girls...in a country that prostitution is -Illegal! I mean you get arrested for playing cards.

7 hours ago, collingwood said:

And I thought prostitution was illegal !!!

It is illegal, and it is wrong to break the law. People should remember that laws are made for a reason, and obey them.:whistling:

I have friends from the UK asking me is this seriously happening are they busting down massage parlors are they banning Facebook are they stopping street food are the bars still closing at midnight? They were supposed to be coming here end of the year anyways they have all changed their plans :( slightly off topic but all these crazy threads tend to lead us to the same place

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

22 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

LOL. To say "thank you" in advance for promotion.

In other terms, "bribery". 

Thainess never changes.

9 hours ago, Fulwell53 said:

So bribery is peculiar to thailand only?

Interesting

9 hours ago, exalll said:

Don't start with this crap!  Where does he suggest that bribery is peculiar to Thailand only?  

To be fair, the quote we're referring to reads..."Thainess never changes", giving the possible impression (to some anyway) that this is unique, special or exclusive to Thailand. It can certainly be interpreted in different ways, as Thailand bashing is a fave pastime here on TV. Myself not excluded! :vampire: