Video: Passengers scatter as Japanese man angles for a fight on Bangkok canal boat!

webfact

Video: Passengers scatter as Japanese man angles for a fight on Bangkok canal boat!

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A video posted on Facebook showed a Japanese man strip to the waist before angling for a fight with two Thai men sitting on a Saen Saeb canal boat.

But neither the poster - Princess Jum Cody - nor people who saw the clip had any idea what had got the vaguely sumo-like man so upset, reported Sanook.

One thing was for sure - passengers on the service scurried to get out of the way as tempers flared with fears that someone might fall in the murky canal.

Apparently according to Sanook the driver of the service pulled into a stop and asked the warring factions to get off to resolve their differences.

The incident happened in the Asoke - Petchaburi area on yesterday evening.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-17

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, huanga said:

Land of rising sun + land of smile = land of rising temper

sun + smile = temper (I guess the sun is to blame. Hotness will destroy that smile!)

I don't think so. Japanese are very polite and patient people.

I can only imagine what ticked him off....most probably some extremely rude local drunk guys,scammers or con artists plying these canal routes.

7 minutes ago, ezzra said:

We didn't see if his pinky was chopped, if it was, we'd guess that the man

either had too much Saki or Mekhong and forgot where he was for a moment....

If his finger was chopped he would be covered in tattoos, wouldnt he ? 

2 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Papa always warned me about samurai warrior wannabees!

Its the quiet ones that you have to worry about. Skilled Japanese and Chinese fighters dont behave like the knob on the boat

13 minutes ago, wvavin said:

I really have no idea of what is happening even after reading the news?????

that is because a few guys are having a shouting match and there is no news.
All quiet on the Western Front as in the book Remarque wrote

1 hour ago, BMW Overlander said:

I don't think so. Japanese are very polite and patient people.

I can only imagine what ticked him off....most probably some extremely rude local drunk guys,scammers or con artists plying these canal routes.

speculators be ware. no rumour mongering.

3 hours ago, huanga said:

Land of rising sun + land of smile = land of rising temper

sun + smile = temper (I guess the sun is to blame. Hotness will destroy that smile!)

That's a funny post, thanks for the laugh.

On a more serious note, both Japan and Thailand are nations of repressed emotions, and it's pretty much true of the whole Asian continent, barring India, the origin being in China and bearing the name Kong Foo Tse (500 bc) whom we know as Confucius.

The teachings of Confucius are a multi-level affair, like most ancient teachings, ranging from very down to earth injuctions to highly esoterical considerations.

The aim to help individuals and human societies towards peace and harmony  is at the core of this teaching, implying that they are very much inseparable. In that respect it differs quite substantially  from its contemporary, Taoism, which focuses more on the individual.

Confucianism urges people to refrain from expressing negative emotions because it only serves to strengthen them. Interestingly the very strong trend of 'positive thinking' which is everywhere in the Western world nowadays is another way to say the same thing. At the same time, we Westerners are deeply imbued with mantras that started in the early 70s, which encourage people to 'get it off their chests' in every possible way, the idea being that repressed angers and frustrations can only fester and lead to explosions.

Personnally I find that there is truth in both theories, and finding a subtle balance between the two would be a worthwhile goal in life.

Unfortunately, all human theories and teachings seem inevitably bound to degenerate, sometimes to the point where they can end up being invoked to justify the very actions which they meant to help us eradicate. Examples are all over the place. How the teaching of Jesus Christ, for instance, could ever lead to the Inquisition, can only be explained by this unfortunate 'law of degeneration'.

This Forum often expresses bewilderment over the fact that Thais are on the one hand a very polite and well mannered people, and yet can show extreme violence, especially in groups. Clearly, what makes the violence both surprising and extreme is the 'pressure-cooker effect'.

As for the fact that violence is so often inflicted in groups, in my opinion it is directly linked to the Confucianist repression of emotions : by acting with others, the individual feels that he is somehow not really and personnally involved and therefore not breaking the moral code. It's absurd, of course, but that's how human beings function, and the person who is always first to believe our lies is ... ourselves.

Edited by Yann55

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

Why does one have to take off his shirt in order to fight.....is it a Japanese ritual?

Seems to be universal nowadays. However I like the penguin ritual, arms down by their side, chin stuck forward and feining attacks. Great look for the brainless.

Edited by Franko666
misspelt

7 minutes ago, Yann55 said:

That's a funny post, thanks for the laugh.

On a more serious note, both Japan and Thailand are nations of repressed emotions, and it's pretty much true of the whole Asian continent, barring India, the origin being in China and bearing the name Kong Foo Tse (500 bc) whom we know as Confucius.

The teachings of Confucius are a multi-level affair, like most ancient teachings, ranging from very down to earth injuctions to highly esoterical considerations.

The aim to help individuals and human societies towards peace and harmony  is at the core of this teaching, implying that they are very much inseparable. In that respect it differs quite substantially  from its contemporary, Taoism, which focuses more on the individual.

Confucianism urges people to refrain from expressing negative emotions because it only serves to strengthen them. Interestingly the very strong trend of 'positive thinking' which is everywhere in the Western world nowadays is another way to say the same thing. At the same time, we Westerners are deeply imbued with mantras that started in the early 70s, which encourage people to 'get it off their chests' in every possible way, the idea being that repressed angers and frustrations can only fester and lead to explosions.

Personnally I find that there is truth in both theories, and finding a subtle balance between the two would be a worthwhile goal in life.

Unfortunately, all human theories and teachings seem inevitably bound to degenerate, sometimes to the point where they can end up being invoked to justify the very actions which they meant to help us eradicate. Examples are all over the place. How the teaching of Jesus Christ, for instance, could ever lead to the Inquisition, can only be explained by this unfortunate 'law of degeneration'.

This Forum often expresses bewilderment over the fact that Thais are on the one hand a very polite and well mannered people, and yet they are prone to extreme violence, especially in groups. Well, what makes the violence surprising and extreme is maonly the pressure-cooker effect.

As for the fact that violence is so often inflicted in groups, in my opinion it is directly linked to the Confucianist repression of emotions : by acting with others, the individual feels that he is somehow not really and personnally involved and therefore not breaking the moral code. It's absurd, of course, but that's how human beings function, and the person who is always first to believe our lies is ... ourselves.

Good but long read. My attention span has disappeared because of the aging process but informative never the less. It confuses me a bit but Confucius seems to come out the winner as JC and Taoism do not resonate with me. Talk of resonating I must go to the bathroom catch you later.