Video: Passengers scatter as Japanese man angles for a fight on Bangkok canal boat!

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

And Land of Smiles refers to the wide range of meanings to Thai smiles (many of which are unfathomable to farangs), not that Thais all giggle uncontrollably.

They were Thais, not British football hooligans who only become brave when sufficiently numerous.

Imagination is a wonderful thing and so agenda-driven.

Fortunately Japanese never drink to excess. 

Japanese never drink to excess??

My observation when living there was that they seldom drank moderately.

17 hours ago, Brigante7 said:

Sumo is a sport not a race.

Brigante7.

That doesn't matter, Bluespunk has sensitive radar for anything not absolutely PC. Vaguely sumo-like, that was a PC attempt at avoiding the word 'fat'

18 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Why does one have to take off his shirt in order to fight.....is it a Japanese ritual?

Because in a "street/boat fight"  grabbing your opponent's shirt and pulling it over their head is an easy way to gain control and get in good knees and fists to their head. So taking his shirt off was a good idea.  Seen many street fights go down like that. 

21 hours ago, webfact said:

But neither the poster - Princess Jum Cody - nor people who saw the clip had any idea what had got the vaguely sumo-like man so upset,

Bet he'd be upset to read this description of himself

1 hour ago, itsonlytemporary said:

Because in a "street/boat fight"  grabbing your opponent's shirt and pulling it over their head is an easy way to gain control and get in good knees and fists to their head. So taking his shirt off was a good idea.  Seen many street fights go down like that. 

Yes , that's very true....in Jackie Chan movies. 

On 5/17/2017 at 0:46 PM, ratcatcher said:

I must remind my wife to refer to me in future as "vaguely sumo- like".

As for the poster, Princess Jum Cody, I wonder which branch of "'royalty" she belongs to? Maybe Facebook royalty?

He should have been arrested....

AS ALWAYS THE THAI  GUYS CALM IT DOWN COMPLIMENT TO THEM

FOREIGNERS ARE GUESTS HERE WHY BE SUCH A PAIN IN THE ASS  HE SURE HAS A SHORT FUSE

WHY COME TO THAILAND JUST TO FIGHT EXPENSIVE TO DO JUST THAT STAY JAPAN EAT WASABI THEN U HAVE A HOT BRAIN

NOT HERE PLEASE

Orrrr... he was bigging himself up/trying to show off.