PM upset with nurses’ objection to government’s employment plan

Aaaaaaw...the nurses don't like the plan, someone just dreamed up and want fair treatment?

And the poor general doesn't like the bad, bad nurses to make trouble?

Well...boooo- @#$%^&*- hooo....

Get out of the kitchen, if you can't stand the heat!

He also warned that if disgruntled nurses continue to oppose the government’s plan, all the nurses might not be upgraded in their status at all.

Wow, these are management techniques normally applied by Kindergarten teachers and parents of small children: "if you don't stop whining about icecream you won't get any icecream at all any more".

If the nurses keep on going he will put his fingers in his ears while yelling "lalalalalala I can't hear you".

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I can understand the nurses, i mean they were lied to by Yingluck and now they worry they are lied to by Prayut.

But I also understand Prayut, budgets are not limitless and other government agencies also want an upgrade.. give in to one and you have to give in to all. So sure I get it.. maybe if they had kept the army budget the same (in % of GDP) instead of increasing there would have been room for it. Or maybe if the stupid rice scam did not drain the country of money then they could have afforded it.

Point is who do you want to pay for it.. the taxpayer.. in increases of taxes. the tax-base is already low and supporting far to many people. Better to find some cuts somewhere.

As always, deflect and blame the Shinawats. 

5 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

As always, deflect and blame the Shinawats. 

Maybe you should read better, I spread the blame. Its the Shins that got Thailand an extra debt of 500 billion. Far more as some stupid subs (don't agree with the subs). Fact is the Shins first promised the nurses the same thing and did not deliver.. now Prayut is trying the same thing no wonder the nurses dont' trust it.  But I also said that they should not have increased the military budget (in % of GDP). So seems quite well balanced opinion here blaming them both. 

But you just can't give in to everyone.. I see the same back home.. the moment you give in to one group.. an other wants an increase too.. and just like everywhere in the world budgets are not limitless. 

15 hours ago, Sunderland said:

You could sell your submarines to pay for more nurses ... it's not rocket science General.

No one would want to buy them, unless scrap value. 

15 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Where the money will come from to have all nurses upgraded?” asked the prime minister who appeared to be disturbed

There maybe a couple of million citizen who would voluntarily consult him as a political rookie to find the answer to this pathetic question.  

16 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

“What shall I do? Do they want all the nurses to be upgraded in one shot? Where the money will come from to have all nurses upgraded?” asked the prime minister who appeared to be disturbed by the opposition to the government’s plan.

Reply to the Original Post...............

I thought you (PM) were smart enough to know the answer to that without asking the nurses............... LOL.............

While you are thinking 'sensibly' then you might think about 'education' for Thais as well ---- If you can get your mind off those submarines for a moment........

Pitting yourself against nurses (or doctors, for that matter) is unwise. Every family in the country will have reason to be glad of their services at one time or another so resentment will be heightened by criticism of them.

17 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

“What shall I do? Do they want all the nurses to be upgraded in one shot? Where the money will come from to have all nurses upgraded?” asked the prime minister who appeared to be disturbed by the opposition to the government’s plan.

Good to see his feathers ruffled. Cancel the sub program and other boy toys lots of money there. Quote "What shall I do?" well how about resigning for starters and holding an election. Burn your roadmap. Man up. 

17 hours ago, rkidlad said:

"Where the money will come from to have all nurses upgraded?"

Could always cancel the subs? Then again - how do you get kick backs from recruiting nurses?

I don't know about kick backs but they are sure kicking his butt on this one. He is really disturbed on this one.

2 hours ago, champers said:

Pitting yourself against nurses (or doctors, for that matter) is unwise. Every family in the country will have reason to be glad of their services at one time or another so resentment will be heightened by criticism of them.

Exactly, there are not many citizens complaining about the work nurses are doing, while lots of people do have problems with the police or the army who both got pay increases the same day as the hiring of the nurses was denied.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:47 AM, robblok said:

Maybe you should read better, I spread the blame. Its the Shins that got Thailand an extra debt of 500 billion. Far more as some stupid subs (don't agree with the subs). Fact is the Shins first promised the nurses the same thing and did not deliver.. now Prayut is trying the same thing no wonder the nurses dont' trust it.  But I also said that they should not have increased the military budget (in % of GDP). So seems quite well balanced opinion here blaming them both. 

But you just can't give in to everyone.. I see the same back home.. the moment you give in to one group.. an other wants an increase too.. and just like everywhere in the world budgets are not limitless. 

Fair enough.  Good answer.  Apologies.