What would you do to improve Thailand?

SiamBeast

3 minutes ago, smotherb said:

I tried to answer that when I said, "I would not want to pay it to live here, but if all low-life farangs would be gone . . . " 

I meant to convey that it might be worth the $2k/mo if all the low-life farangs were gone.

Yes i know so does that include you.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bazza73 said:

So almost no falangs  in Thailand, except diplomatic staff. I think the word I'm looking for is nihilism.Well, there's so many creeds in America I suppose another one won't hurt.

Not sure any diplomatic post should be exempt from farang entrance requirements; we certainly would not want to be discriminatory now would we?

Don't see the relationship between my suggestion and the creeds in America--unless you are suggesting I have created another religious doctrine in America. Damn, better get together a collection apparatus.

5 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Yes i know so does that include you.

If you asking if I am included in the low-life farangs--I would argue no. If you are asking if I am included in those who would not pay the B$2k/mo to stay here; I might, would have to see it first.

Anything else?

5 minutes ago, smotherb said:

If you asking if I am included in the low-life farangs--I would argue no. If you are asking if I am included in those who would not pay the B$2k/mo to stay here; I might, would have to see it first.

Anything else?

No thank you youve answered my question now

Can i ask please what is meant by "lowlife  farangs" how are these defined? People who frequent bars in difined area's. People who purchase night delights?. People working without a WP? The list is endless. So a derinative definition would help people here understand exactly were they fit in to the TV farang community.

Edited by jeab1980

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

Not sure any diplomatic post should be exempt from farang entrance requirements; we certainly would not want to be discriminatory now would we?

Don't see the relationship between my suggestion and the creeds in America--unless you are suggesting I have created another religious doctrine in America. Damn, better get together a collection apparatus.

Look up nihilism in the dictionary. By definition, collections are not possible.

I do try as a non-American to think of Americans as rational and sensible people. I'm assuming not all Americans support US gun laws, or the dangerous child who has been elected President. Unfortunately, every so often I get another example which undermines that thought.

On 5/18/2017 at 9:54 AM, tigermoth said:

I thought many of the proposals by SiamBeast were quite interesting and positive. An additional comments is that Thai Visa stop publishing the inane answers of many of the replys, (most). Many friends of mine have given up on Thai Visa because of the stupid comments published. Has the editor's education ever gone beyond kindergarten??

Amazed that this post passed the censors.

On 2017-5-18 at 9:54 AM, tigermoth said:

I thought many of the proposals by SiamBeast were quite interesting and positive. An additional comments is that Thai Visa stop publishing the inane answers of many of the replys, (most). Many friends of mine have given up on Thai Visa because of the stupid comments published. Has the editor's education ever gone beyond kindergarten??

Totally agree start with removing yours shall we.

6 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Can i ask please what is meant by "lowlife  farangs" how are these defined? People who frequent bars in difined area's. People who purchase night delights?. People working without a WP? The list is endless. So a derinative definition would help people here understand exactly were they fit in to the TV farang community.

Yes, the list is endless and the options which signify low-life vary greatly dependent upon who would be making the decision.  But, no worries, everyone gets to determine their own definition. Consequently, the extent to which you're welcome here depends upon the discretion of the local tuk-tuk drivers.  

5 hours ago, bazza73 said:

Look up nihilism in the dictionary. By definition, collections are not possible.

I do try as a non-American to think of Americans as rational and sensible people. I'm assuming not all Americans support US gun laws, or the dangerous child who has been elected President. Unfortunately, every so often I get another example which undermines that thought.

So, you think I exhibit no religious or moral values; my my; how judgemental you've become.  

On 5/18/2017 at 7:08 PM, melvinmelvin said:

the idea that childless pay more tax than not-childless surfaces from time to time in western countries

I am not saying it is right or wrong, but the idea pops up here and there now and then

(the thinking being that childless over time is a net burden and that the not childless are not a net burden over time)'

Childless uses less resources of the planet which is already struggling.

On 5/18/2017 at 9:29 AM, 55Jay said:

Addressing individual issues is a useless exercise. 

You have to start with basic fundamentals. Parenting skills.  Civic responsibility.  Leadership.  Proper management techniques.  Religion would have to play a role here, but even that is so corrupt and rudderless, it requires a complete reset as well.

replace  religion  with  common sense and evidence  based answers..............they might value their lives more then than thinking theyll be  reborn

1 hour ago, kannot said:

replace  religion  with  common sense and evidence  based answers..............they might value their lives more then than thinking theyll be  reborn

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Here are a couple of ideas that have worked in other countries.

Rule of law. Start enforcing laws already in place regardless of status or wealth.

Freedom of speech/press. No more defamation suits against people telling the truth.

Traffic enforcement:  Give the police some proper patrol cars and teach them how to enforce moving violations. They will be very busy.

For immigration: Foreign men married to Thais for five years or more be given the same privileges as foreign females married to Thais. Particularly when they have children together.

13 minutes ago, Dipterocarp said:

Ban cash and importation of any physical foreign currency. Implement a smart card system. Corruption and crime difficult when taxed and tracked data exists for every transaction. Sweden is going this way first.

brilliant idea! you must be a genius :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Dipterocarp said:

Ban cash and importation of any physical foreign currency. Implement a smart card system. Corruption and crime difficult when taxed and tracked data exists for every transaction. Sweden is going this way first.

There would still be money laundering. When money enters a business account, the trace is lost. If 100 people pay a business, how do you know which outgoing payment is yours? People would use business to obfuscate the origin of the funds. Along with Bitcoin and other wannabe currencies, there is no way to trace every payment. A smarter move would be realize that bank compliance departmenrs are money-suckers and a huge waste of time, starve the beast, and focus on giving better service and lower interest rates to bank customers with the money we save by stopping the funding of funds tracing.

18 hours ago, reenatinnakor said:

Seems like the Op just wants to make thailand like a western country. Then why bother coming here? We don't want a nanny state... That's why most of us are here. For the freedom and laid back attitude to stuff like traffic and fines.

It's the opposite. We don't want a nanny state, we want a prosperous nation like the West, but minus the social cancers. This means that we would ban groups promoting fascism, racism, feminism. We would focus on promoting traditional family life - a bit like the Western world 50-60 years ago: families need to be "mother + father + kid", otherwise it won't be recognized, and there will be penalties for those who don't procreate. No Western country has such a system in place.

Meanwhile, people would be able to do business like now without being bothered by a pile of regulations. You just take your cart and go sell your stuff like most street vendors, no hassles. I wouldn't focus on traffic law enforcement, because:

1) Speed limits are currently set so low that you either break the law, or get rear-ended.

2) Highway speed limits are not required, just take Germany for example.

3) We need to solve traffic jam problems before bothering motorbikes who run on the footpaths. Attack the cause, not the consequence.

There would be no welfare system except for disabled people. You work & make money, or you're in the streets. There could be shelter houses, but they'd be private businesses funded with donations.

No foreign aid of any kind. We put Thailand first.

No Syrian refugees.

No face-covering in public, including Niqab, but applies to everyone regardless of sex / religion.

The education system could also get several improvements.

3 minutes ago, SiamBeast said:

There would still be money laundering. When money enters a business account, the trace is lost. If 100 people pay a business, how do you know which outgoing payment is yours? People would use business to obfuscate the origin of the funds. Along with Bitcoin and other wannabe currencies, there is no way to trace every payment. A smarter move would be realize that bank compliance departmenrs are money-suckers and a huge waste of time, starve the beast, and focus on giving better service and lower interest rates to bank customers with the money we save by stopping the funding of funds tracing.

It's the opposite. We don't want a nanny state, we want a prosperous nation like the West, but minus the social cancers. This means that we would ban groups promoting fascism, racism, feminism. We would focus on promoting traditional family life - a bit like the Western world 50-60 years ago: families need to be "mother + father + kid", otherwise it won't be recognized, and there will be penalties for those who don't procreate. No Western country has such a system in place.

Meanwhile, people would be able to do business like now without being bothered by a pile of regulations. You just take your cart and go sell your stuff like most street vendors, no hassles. I wouldn't focus on traffic law enforcement, because:

1) Speed limits are currently set so low that you either break the law, or get rear-ended.

2) Highway speed limits are not required, just take Germany for example.

3) We need to solve traffic jam problems before bothering motorbikes who run on the footpaths. Attack the cause, not the consequence.

There would be no welfare system except for disabled people. You work & make money, or you're in the streets. There could be shelter houses, but they'd be private businesses funded with donations.

No Syrian refugees.

No face-covering in public, including Niqab, but applies to everyone regardless of sex / religion.

The education system could also get several improvements.

You dont come from a german background by any chance do you. We live in the 21st century not the 20th. The concept of the perfect family has been dead for a long time. The place you are looki g/hoping for does not exist exept in peoples minds.. unfortunately racism does exsit although i wish it was as dead as the perfect family. I know it exsits as your three lines begining No twds the bottom of your post proves this.

Guess what, SiamB;

They are not interested.

Put a lot of thought into a topic, some years ago; wrote up the (Thailand wide) problem, and a solution - gave it to the (then) man -

Never heard from him.

Put a lot of thought into Pattayas traffic problems - wrote a report with solution - gave it to the (then) local 'man' - 4 times.

Ditto.

Chok dee.

Aphisit.jpeg

Edited by Stuart21

5 hours ago, SiamBeast said:

No Syrian refugees.

Neo-Fascism.

11 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

We live in the 21st century not the 20th. The concept of the perfect family has been dead for a long time. The place you are looki g/hoping for does not exist exept in peoples minds..

That's precisely the mindset that I'd try to eliminate, by shaming and putting a lot of legal restrictions in the way of "alternative" lifestyles, and promote the "nuclear family" as the sole and only acceptable form of cohabitation.