Durian.. Where to buy different types and not the one that all the Thais are eating..

Huayrat

Monthong, Ganyao and Chanee are all available in Pattaya. But seems the preferance is for Monthong as it has smaller seeds and more "meat" than the other two. Myself I like Ganyao. Or if visiting Singapore there are a few designer hybrid Durian types to choose from like XO Durian or D24 Durian

Edited by Pdaz
Typo

2 minutes ago, Johnnyngai said:

I eat so much durian that my fart smells like durian.  I am not kidding.  

Thanks for sharing, would you mind wearing a tracking device so we can put you in a 200 metre exclusion zone.

ahh, durian- smells like hell, tastes like heaven!!!

my landlord's daughter was walking near the small shop between our homes

w/spoon, i could smell and see durian residue on the spoom-

i mock "sniffed" w/my nose and asked in Thai "you have durian?"

(her and the mom KNOW i love it) she smiled, said "all gone" and laughed;

i said "next time, make sure you tell dok mai" (my Thai name)

:partytime2:

aww the heck w/it, guess i'll just have to drive to today's  fresh market & buy one

it's durian season and so  far, i only ate a small bit in Krabi on my way back from Betong 3 wks ago

12 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

aww the heck w/it, guess i'll just have to drive to today's  fresh market & buy one

TV seems to be becoming more and more like Facebook where posters feel the need to share with complete strangers what they are eating and what domestic activities they're up to.

facebook-is-not-your-diary.jpg.d8bd06bca0a4fac21902250b7d454f87.jpg

Legend has it that Francis Lite stepped off his ship when he discovered Penang and said OMG what is that terrible smell, a local ran up to him and told him that is durian young master, here try a piece!!

He returned to the dock a few hours later still holding his nose and said to the dock man as he waved his hand over a pile of durian "How much for all the lot" :biggrin:

In Thepprasit Road, within 100m of the new Kaan show, there are at least three large stalls selling what looks like durian. They appear to have different types and are very busy. I noticed them from my car when passing so I am not sure about the details.