Rolf Harris to be freed from Stafford Prison on Friday

Jonathan Fairfield

Rolf Harris to be freed from Stafford Prison on Friday

Rolf Harris will be released from prison on Friday and is due to appear in person at his indecent assault trial next week, a jury has been told.

Mr Harris, from Bray, Berkshire, is being tried at Southwark Crown Court on four counts of indecent assault against three teenagers between 1971 and 1983.

The judge said he will be granted bail following his release from prison.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39960138

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-05-18

It seems RH may have already served 1/2 his sentence so it would be normal for him to be released on licence, as he has not been convicted of the further offences and if it is considered there is little risk of him absconding then I feel it only right he should have bail.

Further more these charges relate to a time before he was charged for the offences to which he has just done time, I doubt had he been charged with these offence at the same time of the other offences the sentence would have been much more so I doubt he will be doing that much more time if found guilty.

12 hours ago, roo860 said:

Try Australian Paints.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The ad that Harris made said "Trust British paints. Sure can"

It is an ad that makes me wince whenever I see a can of said paint.

So they release a sex offender for very little time inside.

Then again, they released the offender who killed the bobby outside the Iranian Embassy after she was shot in the back.

Britain can never claim to be the home of justice anymore 

15 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

Then again, they released the offender who killed the bobby outside the Iranian Embassy after she was shot in the back.

the offender who killed the bobby outside the Iranian Embassy after she was shot in the back had diplomatic immunity. also there was some mysterious MI5 involvement in a nearby building.

also the angle of the shot was all wrong.

also there was the mystery empty cartridge case found in a fold in the curtain in the embassy after the Libyans had vacated the premises. we will never know the truth. the British police are good but MI5 are above the law.

Edited by jobsworth

27 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

As a sex offender to underage children, I hope that one of the children's male relative finds him and cuts his balls off..

1 hour ago, sanukjim said:

As a sex offender to underage children, I hope that one of the children's male relative finds him and cuts his balls off..

Wow! That's really some admission. I bet your glad this is an anonymous forum.You must really understand the seriousness of your offences to want to "cut" another sex offenders,"balls Off" I take my hat off to you, for being so brave. Btw, what does chemical castration feel like?

12 hours ago, sanukjim said:

Wow! That's really some admission. I bet your glad this is an anonymous forum.You must really understand the seriousness of your offences to want to "cut" another sex offenders,"balls Off" I take my hat off to you, for being so brave. Btw, what does chemical castration feel like?

•  
  •  
  • Perhaps Sanukjim would appreciate the opportunity to re-phrase his comment to avoid any misunderstanding?

20 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

21 hours ago, sanukjim said:

I am not often one for being a member of the grammar police but that was funny. I had to read the start of sanukjim's post 3 times until my initial shock was over and I could understand the context of the words.

When Harris sang "Tie me kangaroo down sport" and "I'm Jake the peg, with me extra leg" he wasn't singing about kangaroos and peg legs.

Dirty old tosser. As for "Two little boys with two little toys", who now knows what his perverted mind was thinking.

This convicted paedophile needs to be back in prison. That is the only true justice the British law should be dealing him.

Not released on remand.

He could sell the portrait of the Queen he painted for her. I doubt that she wants it anymore.

Rolf Harris committed loathsome offences. The fact remains that he was convicted and sentenced. He is now due for release on licence, having served the required proportion of his sentence.
He will re enter society as a shunned and despised figure, which for one who obviously enjoyed fame and the limelight as much as he did is probably a worse punishment than being in prison.
I'm not sure there is much point in sending this sad pathetic creature back to prison.

2 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

I am not often one for being a member of the grammar police but that was funny. I had to read the start of sanukjim's post 3 times until my initial shock was over and I could understand the context of the words.

Yeah, i know, it was a joke, his misplaced comma, completely changed the meaning of his post. I never comment on punctuation, or grammar, or spelling mistakes. God knows, Ive made enough, but, it had to be done.

my apologies to sanukjim, but you really walked into that one mate.