Can I bring French sausages to Thailand ?

Hello, I would like to bring fews french sausages made by pork only to Bangkok.

What is the risk in case it's really not allowed ? I will get just confiscation or got it confisced ?

I try to getting some clairly information but I can't, on the IATA I can read this :  but not sure if it's actual law.. it had some flu etc. .so don't know now..

Prohibited

3. Meat from any country affected by Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) or mad cow and foot-and-mouth diseases, including all EU Member States 

Seal them properly and put them in checked baggage.

Chance to be stopped is 0.0? percent.

Never heard a personal report from anyone and here in the forum.

Many years ago when mad cow disease was peaking there were warnings published not to bring in any meat stuff. But since then never again.

Some Thai residents coming back from a home country visit have not much else in the suitcase than sausages, cheese, mustard, horseradish etc. pp. :biggrin:

When I go home my Ex. cooks a few "fry ups" for me as she knows I can't get the dame here. I could really eat the stuff till it came out my ears if I wanted to ....so....for the life of me I can't imagine wanting to bring back with me enough bangers and rashers for a couple of extra "fry ups" in Thailand?

PS. Watching these customs programs I'm constantly amazed at all the food the Chinese try to smuggle in to every country they visit?

Edited by dotpoom

4 hours ago, Upnotover said:

On my return 3 weeks ago I brought in a whole leg of spring lamb, together with Jersey Royal potatoes and runner beans it was a real treat.

Got any left?

I bring back boxes of sweet n low along with 20 bars of Trader Joes 1/2 kilo chocolate with pecans bars @ $5 each.. One no calories the other lots of calories. Yum!

Edited by tomwct

Five years ago I had one small case full up with grub. Cheese, tea bags, pork pies, cake and Marmite. I was searched at swampy and they confiscated the Marmite. The rest they let through!! Much to my relief. I thought I was going to lose the lot.

4 hours ago, tomwct said:

I bring back boxes of sweet n low along with 20 bars of Trader Joes 1/2 kilo chocolate with pecans bars @ $5 each.. One no calories the other lots of calories. Yum!

When I inquired "why the Marmite?". I was told that it could be used to make drugs. I don't if things have changed under Ch-o-Ch . I wouldn't risk it now.

Edited by owl sees all
spelling error

I've been thinking about my own experience at swampy. And your post made me think deeper.

6 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

I've brought back pepperoni and salami from Australia multiple times (yes you can get it in Thailand but it's 3x the cost) never once been pulled up even the once I was scanned. 

The confiscation of the Marmite could have been because it was sealed in a glass jar. Everything else was 'soft' just like lordblackader's salami and pepperoni.

I've been thinking about my own experience at swampy. And your post made me think deeper.
The confiscation of the Marmite could have been because it was sealed in a glass jar. Everything else was 'soft' just like lordblackader's salami and pepperoni.

Probably the glass thing , cos you can buy Marmite in Thailand

7 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

7 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes Andrew you can.

I am thinking now that it was easier to confiscate it than ask me to open it and then take it away to analyse it it didn't look or smell right. I don't know if Marmite can be turned into anything else though.

Yes Andrew you can.
I am thinking now that it was easier to confiscate it than ask me to open it and then take it away to analyse it it didn't look or smell right. I don't know if Marmite can be turned into anything else though.

Don't know, I'm a Bovril man myself ! [emoji51]

When I lived near Udon Thani I bought all the goodies; cheese; hams; sausages from a place called Chern Chim. Very expensive; especially the cheese. I would indulge every morning with Marmite spread on cheese in a bun; and a cuppa! 

9 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Don't know, I'm a Bovril man myself !

Then a pal from OZ brought me some Veggiemite. It was even better!!

Now if I hear of anyone from OZ visiting I try to get some brought over. 

Well I hope they're in a good mood next week. I'm coming back from Oz with 2kgs of Vegemite, some Peck's paste plus plus plus. Hopefully the Elite Visa will see me through with lots of grace.

Remember the old days when we used to do a " beer run " over to Calais before Xmas to stock up on cheap beer and wine !!
Seems to have turned full circle, I'll be doing a " beer run" to the uk next month, only instead of beer and wine it'll be Bovril and teabags !!

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Remember the old days when we used to do a " beer run " over to Calais before Xmas to stock up on cheap beer and wine !!
Seems to have turned full circle, I'll be doing a " beer run" to the uk next month, only instead of beer and wine it'll be Bovril and teabags !!

Thanks for reminding me about the teabags. Twinings on special here: 100 teabags for 160baht.

When I go home my Ex. cooks a few "fry ups" for me as she knows I can't get the dame here. I could really eat the stuff till it came out my ears if I wanted to ....so....for the life of me I can't imagine wanting to bring back with me enough bangers and rashers for a couple of extra "fry ups" in Thailand?
PS. Watching these customs programs I'm constantly amazed at all the food the Chinese try to smuggle in to every country they visit?

I'm thinking Mama noodles in most Thai's suitcases when travelling overseas

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk