Need help with installing TV service provider

wicketkeeper

Since the demise of Thai Expat TV I am trying to find and install an alternative English language TV service provider. I would rather not return to True Visions. Is there anybody in Chiang Mai who can help with advice on the selection, and oversee the download and installation, of a new TV service provider in my home in Nong Hoi? Or who can recommend a professional IT guru who can do this? I am more than a little out of date with the technology and jargon.

Do you have an Android box,if so go to  www.tvaddons.ag and download,

their app,it's like KODI but already has several apps already added ,so it's

a lot easier for beginners, that will get you started.

you may need to go into system ,settings and change to allow apps from 

unknown source,then you can install Mobdro,has lots English channels,

just try and do yourself its easy,even i could do it.

regards worgeordie

If anybody can help I would appreciate it, I have just installed Mobdro, which is great, two questions:

1) Is there catchup on Mobdro TV

2) I do not know what the icons say, everything is in Thai can you change?

2 hours ago, peleid said:

If anybody can help I would appreciate it, I have just installed Mobdro, which is great, two questions:

1) Is there catchup on Mobdro TV

2) I do not know what the icons say, everything is in Thai can you change?

No there's no catch up, dont understand why icons are in Thai,might be where you downloaded

from,was it the official Web site ?

regards Worgeordie

I have tried but tvaddons.ag did not work for me, and expattelevision.com is just too complicated, involving dowloading Explorer which just seemed to complicate things. I am looking for the nearest equivalent to ExpatTV, UK channels with catch up if possible. I would like to hire someone to do this for me, who knows how to do it and has experience. Either a local professional or an amateur. Any takers? I'm in Chiang Mai.

1 hour ago, wicketkeeper said:

I have tried but tvaddons.ag did not work for me, and expattelevision.com is just too complicated, involving dowloading Explorer which just seemed to complicate things. I am looking for the nearest equivalent to ExpatTV, UK channels with catch up if possible. I would like to hire someone to do this for me, who knows how to do it and has experience. Either a local professional or an amateur. Any takers? I'm in Chiang Mai.

Put your query on the local Facebook groups and you'll get someone to sort you out.

19 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's working perfectly for me right now. Maybe it's your internet connection?

Internet is ok.Could be as I am going through a Minix Box which they said was ok to use.When I re boot the box I get back on but long term that could drive me up the wall.

The other issue ,using the Minix box ,is I only have a wif fi mouse not their remote and the volume is barely audible.Cant see how you can adjust sound level on the Minix set.

Re payment they have Kasikorn account you can pay into ,credit/debit card system will be im place shortly I was advised 

9 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

You need to go into settings and increase it from there.

Maybe use your Android phone as a remote?

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/remote-controller-app-for-android-phones.12639/

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

Well my wife does have an android phone,will give it a go.I am afraid some of us are dinasours and nothing is easy.I tried setting couldnt find anything. Oh Expat/365 we miss you.Why has no one copied their format ,so user friendly.

Well my wife does have an android phone,will give it a go.I am afraid some of us are dinasours and nothing is easy.I tried setting couldnt find anything. Oh Expat/365 we miss you.Why has no one copied their format ,so user friendly.

Agreed, but I have my torrent client set up to automatically download everything I like to watch and I no longer have to put up with adverts or channel hoping!

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer