Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

(Continued)
Try harder then the economies around us. Don't defer to China and Russia. We will see at the end of his term how he has done. For now all these comments are just so much worthless baloney.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of harping about President Trump why not mention the real issues of the United States which he is trying to address. A federal and state tax code that requires a tax accountant to help me file my taxes. Health insurance with an Health Maintenance Organization that has a $6,000 deductible for me and the same amount for my wife in addition to the $1,243 monthly premium. Oh by the way neither my wife or I smoke or drink and we have no pre-existing health condition.

Sounds like another recruit for nationalized health care!

Finally, it is about time we have a president who is not afraid to challenge the status quo. Whether you like him or hate him he can't please everyone. His job is to try and turn our economy into overdrive. Economics is like war and George S. Patton said "the object of war is not to die for your county, rather make the other poor son of a bitch die for his country". So President Trumps job is to lead the troops (us) into a battle to become less selfish, more willing to use less natural resources, behave smarter

He's a moron that can't pass a major bill to save his life. You've been conned.

One thing he's really good at. Profiting personally from the presidency and dividing the nation more severely than since the Civil War.

Funny you should mention that.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-mental-health-psychiatrists-clear-present-danger-world-us-president-dr-bandy-lee-yale-a7911621.html

"A group of psychiatrists has written to Congress to warn Donald Trump poses a "clear and present danger" to the world. 

Among them is Dr Bandy Lee, of Yale University, who is also reportedly consulting with Democratic members of Congress on setting up an expert panel to give advice on the President's mental health."

This is unprecedented as health professionals have never done this.

Not since Goldwater anyway...

43 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Well with Donny John in charge now I am sure he will find a way to fix these things along with all those Holmes's roaming the street (damn those Sherlocks!).

Once Donny John is done with issuing all those pardons and holding ego stroking rallies, he is certain to get to all the above mentioned issues.

And if they can get him off the golf course. :laugh:

At any rate, he's got bigger fish to fry, because the wheels of justice are turning. :thumbsup:

And he may be out sooner that you think hank123.

1 hour ago, hank123 said:

Instead of harping about President Trump why not mention the real issues of the United States which he is trying to address. A federal and state tax code that requires a tax accountant to help me file my taxes. Health insurance with an Health Maintenance Organization that has a $6,000 deductible for me and the same amount for my wife in addition to the $1,243 monthly premium. Oh by the way neither my wife or I smoke or drink and we have no pre-existing health condition.

56 minutes ago, hank123 said:

(Continued)
Or the ridiculous cost of college. Stanford and Berkeley run $40,000 year including room and board. Or the uncounted Holmes's that roam our streets and intersections. Tents erected everywhere they do not belong and no one is willing to address them.

You sound like a Trump supporter.  I almost pity you, because the coming months will see him and his cohorts sinking further and further into the quicksand of & subpoenas/indictments.  Sure there are problems in the US - with a plethora of issues.  Trump is uniquely unqualified to deal with them.  I'd rather have Jim the Janitor or Molly the dog-walker deal with them.  Trump has the unique ability to make bad things worse. 

43 minutes ago, hank123 said:

Try harder then the economies around us. Don't defer to China and Russia. We will see at the end of his term how he has done. For now all these comments are just so much worthless baloney.

"we will see at the end of his term how he has done."

That's like; if you had a severely lice-infected tramp staying at your house, lounging around on your bed and furniture - and you told your wife and kids: 'Let's not be too quick to judge.  Let him stay for a few months, then we'll see whether there are any lice in our house.'

I have been expecting Trump to fire Mueller and thereby provoke a constitutional crisis, but now it looks like he may just pardon Flynn, Manafort, and all the rest of the scum he has collected.  That would also be an abuse of power for which he could certainly be impeached, but would the Republicans impeach him even then?

2 hours ago, CaptHaddock said:

I have been expecting Trump to fire Mueller and thereby provoke a constitutional crisis, but now it looks like he may just pardon Flynn, Manafort, and all the rest of the scum he has collected.  That would also be an abuse of power for which he could certainly be impeached, but would the Republicans impeach him even then?

Yeah, Donny John can just pardon anyone that either gets convictions or even is found in contempt. People can now refuse to show up or to even give any testimony. Donny John can just pardon all their actions point blank. With the pardon power Donny John can effectively shut down Mueller's investigation without even firing him as any outcome will just result in a pardon. Even Senate and House investigations can be glossed over with pardons as well. There is no longer any teeth in any investigation. Everyone involved can go free and a Republican controlled house and senate will just let it all happen.

2 hours ago, CaptHaddock said:

I'm surprised Sessions hasn't been fired.   Maybe Trump is waiting for another national disaster, like the East TX flood, to fire Sessions at 2 am on a Saturday morning (garnering the least amount of news coverage). 

Also, not only can Trump pardon as many people as he wants, ...he can PRE-PARDON people, which he will likely do with Kushner and Ivanka.  He'd like to pre-pardon Flynn and Manafort and Pence, ....and he may yet do that.  He will definitely pardon Flynn, Pence and Don Jr, when their feet get close to the fire. 

A few of the dirty law-breakers he will let sway in the wind:  Stone (was intrinsically involved with Gucifer2/Russkies), lawyer Cohen (who lied about going to Poland to meet with Russkie agents during the campaign), Felix Sater (Russian Mafia), .....

Trump and his lawyers are almost comical:  every time they hear of Mueller's team getting close to something meaty (Trump's laundering oligarch money, for example), Trump and lawyers start yelping like stuck pigs.  It's like they're holding up giant neon signs saying "that's where the most damaging info is!  Don't open that drawer!"  :partytime2:

"By proxy, the power granted to Congress to hold in contempt anyone who refuses to testify

also exists outside the pardoning power."

"This means, that if the executive branch orders any of its administration not to testify before the legislative branch,

Congress may hold that person in contempt, without the possibility of that witness being granted a pardon."

"In this manner, witnesses are more likely to cooperate with Congress, especially in cases where the executive branch is being investigated."

http://people.howstuffworks.com/presidential-pardon5.htm

267 U.S. 87 Ex Parte Grossman (No. 24, Original) Argued: December 1, 1924 Decided: March 2, 1925

"The history of the pardon clause in the Constitutional Convention, cited to show that the words "offences against the United States" therein were intended, presumably, to distinguish between offences against the General Government and offences against the States, and not to narrow the scope of a pardon as known in the common law. P. 112."

"Construction of "offences against the United States" in the pardon clause as including criminal contempts accords with the ordinary meaning of the words, and is not inconsistent with other parts of the Constitution where the term "offence" and the narrower terms "crimes" and "criminal prosecutions" appear. Art. I, 8; Amendments V and VI. P. 115."

MR. CHIEF JUSTICE TAFT delivered the opinion of the Court:

"Finally, it is urged that criminal contempts should not be held within the pardoning power because it will tend to destroy the independence of the judiciary and violate the primary constitutional principle of a separation of the legislative, executive and judicial powers  P. 119."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/267/87

Pardons also do not affect civil, state or local cases.

Such as in the New York investigations.

1 hour ago, Silurian said:

Yeah, Donny John can just pardon anyone that either gets convictions or even is found in contempt. People can now refuse to show up or to even give any testimony. Donny John can just pardon all their actions point blank. With the pardon power Donny John can effectively shut down Mueller's investigation without even firing him as any outcome will just result in a pardon. Even Senate and House investigations can be glossed over with pardons as well. There is no longer any teeth in any investigation. Everyone involved can go free and a Republican controlled house and senate will just let it all happen.

Well, a presidential pardon does not have any effect on state investigations or convictions in a state court.  The NY Atty General, for example. can investigate and bring charges for crimes that occurred in Manhattan, where many of Trump's crimes did take place. 

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

Trump and his lawyers are almost comical:  every time they hear of Mueller's team getting close to something meaty (Trump's laundering oligarch money, for example), Trump and lawyers start yelping like stuck pigs.  It's like they're holding up giant neon signs saying "that's where the most damaging info is!  Don't open that drawer!"  :partytime2:

The brazenness is pretty remarkable.  Can you imagine an innocent man warning Mueller that investigating his financial activity is out-of-bounds?   It's actually shocking that Trump wasn't hounded out of office for that statement alone.

6 minutes ago, CaptHaddock said:

The brazenness is pretty remarkable.  Can you imagine an innocent man warning Mueller that investigating his financial activity is out-of-bounds?   It's actually shocking that Trump wasn't hounded out of office for that statement alone.

At this point in Obama's term, he was being relentlessly hounded by Fox, Glen Beck and right wing radio for having the temerity to order fancy Dijon mustard, that la-di-da black criminal.

Trump’s business sought deal on a Trump Tower in Moscow while he ran for president

"While Donald Trump was running for president in late 2015 and early 2016, his company was pursuing a plan to develop a massive Trump Tower in Moscow, according to several people familiar with the proposal and new records reviewed by Trump Organization lawyers."

"The developer, Felix Sater, predicted in a November 2015 email that he and Trump Organization leaders would soon be celebrating — both one of the biggest residential projects in real estate history and Donald Trump’s election as president, according to two of the people with knowledge of the exchange."

"Nevertheless, the details of the deal, which have not previously been disclosed, provide evidence that Trump’s business was actively pursuing significant commercial interests in Russia at the same time he was campaigning to be president — and in a position to determine U.S.-Russia relations."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-business-sought-deal-on-a-trump-tower-in-moscow-while-he-ran-for-president/2017/08/27/d6e95114-8b65-11e7-91d5-ab4e4bb76a3a_story.html?utm_term=.9c87568703ab

The deal was proposed by Felix Sater, managing director of Bayrock, New York City, NYC.

Not quite true.

Vladimir Putin decorated Aras Agalarov with the Order of Order

"The award ceremony of Russia’s outstanding citizens, including Aras Agalarov, President of Crocus Group, was held in Kremlin."
http://crocusgroup.com/press-center/news/752/

Real estate developer Aras Agalarov financed your Miss Universe pageant to the tune of $20 Million.

And you were working on more.

Not to mention the Russian "investments" in NY and Florida.

Felix Sater and the occupier of the White House:

C5O4gVsWIAA_oG6.jpg

39 minutes ago, iReason said:

Congress may hold that person in contempt

Therein lies the crux of the matter. Will a Republican controlled congress hold anyone involved in the investigation in contempt? They let a lot of testimony slide so far. I doubt they will get any tougher in the future.

Donny John also tends to do things without worrying if it follows the Rule of Law. I am sure his staff of lawyers have already looked into multiple ways of getting his people pardons even if it means moving cases from a state level to a federal one.

The one thing that might hurt is the civil cases. But really those need to show damage inflicted and have a cost dollar amount. There will probably be a flurry of these types of cases, but how many will actually make it to the end?

Edited by Silurian

26 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

At this point in Obama's term, he was being relentlessly hounded by Fox, Glen Beck and right wing radio for having the temerity to order fancy Dijon mustard, that la-di-da black criminal.

What I like to point out as possibly the only positive aspect of Trump's elevation is that the image he presents is an accurate picture of America.  Not all Americans, of course, but enough to sustain Fox News and Breitbart and to elect people like Arpaio and now Trump. 

Felix Sater's Bayrock:

WHY ROBERT MUELLER HAS TRUMP SOHO IN HIS SIGHTS

"Bayrock has been enmeshed in legal imbroglios since 2010, when its former finance director, Jody Kriss, and another Bayrock employee, Michael Ejekam, sued the company and its principals for $1 billion."

"His complaint alleged that Bayrock was “covertly mob-owned and operated,” “backed by oligarchs and money they stole from the Russian people,” and “engaged in the businesses of financial-institution fraud, tax fraud, partnership fraud, human trafficking, child prostitution, statutory rape, and, on occasion, real estate.”

"The suit claimed that Bayrock had defrauded Kriss and Ejekam and “never intended to honor” promised payments, instead the real purpose of the company, [it said]; in addition to marketing expensive condos bearing the Trump brand, was “to launder many millions of dollars and evade taxes.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/08/why-robert-mueller-has-trump-soho-in-his-sights

State crimes.

14 minutes ago, iReason said:

Felix Sater's Bayrock:

WHY ROBERT MUELLER HAS TRUMP SOHO IN HIS SIGHTS

"Bayrock has been enmeshed in legal imbroglios since 2010, when its former finance director, Jody Kriss, and another Bayrock employee, Michael Ejekam, sued the company and its principals for $1 billion."

"His complaint alleged that Bayrock was “covertly mob-owned and operated,” “backed by oligarchs and money they stole from the Russian people,” and “engaged in the businesses of financial-institution fraud, tax fraud, partnership fraud, human trafficking, child prostitution, statutory rape, and, on occasion, real estate.”

"The suit claimed that Bayrock had defrauded Kriss and Ejekam and “never intended to honor” promised payments, instead the real purpose of the company, [it said]; in addition to marketing expensive condos bearing the Trump brand, was “to launder many millions of dollars and evade taxes.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/08/why-robert-mueller-has-trump-soho-in-his-sights

State crimes.

I certainly hope an investigation by the NY AG results, but it makes me a little uneasy to ask why isn't Schneiderman investigating it right now?

Edited by CaptHaddock

1 hour ago, iReason said:

Trump’s business sought deal on a Trump Tower in Moscow while he ran for president

"While Donald Trump was running for president in late 2015 and early 2016, his company was pursuing a plan to develop a massive Trump Tower in Moscow, according to several people familiar with the proposal and new records reviewed by Trump Organization lawyers."

"The developer, Felix Sater, predicted in a November 2015 email that he and Trump Organization leaders would soon be celebrating — both one of the biggest residential projects in real estate history and Donald Trump’s election as president, according to two of the people with knowledge of the exchange."

"Nevertheless, the details of the deal, which have not previously been disclosed, provide evidence that Trump’s business was actively pursuing significant commercial interests in Russia at the same time he was campaigning to be president — and in a position to determine U.S.-Russia relations."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-business-sought-deal-on-a-trump-tower-in-moscow-while-he-ran-for-president/2017/08/27/d6e95114-8b65-11e7-91d5-ab4e4bb76a3a_story.html?utm_term=.9c87568703ab

The deal was proposed by Felix Sater, managing director of Bayrock, New York City, NYC.

Not quite true.

Vladimir Putin decorated Aras Agalarov with the Order of Order

"The award ceremony of Russia’s outstanding citizens, including Aras Agalarov, President of Crocus Group, was held in Kremlin."
http://crocusgroup.com/press-center/news/752/

Real estate developer Aras Agalarov financed your Miss Universe pageant to the tune of $20 Million.

And you were working on more.

Not to mention the Russian "investments" in NY and Florida.

Felix Sater and the occupier of the White House:

C5O4gVsWIAA_oG6.jpg

I remember recently reading that Trump has claimed he would not be able to recognise Slater as he had only spoken with him by 'phone. Now....

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/08/felix-sater-donald-trump-russia-investigation.html

9 minutes ago, CaptHaddock said:

I certainly hope an investigation by the NY AG results, but it makes me a little uneasy to ask why isn't Schneiderman investigatin right now?

He has plenty going.

The Investigations Trump Can’t Stop: Presidential pardons offer no protection from state prosecutions 

"The office has several open investigations connected to Trump,

Schneiderman spokeswoman Amy Spitalnick confirmed this week."

"Those include probes into the Donald J. Trump Foundation, the Eric Trump Foundation

and Trump’s personal lawyer, Jay Sekulow."

"The office is also looking into the activities of Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chairman."

https://www.rollcall.com/news/the-investigations-trump-cant-stop

And he has all Preet Bharara's files on the Bayrock investigation.

Donald Trump Just Tweeted About His Election Win, While People Are Flooded And Dying In Texas

Donald Trump targeted Missouri Sen. Claire McCaskill in a tweet Sunday, predicting a Republican candidate will take her Senate seat in 2018. The tweet also highlighted his election win in the state.

“I will also be going to a wonderful state, Missouri, that I won by a lot in ’16. Dem C.M. is opposed to big tax cuts. Republican will win S!” the president said.

https://www.dailydems.com/2017/08/donald-trump-tweeted-election-win-people-flooded-dying-texas/

He's an atrocious human being and even worse than that as president. 

Of course he's temperamentaly incapable of providing any healing to a nation in pain. It's not realistic to even expect that from such a sleazeball conman.

He's just good at the opposite -- bringing MORE pain and MORE division. 

Oxford University professor resigns in Donald Trump protest

"Bo Rothstein was professor of government and public policy at the Blavatnik School of Government, named after the Ukraine-born billionaire Leonard Blavatnik, who gave the university £75m to set up the school."

"Rothstein told the Guardian he had resigned on Monday after learning that Blavatnik had given a substantial donation to the Trump campaign, which he called “incomprehensible and irresponsible”.

"Blavatnik, who is an associate of the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, is reported to have donated $1m to Trump’s inauguration committee, as well as millions of dollars to his campaign."

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2017/aug/28/oxford-university-professor-bo-rothstein-resigns-donald-trump-protest

Crisis coming?

Could be.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/08/28/trump-is-dragging-us-towards-a-full-blown-crisis-heres-what-has-to-happen-now/

Trump is dragging us toward a full-blown crisis. Here’s what has to happen now.

“Congress could pretty clearly use this as a basis for impeachment,” Martin Redish, a professor of constitutional law at Northwestern University, added in an email to me. “This isn’t just another controversial move by a controversial president. This is the first salvo in a war for the survival of American constitutionalism.”

Interesting article on Stuff here in NZ this morning raising the theory that the US could have an insurrection on its hand if trying to impeach. Mostly on the back of Roger Stone's  comments and the white supremacist underbelly that is raising itself yet again in US politics.

Best solution might be to let him keep on self destructing and losing Republican and White House backing, and the support of the greater public and let the ballot box take its course. Likewise the only way that the public who swung voted to him are going to learn is through the full term of what they voted for.

If you've watched videos of Trump speaking at rallies, during the past year, you've certainly seen the man who holds the sign, "BLACKS FOR TRUMP"  yes, the sign is all capitalized.  

The guy, who Trump handlers always position directly behind Trump, is a nutcase Bible-Thumper 'kill all Arabs and their families' type of guy - exactly the type of nutcase that Trump loves.  With friends like that, who needs enemies?.......

Edited by boomerangutang