Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, rhodie said:

I think he may be impeached if he is convicted in a court of law, but somehow, politicians of all persuasions seem to get out of these predicaments. :saai: But no conviction. Why do you guys keep asking speculative questions for me to answer but nobody will show me where he has been convicted in a court of law. Until then he is the president with a mandate. :intheclub:

You need to bone up on the U.S. political system before making more obviously uninformed comments.

The way impeachment of a president works has nothing to do with a normal court of law.

It's a political process and also a potential legal process in the senate.

First an impeachment bill is brought up in the house of representatives. 

If that passes, then that goes to the senate.

Then the senate votes to convict or not convict the impeached president. If he's convicted, he must leave office. If not, he can stay.

President's under such scrutiny of course are free to RESIGN rather than go through the process. 

Again he has no mandate. Objectively so. No mandate. Any president elected by the electoral college and losing the popular vote has no mandate by DEFINITION. It doesn't matter what some some obviously very poorly informed Aussie says. That's the way it is. 

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanders to Trump: Companies Outsourcing Jobs Should Not Get Government Contracts

"WASHINGTON – Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) argued that President Trump has violated his campaign promise to be a champion for working people because the air conditioning company Carrier is moving jobs overseas."

"The senator complained that Carrier, a private company based in Indiana, is moving jobs overseas and paying workers $3 per hour in Mexico."

“He was going to stop the outsourcing of good-paying jobs to Mexico, China and other low-wage countries and he looked the workers at Carrier in Indiana in the eye and he promised that not one of their jobs would be moved to Mexico, not a single job; Unfortunately, as in many, many other instances, he was lying,” he added."

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2017/09/21/sanders-trump-companies-outsourcing-jobs-not-get-government-contracts/

Well Bernie, are you surprised the occupier of the White House is a lying hypocrite?

Heck, to this day, he, along with his daughter, are champions of outsourcing their own products to Mexico, China, Honduras, Vietnam and Bangladesh.

11 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

For decent people everywhere, opposing Trump’s destructive policies *IS* dealing with the reality.

There ya go! Name calling again just because someone has a different political view. I don't agree with all of his policies as, I accept, you probably don't agree with all of the policies of your preferred candidate. Most pollies are generally all over the place and because Trump is not a seasoned politician he does not choose his words as well as he could, and seems a lot more controversial, but really he is not. :smile:

The man clearly didn't have a clue about health care or how politics and government work:

"I thought that when I won I would go to the Oval Office, sit down at my desk, and there would be a healthcare bill on my desk — to be honest," Trump said. "It hasn't worked out that way, and I think a lot of Republicans are embarrassed by it." https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-assumed-won-sit-down-215116691.html

He still doesn't have a clue.  Anyone expecting him to accomplish anything is dreaming.  However he will, as always, take credit for what others have done.

3 minutes ago, rhodie said:

There ya go! Name calling again just because someone has a different political view. I don't agree with all of his policies as, I accept, you probably don't agree with all of the policies of your preferred candidate. Most pollies are generally all over the place and because Trump is not a seasoned politician he does not choose his words as well as he could, and seems a lot more controversial, but really he is not. :smile:

"Name calling"?  Do you think "decent people" is offensive?

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You need to bone up on the U.S. political system before making more obviously uninformed comments.

The way impeachment of a president works has nothing to do with a normal court of law.

It's a political process and also a potential legal process in the senate.

First an impeachment bill is brought up in the house of representatives. 

If that passes, then that goes to the senate.

Then the senate votes to convict or not convict the impeached president. If he's convicted, he must leave office. If not, he can stay.

President's under such scrutiny of course are free to RESIGN rather than go through the process. 

Again he has no mandate. Objectively so. No mandate. Any president elected by the electoral college and losing the popular vote has no mandate by DEFINITION. It doesn't matter what some some obviously very poorly informed Aussie says. That's the way it is. 

I did not say he has to be convicted. I said that he may be impeached if he is convicted. But it depends on the conviction. And yes, he has a mandate. He is in office! Stop looking for technicalities. :post-4641-1156694572:

1 minute ago, rhodie said:

I did not say he has to be convicted. I said that he may be impeached if he is convicted. But it depends on the conviction. And yes, he has a mandate. He is in office! Stop looking for technicalities. :post-4641-1156694572:

You still don't get it. Not going to waste any more of my time on responding to a member that stubbornly clings to ignorance. Like so many trumpists. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

You still don't get it. Not going to waste any more of my time on responding to a member that stubbornly clings to ignorance. Like so many trumpists. 

Just try again, s l o w l y.  I am really willing to learn. So far you have not said anything that contradicts any fact that I have stated. :smile:

Russians May Have Used Facebook to Push Pro-Trump Rallies During 2016 Election

"In an explosive new report, news site The Daily Beast says Facebook accounts believed to have been operated by Russian propagandists tried to rally Floridians for a "Florida Goes Trump!" effort; Trump supporters were asked to start a "patriotic state-wide flash mob" in the 17 cities"

“On August 20, we want to gather patriots on the streets of Floridian towns and cities and march to unite America and support Donald Trump!" an event page supporting the effort said, according to The Daily Beast."

"The account was ultimately taken down in August 2017, at the same time Facebook removed accounts believed to have been operated by Russia's Internet Research Agency."

http://fortune.com/2017/09/20/russians-facebook-trump-rallies/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/russians-appear-to-use-facebook-to-push-pro-trump-flash-mobs-in-florida?source=twitter&via=mobile

5 minutes ago, iReason said:

Russians May Have Used Facebook to Push Pro-Trump Rallies During 2016 Election

"In an explosive new report, news site The Daily Beast says Facebook accounts believed to have been operated by Russian propagandists tried to rally Floridians for a "Florida Goes Trump!" effort; Trump supporters were asked to start a "patriotic state-wide flash mob" in the 17 cities"

“On August 20, we want to gather patriots on the streets of Floridian towns and cities and march to unite America and support Donald Trump!" an event page supporting the effort said, according to The Daily Beast."

"The account was ultimately taken down in August 2017, at the same time Facebook removed accounts believed to have been operated by Russia's Internet Research Agency."

http://fortune.com/2017/09/20/russians-facebook-trump-rallies/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/russians-appear-to-use-facebook-to-push-pro-trump-flash-mobs-in-florida?source=twitter&via=mobile

How Russian Twitter Bots Pumped Out Fake News During The 2016 Election

When he testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee last week, former FBI agent Clint Watts described how Russians used armies of Twitter bots to spread fake news using accounts that seem to be Midwestern swing-voter Republicans.

"So that way whenever you're trying to socially engineer them and convince them that the information is true, it's much more simple because you see somebody and they look exactly like you, even down to the pictures," Watts told the panel, which is investigating Russia's role in interfering in the U.S. elections.

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2017/04/03/522503844/how-russian-twitter-bots-pumped-out-fake-news-during-the-2016-election

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Enough is enough.

trolling.jpg.644e0b3c2bf0a66d783aebd181d598d4.jpg

OK, I must be stupid as I am really not trolling. Just show me where I am factually wrong. Really I mean it. I believe impeachment is political. I don't think Trump will be impeached unless he is convicted of something really serious. :sorry:

Impeachable offenses. The Constitution defines impeachment at the federal level and limits impeachment to "The President, Vice President, and all civil officers of the United States" who may be impeached and removed only for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors".

Here it is. Just so we can stay on track.

22 minutes ago, rhodie said:

heybruce, try to keep up and read again. He clearly inferred that I am not decent. :post-4641-1156693976: :shock1: :smile:

The post you said relied upon name calling:

" For decent people everywhere, opposing Trump’s destructive policies *IS* dealing with the reality. "

If you take that as a personal insult, well....

25 minutes ago, rhodie said:

I don't think Trump will be impeached unless he is convicted of something really serious.

Duh.

:coffee1:

Stand by, the wheels of Justice are turning. :thumbsup:

But of course you would know that if you were actually following the thread rather than dropping in willy nilly with worn out, hollow platitudes:

rhodie

In your dreams. Still can't accept that Trump won. Get over it and let him work on his mandate. He will most likely finish 2 terms. Just occasionally check back to see if the huffing and puffing is still going on and I see it is in volumes.

rhodie

Why are you looking for every excuse in the book. He won. Plain and simple. Why can't you accept it? He WON! Deal with the reality dude!

"Deal with the reality"

That's rich.

Yawn...

sand-bury-your-head-in-the-sand.jpg

Edited by iReason

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

The post you said relied upon name calling:

" For decent people everywhere, opposing Trump’s destructive policies *IS* dealing with the reality. "

If you take that as a personal insult, well....

No, I do not take it personally at all. But it clearly infers what I quoted. That's all. 

25 minutes ago, Skywalker69 said:

In Trump´s case, with help from the russians!

22 minutes ago, rhodie said:

Hearsay! :post-4641-1156693976: He is in office. :smile:

Russian interference in the election has been established.  Evidence of collusion by Trump campaigners is being collected.  Collusion by Trump himself has yet to be established, but it could be that he was so out of touch with his own campaign he wasn't aware of what was going on.  That is hardly an endorsement of his competence.

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Russian interference in the election has been established.  Evidence of collusion by Trump campaigners is being collected.  Collusion by Trump himself has yet to be established, but it could be that he was so out of touch with his own campaign he wasn't aware of what was going on.  That is hardly an endorsement of his competence.

So we agree that he won't be impeached. Good to hear. :smile: 

We can start another thread on his competence. :post-4641-1156694572:

18 minutes ago, rhodie said:

Impeachable offenses. The Constitution defines impeachment at the federal level and limits impeachment to "The President, Vice President, and all civil officers of the United States" who may be impeached and removed only for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors".

Here it is. Just so we can stay on track.

Accepting material help from a foreign power in an election campaign would be a felony.  "Misdemeanors" is a vague term, many legal scholars think gross incompetence would qualify.  As to bribery, it's worth nothing that Trump seems freaked out by the possibility of Mueller looking into the finances of Trump and his businesses. 

Let's see how this investigation plays out.

Edited by heybruce

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

1 minute ago, rhodie said:

So we agree that he won't be impeached. Good to hear. :smile: 

We can start another thread on his competence. :post-4641-1156694572:

Incompetence can be used as grounds for removal from office.  I'm sure as the 2018 elections get nearer the Republicans will become increasingly concerned about their inability to get anything done even though they hold both houses of Congress and the Presidency.

6 minutes ago, iReason said:

Duh.

:coffee1:

Stand by, the wheels of Justice are turning. :thumbsup:

But of course you would know that if you were actually following the thread rather than dropping in willy nilly with worn out, hollow platitudes:

rhodie

In your dreams. Still can't accept that Trump won. Get over it and let him work on his mandate. He will most likely finish 2 terms. Just occasionally check back to see if the huffing and puffing is still going on and I see it is in volumes.

rhodie

Why are you looking for every excuse in the book. He won. Plain and simple. Why can't you accept it? He WON! Deal with the reality dude!

"Deal with the reality"

That's rich.

Yawn...

sand-bury-your-head-in-the-sand.jpg

Here we go again. Who is burying their head in the sand. ( Is that all you have? ) Show me where it says Trump lost. He won and he has not been impeached. :stoner:

14 minutes ago, rhodie said:

Here we go again. Who is burying their head in the sand. ( Is that all you have? ) 

Show me where it says Trump lost. He won and he has not been impeached.

Occasionally a poster such as yourself will drop in trolling and parroting virtually the same banality as you have,

as if they just arrived on earth.

It's Textbook.

And continuing with this pointless gibberish:

"So we agree that he won't be impeached. Good to hear."

If you don't grasp the seriousness of what is currently taking place, well, I submit you need alot of home work.

Although I have no illusions that you actually will, you can start here:

(Otherwise, carry on with your sophomoric trolling)

Reality is:

Investigating the White House and it's associates are:

The F.B.I.

The House and Senate Intelligence Committees

The Senate Judiciary and House Oversight and Government Reform Committees

The Department of Justice with Special Counsel Mueller

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman along with the I.R.S. financial crimes unit

The Central Intelligence Agency

The National Security Agency

The Treasury Department

And the Grand Juries in Virginia and D.C.

The F.B.I has raided the house of the occupier of the White House' campaign manager, Paul Manafort.

In the case of NSA Michael Flynn, the Central Intelligence Agency, the National Security Agency, and the Treasury Department, which also has a financial-crimes division are investigating him. 

Grand Juries in Virginia and D.C. have been convened. 

Federal prosecutors in eastern Virginia have already issued subpoenas to Flynn associates. 

Another FBI target is Carter Page, one-time Trump campaign adviser on foreign-policy issues.

And the fact that the occupier of the White House' son admitted that he, 

along with Senior Advisor to the White House Jared Kushner and said occupier's campaign manager,

Paul Manafort, held a clandestine meeting with agents from a foreign adversary, Russia.

(Along with four other undisclosed meetings with the Russians)

Reality.

1 hour ago, rhodie said:
1 hour ago, heybruce said:

"Name calling"?  Do you think "decent people" is offensive?

heybruce, try to keep up and read again. He clearly inferred that I am not decent. :post-4641-1156693976: :shock1: :smile:

I inferred nothing of the sort. You inferrered it, perhaps the decent  part of you briefly recognized the other part of you.