Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Kim1950 said:

Right on, the Democratic deep pockets guy was Weinstein, now you got another Dem taking head count on how many beautiful babes he screwed in his life. What's lacking in your views, so far, Trump has done not much, as you assume, no nuclear war, no indiscriminate rounding up of immigrants, no blatant discrimination of minorities,  no favoritism of Russia. Just a freak'en great economy, where else. People all over the world with smart money have cast their vote. And immigrants want to come here. If I can make it here, I can make it anywhere. Though I will stay here for the kids.

Sorry. From my above list, I left out: ignorance,

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are still supporting Trump.  Wow, we live in interesting times.

In some ways, it's kinda cool that Trump is hanging in there.  It's akin to the bad guy holed up in the rural house with armed cops all around.  The bad guy could just come out with his hands up, but instead wants to go down in a hail of lead and blood.  

Stay in there Trump.  Keep dragging down the dregs.  When authorities come for him with handcuffs, will Trump grab the drapes while he's being pulled out of the Oval Office.  Those are the sorts of questions which whirl in my feeble mind.   And Kushner, jeezo.  I'd like to see his mannequin-perfect face after being in prison for 10 years.  He won't look so pretty.   And Don Jr.  I can picture him protesting loudly every moment, from the time they cuff him in his house to the time, hours later, when he's locked in his cell with Big Jules The Mule.   

35 minutes ago, Kim1950 said:

Your ignorance is that you have no investment in the stock market. You. do not live in the US. Ignorant of the employment and business opportunities, just ask any Asian immigrants where they would like their children to be educated. There's an entire industry in anchor babes. Ain't buying, I ain't been in Thailand or Asia. I have done that.

live in the US, brain dead on the greater 

Hmm.  So  why  be  in  this  site?  Or  is  it  "done  that....got  burned  cause  am  not  quick  enough and ran away  " ?

53 minutes ago, Kim1950 said:

Right on, the Democratic deep pockets guy was Weinstein, now you got another Dem taking head count on how many beautiful babes he screwed in his life. What's lacking in your views, so far, Trump has done not much, as you assume, no nuclear war, no indiscriminate rounding up of immigrants, no blatant discrimination of minorities,  no favoritism of Russia. Just a freak'en great economy, where else. People all over the world with smart money have cast their vote. And immigrants want to come here. If I can make it here, I can make it anywhere. Though I will stay here for the kids.

Would a picture help you understand the "great economy"? 

image.png.2eb2fdeb86b0148b2553df1bce59b659.png

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp

The great economy is a continuation of the Obama recovery, the recovery Trump insisted was based on fake numbers.  Of course now that Trump is in office he insists the numbers are real.

44 minutes ago, Kim1950 said:

Your ignorance is that you have no investment in the stock market. You. do not live in the US. Ignorant of the employment and business opportunities, just ask any Asian immigrants where they would like their children to be educated. There's an entire industry in anchor babes. Ain't buying, I ain't been in Thailand or Asia. I have done that.

live in the US, brain dead on the greater 

Not the most coherent of posts, but it seems you have never been in Asia, which makes it peculiar that you are posting on ThaiVisa.  Do you just troll forums as a hobby?

2 hours ago, Kim1950 said:

So what. He wasn't elected on his balance sheet nor was his platform about his assets. You missed the the message. The US was weary of the Obama narrative. How's Merkel doing? 

So what! Trump is a liar and a bad businessman, what does this thread have to do with Merkel?

We knew Trump would get in trouble for obstruction of justice.  The obstruction shenanigans began before Mueller was appointed Special Counsel.  O of J is just one of several serious charges against the Dufus in Chief.  If Don Sr didn't want to bring down the Republican ship of state, he should have resigned 6 months ago.  

22 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I wouldn't call it a Civil War.

It's a top-down class war waged on Americans by the Republicans who do nothing but lie about their proposals whether it's tax reform, the economy or health care.  And this isn’t just ordinary class warfare; it’s class warfare aimed at perpetuating inequality into the next generation. It is their creed and it has been ongoing for a long time.

Edited by EvenSteven

4 hours ago, Kim1950 said:

How many times have I have need to state that facts in politics don't matter. You are getting tiring in your stuck and inability to progress with political reality. Trump's past history is an allusion. So far, the US economy is great, that's huge, for everyday folk, maybe not for others on slack time on TV. Go catch, what's happening with Merkel. She's got a immigrant problem. So Trump in your wildest dreams gets impeached, whose up Franken. The democrats have nobody in the ballpen. And nobody cares. The whole thing will move democrats to moderates. 

No it won't. It will move Democrats back to being Democrats, rather than being Republicans by another name.

https://www.salon.com/2017/11/18/big-donors-threaten-to-bolt-from-democrats-and-thats-a-good-thing/

Edited by lannarebirth

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

Would a picture help you understand the "great economy"? 

image.png.2eb2fdeb86b0148b2553df1bce59b659.png

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp

The great economy is a continuation of the Obama recovery, the recovery Trump insisted was based on fake numbers.  Of course now that Trump is in office he insists the numbers are real.

Stats should not be viewed without the proper context.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/government-debt

29 minutes ago, EvenSteven said:

It's a top-down class war waged on Americans by the Republicans who do nothing but lie about their proposals whether it's tax reform, the economy or health care.  And this isn’t just ordinary class warfare; it’s class warfare aimed at perpetuating inequality into the next generation. It is their creed and it has been ongoing for a long time.

The gospel according to Steve.

8 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Stats should not be viewed without the proper context.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/government-debt

I'm not sure what your point is, unless it's to point out that debt/deficit spending surged upwards since July this year.  That is one way to rev up the economy, but with decent gdp growth and low unemployment this is not the time to be doing deficit fueled revving.  That leads to inflation, but as a debt financed property man Trump may want inflation.

It's pretty standard when there is a Republican in the oval office; Republicans go from "Deficits will ruin the nation!" to "Deficits don't matter." as soon as one of their own is president. If I remember correctly the new tax plan (actually "plans", the House and Senate have different versions that need to be reconciled) is expected to add at least $1.5 trillion to the national debt.

5 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I'm not sure what your point is, unless it's to point out that debt/deficit spending surged upwards since July this year.  That is one way to rev up the economy, but with decent gdp growth and low unemployment this is not the time to be doing deficit fueled revving.  That leads to inflation, but as a debt financed property man Trump may want inflation.

It's pretty standard when there is a Republican in the oval office; Republicans go from "Deficits will ruin the nation!" to "Deficits don't matter." as soon as one of their own is president. If I remember correctly the new tax plan (actually "plans", the House and Senate have different versions that need to be reconciled) is expected to add at least $1.5 trillion to the national debt.

I guess I should have posted the image rather than the link. Click the 10 year button which I believe is the same span as your GDP chart.

united-states-government-debt.png

Edited by lannarebirth

24 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I guess I should have posted the image rather than the link. Click the 10 year button which I believe is the same span as your GDP chart.

united-states-government-debt.png

I could remind you about the economic free-fall and $1.3 trillion dollar deficit Obama inherited from Bush, but that would be off-topic. 

The US should work on reducing the deficit, and the time to do that is when the economy is growing and unemployment is low.  However that's not what Trump and the Republicans want to do; they want to buy popularity with deficit financed tax cuts and spending.  Once there is a Democrat in office we can expect them to return to being deficit hawks.

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

I could remind you about the economic free-fall and $1.3 trillion dollar deficit Obama inherited from Bush, but that would be off-topic. 

The US should work on reducing the deficit, and the time to do that is when the economy is growing and unemployment is low.  However that's not what Trump and the Republicans want to do; they want to buy popularity with deficit financed tax cuts and spending.  Once there is a Democrat in office we can expect them to return to being deficit hawks.

That sounds a lot like those anti gun control nuts who are always saying "it's too soon to talk about it' .

I would love, just once, to see somebody make a post about what is so great about their party/platform without mentioning what is so awful about the other's party platform. Where all the great ideas instead? When are you going to stop turning people against each other in a cynical parsing up the populous to get to 50.01% ? You may think that's a way to influence people but it's not.  People are sick of it. If it seems I single out Democrats it's because I expect better of you, but I'm not seeing it.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/07/politics/cnn-poll-republicans-democrats-taxes/index.html

Reading people on these boards reminds me of that Dylan lyric:

"Now he worships at an altar of a stagnant pool
And when he sees his reflection, he's fulfilled
Oh, man is opposed to fair play
He wants it all and he wants it his way"

56 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

That sounds a lot like those anti gun control nuts who are always saying "it's too soon to talk about it' .

I would love, just once, to see somebody make a post about what is so great about their party/platform without mentioning what is so awful about the other's party platform. Where all the great ideas instead? When are you going to stop turning people against each other in a cynical parsing up the populous to get to 50.01% ? You may think that's a way to influence people but it's not.  People are sick of it. If it seems I single out Democrats it's because I expect better of you, but I'm not seeing it.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/07/politics/cnn-poll-republicans-democrats-taxes/index.html

Reading people on these boards reminds me of that Dylan lyric:

"Now he worships at an altar of a stagnant pool
And when he sees his reflection, he's fulfilled
Oh, man is opposed to fair play
He wants it all and he wants it his way"

I agree the Democrats need a platform with specific policies defining what they are for, and they need to do it before the 2018 election.  Being anti-Trump isn't good enough, they need to be for something,

However the Democrats aren't in power now, and everything I see the Republicans attempt is bad for the country's future.  So of course I criticize the Republicans.  And history supports my criticism of the Republicans being total hypocrites when it comes to deficit spending.

10 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I agree the Democrats need a platform with specific policies defining what they are for, and they need to do it before the 2018 election.  Being anti-Trump isn't good enough, they need to be for something,

However the Democrats aren't in power now, and everything I see the Republicans attempt is bad for the country's future.  So of course I criticize the Republicans.  And history supports my criticism of the Republicans being total hypocrites when it comes to deficit spending.

It's not hard to find hypocrites. Sometimes it is as easy as looking in the mirror. I include myself of course.

Edited by lannarebirth

3 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

The gospel according to Steve.

3 hours ago, EvenSteven said:

What's religious about it?

Nothing.   You missed it.

I think he's suggesting you're like Jimmy Bakker, or probably any TV evangelist, repeating the same old message, hoping that somebody, anybody, will believe it, or that it may come true.

Edited by F4UCorsair

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

Proof or absence of proof is not a determinant.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/article-of-faith

Collins dictionary?  Suitable for high school perhaps.  Let's use a source that is a little more comprehensive and academically credible -  https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faith - and one that fits the context of your comment: "firm belief in something for which there is no proof".  Now will you stop evading the question and answer it?

Edited by EvenSteven

22 minutes ago, EvenSteven said:

Collins dictionary?  Suitable for high school perhaps.  Let's use a source that is a little more comprehensive and academically credible -  https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faith - and one that fits the context of your comment: "firm belief in something for which there is no proof".  Now will you stop evading the question and answer it?

I hope you're just being obtuse and that you know what a modifier is and that you're just arguing for argument's sake anyway.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/article-of-faith

Now an elitest snob isn't going to argue with the Cambridge dictionary too, are they?

Edited by lannarebirth

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:11 AM, Skywalker69 said:

Donald Trump has an inflated view of his assets. The president’s family business is worth about one-tenth of the value he has claimed, according to an analysis of the latest figures he has filed with the federal government.

12 hours ago, Thakkar said:

Yeah, Skywalker. Trump was elected on a hateful message of misogyny, racism, assholery, bluster and buffoonery. As long as he keeps all that up, he’s good with his base.

It turns out he was lying about that too.  He's actually 10 times the misogynist, racist, blustering buffoon he came across as back then.