Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Skywalker69 said:

Fox News Classified Satire by FCC

https://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/foxnewsfcc.asp

Ruh Roh, somebody didnt actually read that this was fake news. 

However, the article was just a political spoof of Fox News from the satirical web site Free Wood Post, whose disclaimer notes that:

Free Wood Post is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within FreeWoodPost.com are fiction, and presumably fake news.

Seems the ole liberals ITT are just as guilty of what they accuse everyone else of. 

That must suck :cheesy:

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has never been a US President impeached and fully forced from office. Andrew Johnson skimmed it by 1 vote in the Senate and Bill Clinton was acquitted also by the Senate...Nixon resigned before Congress could vote on impeachment. As there needs to be two-thirds of Senators in agreement for his removal, I highly doubt that the Republicans would hand the Democrats such a victory under the present political climate for any reason...no way Jose, just too much animosity on both sides which never really existed 25 years ago as they used to talk to each other then. OK, it's theoretically possible that the numbers game could change at the midterm house elections, but we'll see on that, however still highly unlikely to be enough...if they change at all. Secondly, Trump is simply not the type to resign even though the liberals and the lefty Hollyweird celebs plus their media henchmen are doing their damnedest to drag him down.

I'll laugh my backside off if he gets a second term...man, the tears, haha.

Edited by Sir Dude

16 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

I'll laugh my backside off if he gets a second term...man, the tears, haha.

That seems to be a huge thing with hard core trump supporters. Not so much as actually thinking he's a decent human being or fit to be president, but getting their jollies on the pain of decent Americans that want the clown to be removed ASAP. 

That's one reason I see not only trump as sick but the nation as a whole that managed to elect that human stain even with a minority vote. It shouldn't even have been close. America's enemies are rejoicing our voluntary decline.

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Sir Dude said:

No an American man, just an observation from a mostly neutral (on US politics) watcher from across the pond eating popcorn.

So don't have the best interests of the American people in mind just as trump doesn't either.

14 hours ago, riclag said:

Can you imagine being poked and prodded for almost 3 years by the media,dems and Gop and still keep on ticking. lol .Tweets, insults,dietary habits,collusion ,mental fitness and his mistakes and he's still the President.Wow, amazing!  

For years,  Trump & Friends criticized and mocked Obama with misleading comments,  can you imagine GOP plotting to obstruct Obama from day 1, and Obama was reelected President? Wow, amazing!

Edited by Opl

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So don't have the best interests of the American people in mind just as trump doesn't either.

One man's "best interests" are another man's "folly" and you should know that. Politics is all a point of view...hence why there is so much discourse and little compromise, people only shout at each other what they believe. I would imagine there is a fair section of the US electorate that would disagree with you. Imo, the US was in trouble whoever they elected from the choices...both candidates presented were inadequate choices really. Most societies now are bitterly polarized, nothing new there. 

However, we are straying and risking being deleted for being off topic.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

He'll probably die of exhaustion trying to read 'Fire and Fury', apparently there are lots of words in it.

Well, there just happens to be a version of the book just for the "genius" himself...

Donny John just might be able to get through it.

Clever artist turns Michael Wolff's 'Fire and Fury' into a hilarious pop-up book

http://mashable.com/2018/01/06/fire-and-fury-pop-up-book

42 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

One man's "best interests" are another man's "folly" and you should know that. Politics is all a point of view...hence why there is so much discourse and little compromise, people only shout at each other what they believe. I would imagine there is a fair section of the US electorate that would disagree with you. Imo, the US was in trouble whoever they elected from the choices...both candidates presented were inadequate choices really. Most societies now are bitterly polarized, nothing new there. 

However, we are straying and risking being deleted for being off topic.

I agree with your opinion regarding the choice of candidates but while Clinton was a mistake Trump was a laughable disaster.

Lesser of two evils is nothing new in American politics or the politics of most other countries. The fact that Clinton was a flawed candidate is irrelevant compared to the tragedy of electing the clown. There was only one  reasonable choice and trump wasn't it. 

Lesser of two evils is nothing new in American politics or the politics of most other countries. The fact that Clinton was a flawed candidate is irrelevant compared to the tragedy of electing the clown. There was only one  reasonable choice and trump wasn't it. 

Well, maybe. But as we all know,  that's the electoral college voting system for you and everyone knows the deal with it before anything even starts. The democrats, in a nutshell, failed to engage people properly outside of major metropolitan areas and connect with them. Interesting that most of the democrats support was in coastal free-wheeling plus left-leaning states and few within the interior.  that says much about US political demographics. The electoral college system is made that way for a very important reason...it forces politicians to engage the entire country so that NY, Florida, California etc. (the major swing states) do not decide the future on their own while the other 46 states look on powerless. The democrats failed on this point by thinking it was proportional representation. 

You would think that they have realised this lesson and will alter their strategy accordingly...or they may well will lose again. I'm not a huge fan of Trump but the democrats fluffed it big time and I don't even think Trump was aiming to win it at the start, just get a respectable showing that would help out business wise...PR style. Guess they were as shocked as everyone else they won and then his business ego took over. 

2 minutes ago, HHPedlar said:

Being a Brit and watching this sh#t from afar I cannot help but feel sorry for true American patriots going through this. It is so shameful on the world stage to watch the Democrats do everything in their power to try to destroy Trump and the Republican party but at what cost?

Not destroying trump means giving up our American democracy. Enjoy your national health. I reckon you're much less informed than you imagine. 

5 minutes ago, Skywalker69 said:

:cheesy:

Trump Says U.S. ‘Not Going To Look Foolish As Long As I’m Here’

Prseident Donald Trump took a break from a Camp David strategy session with top Republicans on Saturday to make some unscheduled comments to reporters.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-camp-david_us_5a510a75e4b003133ec83372

Very hilarious because global surveys have shown a massive degradation in international respect for the USA in almost every nation since the clown was shamefully elected. Typical trump game though to blame others for what he's responsible for. 

1 hour ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Funny, sure seems to me that you guys are the ones that want to destroy our democracy and are completely willing burn the country to the ground in order to get a democratically elected president impeached for absolutely no reason whatsoever other than your hatred for conservatives and the president they voted for. 

The group-think going on in this thread is really an appalling feat of ignorance. 

Not no reason. If you can't see that, we have nothing to say to each other. 

1 hour ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Funny, sure seems to me that you guys are the ones that want to destroy our democracy and are completely willing burn the country to the ground in order to get a democratically elected president impeached for absolutely no reason whatsoever other than your hatred for conservatives and the president they voted for. 

The group-think going on in this thread is really an appalling feat of ignorance. 

Pot...kettle...black!

5 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

UTF: ".... in order to get a democratically elected president impeached for absolutely no reason whatsoever"

Boomers: Let me guess, you also think there are no books in a library, that water is dry, and bees don't make honey.

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Very hilarious because global surveys have shown a massive degradation in international respect for the USA in almost every nation since the clown was shamefully elected. Typical trump game though to blame others for what he's responsible for. 

Get over it JT.   You have another 7 years !!!

8 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Not no reason. If you can't see that, we have nothing to say to each other. 

What is/are the reason/s.  We don't want to hear your, or others', imagined reasons, only reasons of substance, substantiated reasons.  You know, the truth thingy.

The investigation hasn't come up with anything.  If you know more, perhaps you should offer yourself to the investigating team, and reveal you greater knowledge of events??

I know, I know, the wheels of justice are turning, but they're getting slower as corrosion sets in, and the wheels are about to fall off.

Edited by F4UCorsair

3 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

What is/are the reason/s.  We don't want to hear your, or others', imagined reasons, only reasons of substance, substantiated reasons.  You know, the truth thingy.

The investigation hasn't come up with anything.  If you know more, perhaps you should offer yourself to the investigating team, and reveal you greater knowledge of events??

I know, I know, the wheels of justice are turning, but they're getting slower as corrosion sets in, and the wheels are about to fall off.

One assumes you are following media reports to keep up-to-date. One can only conclude you and others are trolling as reports on the investigation and timelines do not support your opinions.

16 minutes ago, simple1 said:

One assumes you are following media reports to keep up-to-date. One can only conclude you and others are trolling as reports on the investigation and timelines do not support your opinions.

Has the investigator revealed any of the supposed grounds for impeachment?

If not, it's the media who are speculating, and being followed by a bunch of sheep, unable to form opinions, but good at imagining grounds on which he may be impeached.

There's one thing I agree with you guys on, and that's this.......let's wait for the result of the investigation.

I'm not American, and don't care a tinker's cuss for Trump, or American politics generally, but I do see gross pettiness by the democrat supporters/left, not unlike the brexit vote in the UK.   The left didn't like the result, so they demand another vote, and when that was ruled out (as it hsould have been), they abuse, threaten, and riot.

Wait for the outcome.  It may be that there are grounds, but it's my belief that if there were, the process would have started long before now, so no grounds.

Edited by F4UCorsair
typo

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Just as suspected. No reason whatsoever. 

Cant remember the last time I heard of anything legitimately concerning coming out of the investigation in regards to Trump. 

Just now, Meljames said:

So trump's fan club have shifted their stock answer from 'get over it, he won' to 'get over it, you have 7 more years'. Still no substance to the support though. Sad.

Well, after 8 months and 5763 posts from the Trump haters, I still don't see anything about an impeachment process even being started.

So may be time to get over it.

1 minute ago, janclaes47 said:

Well, after 8 months and 5763 posts from the Trump haters, I still don't see anything about an impeachment process even being started.

So may be time to get over it.

I must have mg issed the news where Mueller concluded his investigation and concluded that Trump had done nothing criminal. Can you direct me to your source(s)?

2 hours ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Just as suspected. No reason whatsoever. 

Cant remember the last time I heard of anything legitimately concerning coming out of the investigation in regards to Trump. 

The wheels of justice grind slow but exceeding fine