Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

I must have mg issed the news where Mueller concluded his investigation and concluded that Trump had done nothing criminal. Can you direct me to your source(s)?

So because someone DOESN'T say that someone has done anything criminal, it mean he is a criminal?

Please point me to the sources where it says the impeachment process has been started, as that was the POINT of my comment.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

So because someone DOESN'T say that someone has done anything criminal, it mean he is a criminal?

Please point me to the sources where it says the impeachment process has been started, as that was the POINT of my comment.

No he hasn't been found guilty of anything yet but the process of gathering information hasn't finished. He has however by his own actions shown himself to be an ignorant, uncouth, uncaring person.

Just now, janclaes47 said:

If that was the point of your comment then why did you write  "after 8 months and 5763 posts"? What has the length of time or the number of posts got to do with it? And why write, "get over it". Your comment doesn't make any sense considering that there is on ongoing investigation. 

And I'm having a really hard time unraveling what this is supposed to mean: "So because someone DOESN'T say that someone has done anything criminal, it mean he is a criminal?"

First off, we're not just talking about "someone" are we? We're talking about Robert Mueller who is conducting an investigation that hasn't yet concluded. Do you expect him to pronounce on the possible grounds for prosecution or impeachment before the investigation is concluded? I don't know what country you're from, but that's not how criminal investigations work in the USA. So Mueller's silence means nothing one way or the other until the investigation is concluded. 

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

If that was the point of your comment then why did you write  "after 8 months and 5763 posts"? What has the length of time or the number of posts got to do with it? And why write, "get over it". Your comment doesn't make any sense considering that there is on ongoing investigation. 

And I'm having a really hard time unraveling what this is supposed to mean: "So because someone DOESN'T say that someone has done anything criminal, it mean he is a criminal?"

First off, we're not just talking about "someone" are we? We're talking about Robert Mueller who is conducting an investigation that hasn't yet concluded. Do you expect him to pronounce on the possible grounds for prosecution or impeachment before the investigation is concluded? I don't know what country you're from, but that's not how criminal investigations work in the USA. So Mueller's silence means nothing one way or the other until the investigation is concluded. 

May be the investigation goes on for another 7 years, who know, I don't and definitely nobody active in this thread does.

Get over it.

3 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Has the investigator revealed any of the supposed grounds for impeachment?

If not, it's the media who are speculating, and being followed by a bunch of sheep, unable to form opinions, but good at imagining grounds on which he may be impeached.

There's one thing I agree with you guys on, and that's this.......let's wait for the result of the investigation.

I'm not American, and don't care a tinker's cuss for Trump, or American politics generally, but I do see gross pettiness by the democrat supporters/left, not unlike the brexit vote in the UK.   The left didn't like the result, so they demand another vote, and when that was ruled out (as it hsould have been), they abuse, threaten, and riot.

Wait for the outcome.  It may be that there are grounds, but it's my belief that if there were, the process would have started long before now, so no grounds.

UK is off topic.

If you don't care, why on earth do you keep posting support for Trump. Read media reports, the current consensus indicates the various investigations relating to Trump and his Administration will near completion in approx 11/2018 timeline, possibly longer for alleged financial malfeasance matters.

As an example of progress with the investigation, I understand Flynn will face Court next month, I assume testimony relating to national security matters will be held in camera. Be interesting to observe where it all leads to in the case of Flynn.

Edited by simple1

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

UK is off topic.

If you don't care, why on earth do you keep posting support for Trump. Read media reports, the current consensus indicates the various investigations relating to Trump and his Administration will near completion in approx 11/2018 timeline, possibly longer for financial matters

If I pointed out your off topic posts there wouldn't be enough hours in a day!!

The same reason you post on subjects that don't directly concern you!!

I don't support Trump.  Read earlier posts.   I find the pettiness of many in their opposition to be infantile and like to point it out.

Exactly, the investigation has 10 months to run, but you guys have him impeached already.   

8 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

I don't support Trump.  Read earlier posts.   I find the pettiness of many in their opposition to be infantile and like to point it out.

Exactly, the investigation has 10 months to run, but you guys have him impeached already.   

We do? I agree that most on here hope he will be impeached, and I'm sure the thought of him spending the rest of his miserable life in a smelly dungeon has the same effect as a powerful aphrodisiac not only on me. But the GO spineless P will never allow the man-child to be impeached if there's any way to avoid it so the chances are I believe slim at best.

I think it's more likely that the steady stream of McD burgers and sodas will do the job for us:thumbsup:

45 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Well, after 8 months and 5763 posts from the Trump haters, I still don't see anything about an impeachment process even being started.

The investigation is on going. There's still a chance Trump and his clan could be found completely innocent and there will be no cause for impeachment. Seems you'd rather wrap things up now though;  afraid of what Mueller et al  will dig up? Trump and his GOP friends seems to have the same fear. Understandable.

Just now, Meljames said:

The investigation is on going. There's still a chance Trump and his clan could be found completely innocent and there will be no cause for impeachment. Seems you'd rather wrap things up now though;  afraid of what Mueller et al  will dig up? Trump and his GOP friends seems to have the same fear. Understandable.

I'm not wrapping up anything, it rather seems you're getting desperate.

I said i don't see any impeachment process started yet, however there are several posts in this thread of desperadoes that claimed he would be out of office before the end of 2017.

No need for more bait by replying to my post, if you can't get to the point of my comments, but it is clearly that many posters from the first days in this thread are very disappointed. Or should I better say, delusional?

5 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I'm not wrapping up anything, it rather seems you're getting desperate.

I said i don't see any impeachment process started yet, however there are several posts in this thread of desperadoes that claimed he would be out of office before the end of 2017.

No need for more bait by replying to my post, if you can't get to the point of my comments, but it is clearly that many posters from the first days in this thread are very disappointed. Or should I better say, delusional?

If you had any clue how a (criminal) investigation goes, especially concerning a person with a lot of power, you would know they will be collecting as much evidence as possible. They will also start with the lower fruit to pressure them to give up more information about the higher person. Be patient, they are getting closer and closer as they are busy with Kushner and friends now. The Trump indictments will follow but it needs time so it will stick. 

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

If you had any clue how a (criminal) investigation goes, especially concerning a person with a lot of power, you would know they will be collecting as much evidence as possible. They will also start with the lower fruit to pressure them to give up more information about the higher person. Be patient, they are getting closer and closer as they are busy with Kushner and friends now. The Trump indictments will follow but it needs time so it will stick. 

I assume you are involved in the investigation, because clearly you give the impression that you know the outcome.

Did you look up that starnge sounding word in my previous post?

Hers it is again in case you missed it. Delusional.

56 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

52 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

May be the investigation goes on for another 7 years, who know, I don't and definitely nobody active in this thread does.

Get over it.

Get over what exactly?

On 1/3/2018 at 4:35 PM, soalbundy said:

Trump managed to destroy American influence in the world in just a matter of months, where America retreats the Chinese and the Russians will move in.

It’s only bad when seen from the perspective of American interests. From the point of view of carrying out Putin’s agenda, Trump is doing a great job! Make America Genuflect Again!

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

Well many of us who post here said that a year ago, but you guys (you know who you are) had him impeached when he took office, or it was happening tomorrow, or at worst next week, all without waiting for the result of Mueller's investigations and deliberations.

What you are now saying, i.e., ''wait for the outcome of the investigation', was said a year ago my posters like me, but some chose to go down the path of imminent impeachment, criminal charges, etc.   Almost 6000, mostly mindless, posts could have been avoided.  All I see are unsubstantiated claims of criminal involvement, and if you know more than Mueller and his team, <deleted> offer yourselves and your advice/information so we can get this thread finished.

1 hour ago, F4UCorsair said:

14 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Well many of us who post here said that a year ago, but you guys (you know who you are) had him impeached when he took office, or it was happening tomorrow, or at worst next week, all without waiting for the result of Mueller's investigations and deliberations.

What you are now saying, i.e., ''wait for the outcome of the investigation', was said a year ago my posters like me, but some chose to go down the path of imminent impeachment, criminal charges, etc.   Almost 6000, mostly mindless, posts could have been avoided.  All I see are unsubstantiated claims of criminal involvement, and if you know more than Mueller and his team, <deleted> offer yourselves and your advice/information so we can get this thread finished.

And where is your criticism of posters who say that no charges or recommendations to take action against Trump will come of the Comey/Mueller investigation? You give your true sentiments away with your one-sided criticism. Clearly another case of "I-don't-support-but...."

16 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Here's a radical suggestion. If this thread is such a drain on you you don't actually have to participate in it or even read it.

Who knew, right?

On 1/6/2018 at 8:16 PM, Opl said:

" The Dangerous case of Donald Trump" 

https://archive.org/details/BandyLeeTheDangerousCaseOfDonaldTrumppdfRoflcopter2110WWRG

"“Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart,” Trump tweeted. “I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!” he said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/367727-trump-my-winning-presidency-on-first-try-shows-geniusand-a-very

After that tweet, #stablegeniu started trending, as in:

Javier Muñoz (@JMunozActor)

8/1/2018, 2:34 AM

Mar-a-Largo’s new signature drink is the Stable Genius!

Coat the rim of a tiny cocktail glass in Tang.

Add 2 shots of Russian vodka.

Garnish with wedge of boloney.

#stablegenius

Little Whitedog (@djranco1)

7/1/2018, 10:20 PM

@realDonaldTrump Today POUTUS angrily denied having dementia

by comparing himself to a POTUS also accused of dementia 

who turned out to have actually had dementia

#stablegeniu

1 minute ago, Thakkar said:

#stablegenius

#stablegeniu

Well, since the drink is called Stable Genius, shouldn't the chief ingredient be Horsesh*t ?

35 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Get over what exactly?

Get over the fact that there's nothing to see here.  It's perfectly normal, in the first year of a new president, to see members of his campaign team and cabinet indicted, for him to fire the head of the FBI on personal grounds, and for a special counsel to be appointed to look into foreign meddling in the election.  All new presidents go through it, along with pushing their way to the front of world leader group photos, curtsying to the Saudis, making the pope miserable, refusing to shake other leaders hands, loudly proclaiming their sanity, holding pissing contests over the size of their buttons, and sharing whatever thought is currently buzzing around their heads via social media. 

And, get over the fact that trump is a certified genius, who holds the record for total votes cast for him, very biglyest number of attendees at his inauguration, smartest supporters, and the biggest, very greatest, sized hands in US presidential history*. 

*When compared to those on the watches of previous incumbents.

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That seems to be a huge thing with hard core trump supporters. Not so much as actually thinking he's a decent human being or fit to be president, but getting their jollies on the pain of decent Americans that want the clown to be removed ASAP. 

That's one reason I see not only trump as sick but the nation as a whole that managed to elect that human stain even with a minority vote. It shouldn't even have been close. America's enemies are rejoicing our voluntary decline.

??

Just now, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Oh look, now the liberals are getting red-assed & trying to get posters to leave. Ones that they don't want to hear. 

Typical liberal echo-chamber hypocrisy. They wanna talk & run their mouths without check, but when an opposing view arrives? Well look above. Its even underlined. Free speech except when it isnt them talking. 

Meanwhile Trump is still there. Tax cuts just passed. No sign of impeachment, and things are going quite well. 

You mean pointing out a contradiction in a poster's stance is trying to get a poster to leave? It's clear that what you're really looking for is some kind of immunity from criticism for red-faced right wing posters.

22 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Well, since the drink is called Stable Genius, shouldn't the chief ingredient be Horsesh*t ?

That would be bad marketing, because if *that* were an ingredient, only Trump supporters would buy it, and they’re a shrinking minority. ?

1 hour ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

Oh look, now the liberals are getting red-assed & trying to get posters to leave. Ones that they don't want to hear. 

Typical liberal echo-chamber hypocrisy. They wanna talk & run their mouths without check, but when an opposing view arrives? Well look above. Its even underlined. Free speech except when it isnt them talking. 

Meanwhile Trump is still there. Tax cuts just passed. No sign of impeachment, and things are going quite well. 

Oh look, another inane post from you. A poster expresses a desire to have this thread discontinued and when I suggest he should stop participating if he's bothered by it you start bleeting about liberals this and liberals that.:cheesy:

I must say that for a group who incessantly harp on about the "bleeding heartiness" of the liberals you sure are a thoroughly snowflaky bunch.

1 hour ago, UncleTouchyFingers said:

If Trump's approval ratings are climbing all the time, how did they get so low in the first place? In your mind, it is like a like a clock where 1 follows 12?

Or maybe for you time begins after  Sept 24 (real clear politics) or Sept 26 (fivethirtyeight) , when his approval was at 41 percent?

43 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

If Trump's approval ratings are climbing all the time, how did they get so low in the first place? In your mind, it is like a like a clock where 1 follows 12?

Or maybe for you time begins after  Sept 24 (real clear politics) or Sept 26 (fivethirtyeight) , when his approval was at 41 percent?

For the man-child supporters this is what constitutes good news. But I guess when the bad news just keep rolling in you are left grasping at straws.

On 1/7/2018 at 4:49 PM, Sir Dude said:

The electoral college system is made that way for a very important reason...it forces politicians to engage the entire country so that NY, Florida, California etc. (

No it was made to prevent the uneducated colonists of the time from electing a snake oil salesman. Seems the founding fathers didn't  trust politicians not to hoodwink the populace. Last election the system failed and a charlatan got elected anyway. Not a bad system though considering it's worked 44 out of 45 times.

Edited by Meljames

7 hours ago, Thakkar said:

#stablegenius

#stablegeniu

And what about the " Nothingburger"? 

Edited by Opl

On 1/7/2018 at 11:24 AM, heybruce said:

I never expected the man to be impeached because he's repulsive (if you don't believe that, watch the video of his first cabinet meeting   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ARgUIpM6f0). 

I expected him to be impeached for incompetence, mental instability, violation of the emoluments clause, and a long history of financial crimes--tax evasion, sanctions busting, money laundering, etc. 

Just let the investigation run its course.  You know, that rule of law thingy.

First of all the people who are investigating Trump, are being investigated.Their credibility will be exposed hence,the Mueller team will be dissolved.

Everything you mentioned has to have a resolution proposal voted on in the house of reps which has a GOP majority .It also has to be approved and voted on by Congress which the GOP holds majority.The dem's already tried to pass a resolution to demand to see PT taxes also they tried to pass a resolution to impeach with no luck ,dead.I think you Trump haters have to wait till 2024 especially seeing that the dems have no  campaign message other than resist and obstruct.

Edited by riclag