Do you think Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?

Scott

Do you believe Trump will be impeached or forced to resign?  

511 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 minutes ago, Opl said:

"Starting with Trump’s inauguration, the Dow has risen from 19,827.3 to 25,075.1 -- an increase of 26 percent. That’s impressive. But it’s not as impressive as its performance during the equivalent period under Obama. Under Obama, the Dow increased from 7,949.1 to 10,572 — a rise of 33 percent.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/jan/08/how-trump-obama-compare-stock-market/

My Boeing stock has double since Nov 2016,    $148 to $308.Now why would I want PT impeached! Ok no more talk for me off topics. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, riclag said:

stock market  over 25000, new supreme court justice , tax relief ,less restrictions on companies ,repatriating  overseas money and on and on. My 401k  is Thailand bound. That's my rating.  The economy is in its break out. How's it possible that you didn't know about these changes? What sort of news sources do you watch? 

"Will Trump Punish the Farm Belt? Pulling out of Nafta would hurt the exporting states that elected him. "“Trashing Nafta would be among the great self-inflicted wounds in history. It would also tell other countries that the U.S. can’t be trusted to keep its word on trade, which would make it impossible to cut the bilateral trade deals the President says he wants. This is a strategy for making America weaker.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/making-america-weaker-wall-street-journal-trashes-trump-policies-hurting-his-boosters-in-the-farm-belt/

On 1/6/2018 at 11:55 PM, Jingthing said:

That seems to be a huge thing with hard core trump supporters. Not so much as actually thinking he's a decent human being or fit to be president, but getting their jollies on the pain of decent Americans that want the clown to be removed ASAP. 

That's one reason I see not only trump as sick but the nation as a whole that managed to elect that human stain even with a minority vote. It shouldn't even have been close. America's enemies are rejoicing our voluntary decline.

Spot on except for your omission of your own party's contribution to this outcome.

On 1/7/2018 at 1:31 AM, Jingthing said:

Lesser of two evils is nothing new in American politics or the politics of most other countries. The fact that Clinton was a flawed candidate is irrelevant compared to the tragedy of electing the clown. There was only one  reasonable choice and trump wasn't it. 

The "lesser of two evils" voting strategy is a a fallacy. How are you better off today by voting for the lesser of two evils than if you had voted for whomever you thought was best and lost?  All the lesser of two evils thinking gets you is two choices that are worse and worse each election cycle.

33 minutes ago, Opl said:

"Will Trump Punish the Farm Belt? Pulling out of Nafta would hurt the exporting states that elected him. "“Trashing Nafta would be among the great self-inflicted wounds in history. It would also tell other countries that the U.S. can’t be trusted to keep its word on trade, which would make it impossible to cut the bilateral trade deals the President says he wants. This is a strategy for making America weaker.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/making-america-weaker-wall-street-journal-trashes-trump-policies-hurting-his-boosters-in-the-farm-belt/

I lost my job of 20 years  back in 2002 because of Nafta,Thanks to BC.Don't tell me about shipping jobs to other countries.

3 hours ago, riclag said:

stock market  over 25000, new supreme court justice , tax relief ,less restrictions on companies ,repatriating  overseas money and on and on. My 401k  is Thailand bound. That's my rating.  The economy is in its break out. How's it possible that you didn't know about these changes? What sort of news sources do you watch? 

tax relief... "The Trump administration may have to decide whether to press one of his biggest backers on a contested $6.8 billion tax bill"

http://www.businessinsider.fr/us/mercer-trump-renaissance-technologies-billions-tax-bill-2017-4/

https://www.salon.com/2018/01/09/the-real-reason-the-mercers-have-cut-ties-with-steve-bannon_partner/

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Stock market climbing since Obama's second year, a dud of a supreme court justice, tax relief for the rich which will cause massive additional debt, restrictions put in place to prevent another BP Horizon oil spill and Wall Street meltdown lifted, repatriation of overseas money hasn't happened and it will only benefit the rich, and on and on. 

Take off your blinders:  Obama took over with the economy in freefall and two unfinished wars; he turned around the economy and wound down the wars.  Trump took over with a strong economy and the country the closest to being at peace in fifteen years and has accomplished very little, none of it good, in spite of his party controlling both houses of Congress. 

I wish partisans would disabuse themselves of the notion that any president has much to do with the economy. Rebounds in the economy are caused by downturns in the economy. It is always about PRICE and risk/reward.  That and unprecedented interest rate reductions for too long by the Federal Reserve.

Federal Funds Rate - 62 Year Historical Chart _ MacroTrends.mhtml

50 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I wish partisans would disabuse themselves of the notion that any president has much to do with the economy. Rebounds in the economy are caused by downturns in the economy. It is always about PRICE and risk/reward.  That and unprecedented interest rate reductions for too long by the Federal Reserve.

Federal Funds Rate - 62 Year Historical Chart _ MacroTrends.mhtml

Presidents approve the federal budget, which has a significant affect on the economy.  Federal spending and federal deficits have stimulative effects on the economy, and reductions in spending and deficits have a damping effect.  That is why it is a good idea to increase spending during economic downturns (which Obama did as much as the Republicans in Congress allowed) and reduce deficits during times of good growth and low employment, which we currently are in. 

Unfortunately the Republicans ignore this simple economic wisdom and, once again, want greatly increase deficits by cutting taxes at a time when the economy doesn't need the stimulus.  Trump, who apparently is clueless about the economy and eager to claim any kind of legislative accomplishment, happily goes along. 

Regarding interest rates, the Federal Reserve members are appointed by the President, and they determine Federal funds rates.  So Presidents do have influence on that as well.

Interest rates have been low but stable for many years now.  While that is unusual, all indications are that it has helped, not hurt the economy.  However economic theories are off-topic, Trump's reckless handing of government finances are not.

4 hours ago, Opl said:

"Starting with Trump’s inaugurationit the Dow has risen from 19,827.3 to 25,075.1 -- an increase of 26 percent. That’s impressive. But it’s not as impressive as its performance during the equivalent period under Obama. Under Obama, the Dow increased from 7,949.1 to 10,572 — a rise of 33 percent.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/jan/08/how-trump-obama-compare-stock-market/

Coming out of the worst market downturn since the great depression of the 1930's.  That's not a reasonable comparison...there was only one way It was going to go, and fast.

3 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Coming out of the worst market downturn since the great depression of the 1930's.  That's not a reasonable comparison...there was only one way It was going to go, and fast.

The rise was not leveling off when Obama left office, and it continued its upward momentum for Trump's first year.  So what's your point?

11 hours ago, juice777 said:

Well I've got my fingers crossed and I am just about to look on ebay for voodoo dolls.

Edit lol you can actually buy Donald Trump Voodoo dolls on Ebay.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just as you could buy Obama voodoo dolls on ebay when Obama was President.   Nothing burger.

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Presidents approve the federal budget, which has a significant affect on the economy.  Federal spending and federal deficits have stimulative effects on the economy, and reductions in spending and deficits have a damping effect.  That is why it is a good idea to increase spending during economic downturns (which Obama did as much as the Republicans in Congress allowed) and reduce deficits during times of good growth and low employment, which we currently are in. 

Unfortunately the Republicans ignore this simple economic wisdom and, once again, want greatly increase deficits by cutting taxes at a time when the economy doesn't need the stimulus.  Trump, who apparently is clueless about the economy and eager to claim any kind of legislative accomplishment, happily goes along. 

Regarding interest rates, the Federal Reserve members are appointed by the President, and they determine Federal funds rates.  So Presidents do have influence on that as well.

Interest rates have been low but stable for many years now.  While that is unusual, all indications are that it has helped, not hurt the economy.  However economic theories are off-topic, Trump's reckless handing of government finances are not.

I didn't say interest rates hurt the economy, on the contrary I think the ZIRP helped the economy and is practically the only thing that did. That said, I think the Fed should have begun their tightening cycle at the end of 2013 instead of last year and that there will be unintended consequences of ZIRP which led to so much mispricing of assets.  I fear they will not have enough bullets in their policy gun when the inevitable next downturn occurs.

Edited by lannarebirth

36 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I didn't say interest rates hurt the economy, on the contrary I think the ZIRP helped the economy and is practically the only thing that did. That said, I think the Fed should have begun their tightening cycle at the end of 2013 instead of last year and that there will be unintended consequences of ZIRP which led to so much mispricing of assets.  I fear they will not have enough bullets in their policy gun when the inevitable next downturn occurs.

Yeah, lots of people are debating interest rates and there are a lot of arguments on both sides.  However it is off-topic.

It is on topic to note that deficits rose insanely high and the economy tanked the last time we had a tax-cutting, big spending Republican President.  Looks like we can expect the same again, although Trump will have to do all that damage much bigger than Bush.  Another reason to vote in a Democrat Congress that will restrain and, hopefully, impeach him.

55 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

One extra note:  The stock market has risen to ridiculous price/earnings ratios because the low interest rates give investors no alternative to stocks since bonds are literally paying nothing after inflation.  Rising interest rates will bring down stock prices by providing profitable alternatives to stocks, and dampen riclag's enthusiasm for the Trump economy and his 401k.

24 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Yeah, lots of people are debating interest rates and there are a lot of arguments on both sides.  However it is off-topic.

It is on topic to note that deficits rose insanely high and the economy tanked the last time we had a tax-cutting, big spending Republican President.  Looks like we can expect the same again, although Trump will have to do all that damage much bigger than Bush.  Another reason to vote in a Democrat Congress that will restrain and, hopefully, impeach him.

Trump won't be impeached, and is assured of another term if the democrats put Oprah up as their candidate, widely suggested over the past day or so, based ONLY on her 'impassioned' speech at the Golden Globes.   But the hypocrisy!!!  She, and the likes of Streep and dozens of others knew about the casting couch culture and particularly about Weinstein, but said nothing for decades, lying hypocritical b****es!!  There would even be many who benefitted, secured roles, by 'putting out' for Weinstein, and no doubt others, who are now turning on him, and every other male in Hollywood.

Edited by F4UCorsair

10 minutes ago, heybruce said:

One extra note:  The stock market has risen to ridiculous price/earnings ratios because the low interest rates give investors no alternative to stocks since bonds are literally paying nothing after inflation.  Rising interest rates will bring down stock prices by providing profitable alternatives to stocks, and dampen riclag's enthusiasm for the Trump economy and his 401k.

I agree that is what SHOULD happen. Let's see if it does.

24 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Regarding share prices falling with rising interest rates offering an alternative, they will have to rise a LOT before they become an alternative.  Dividends on most good stocks in Australia are 7%+, and bank rates under 2% for a fixed deposit, tying money up for a year or more.  Shares are far more flexible, and can be traded in a moment.  Until bank rates are up around 5%+, they won't even start to be an alternative, and definitely not attractive until 6%+.   I imagine the ratios are similar in the US.

If you bought shares in the big banks in Australia at current prices, you would be getting about 9% including franking credits, so no contest with bank rates.

Edited by F4UCorsair

14 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Trump won't be impeached, and is assured of another term if the democrats put Oprah up as their candidate, widely suggested over the past day or so, based ONLY on her 'impassioned' speech at the Golden Globes.   But the hypocrisy!!!  She, and the likes of Streep and dozens of others knew about the casting couch culture and particularly about Weinstein, but said nothing for decades, lying hypocritical b****es!!  There would even be many who benefitted, secured roles, by 'putting out' for Weinstein, and no doubt others, who are now turning on him, and every other male in Hollywood.

Way off topic, let me see if I can help you out.

"....who are now turning on him..."

Turning on people is a Trump specialty.  Perhaps that makes his fellow unqualified celebrities as qualified for the presidency as he is.

6 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Regarding share prices falling with rising interest rates offering an alternative, they will have to rise a LOT before they become an alternative.  Dividends on most good stocks in Australia are 7%+, and bank rates under 2% for a fixed deposit, tying money up for a year or more.  Shares are far more flexible, and can be traded in a moment.  Until bank rates are up around 5%+, they will be no alternative.   I imagine the ratios are similar in the US.

If you bought shares in the big banks in Australia at current prices, you would be getting about 9% including franking credits, so no contest with bank rates.

Is Trump doing anything to bring this about? 

8 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Way off topic, let me see if I can help you out.

"....who are now turning on him..."

Turning on people is a Trump specialty.  Perhaps that makes his fellow unqualified celebrities as qualified for the presidency as he is.

Thank you for you help.

There's the point, the democrats are embracing her whereas they condemn him for not being one of the political class, just as she is.  Nobody does hypocrisy quite as well as the left!!

Edited by F4UCorsair

22 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Thank you for you help.

There's the point, the democrats are embracing her whereas they condemn him for not being one of the political class, just as she is.  Nobody does hypocrisy quite as well as the left!!

The Democrats are embracing her?  Can you name a few?  Or are you just listening to some celebrity news and mistaking it for real news.

Hypocrisy is the Republicans screaming deficits will ruin the nation when a Democrat is President, then running up deficits when there is a Republican President.  The Oprah thing is nothing more than filler for a slow news day.  You need to learn the difference.

4 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Thank you for you help.

What a load of utter drivel. Seeing as the conservatives (and especially the man-child base) turn a blind eye on stuff like draft dodging, making fun of people with physical disabilities, cozying up to enemies of the US, pu$$y grabbing etc, etc, etc, etc the conservatives now own hypocrisy. It's disgusting, plain and simple.

Edited by Becker

5 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

There's the point, the democrats are embracing her whereas they condemn him for not being one of the political class, just as she is. 

Are you so out of touch?

The Democrats are not 'embracing her, and as for Trump, no one has condemned him for not being one of the political class, how I wish that were his only misgiving. They condemn Trump for being a narcissistic , Sociopathic, Pathological lying, self absorbed, childish, nasty , vindictive , dangerous, unstable SOB (Presidentially used term), and lets not forget sexual predator, and Traitor. Apart from all that I am sure he is a nice guy. If Trump does a second term, I will eat my shorts and then become a Doomsday Prepper! 

16 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Are you so out of touch?

The Democrats are not 'embracing her, and as for Trump, no one has condemned him for not being one of the political class, how I wish that were his only misgiving. They condemn Trump for being a narcissistic , Sociopathic, Pathological lying, self absorbed, childish, nasty , vindictive , dangerous, unstable SOB (Presidentially used term), and lets not forget sexual predator, and Traitor. Apart from all that I am sure he is a nice guy. If Trump does a second term, I will eat my shorts and then become a Doomsday Prepper! 

Are you going to launder the shorts first, or do something really kinky?   You could buy a pair of those flavored, edible undies and eat them??   I love it.  Becoming a doomsday prepper isnothing compared with eating shorts!!

Here's an interesting, if rather complicated read about the implications  of the Fusion GPS/ senate judiciary committee transcript released by R. Feinstein:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/950800455797534720.html

The full transcript is here:

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/3/9/3974a291-ddbe-4525-9ed1-22bab43c05ae/934A3562824CACA7BB4D915E97709D2F.simpson-transcript-redacted.pdf 

2 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Are you going to launder the shorts first, or do something really kinky?   You could buy a pair of those flavored, edible undies and eat them??   I love it.  Becoming a doomsday prepper isnothing compared with eating shorts!!

Maybe I will be eating my shorts in my fallout shelter after we run out of noodles.:wink:

1 hour ago, Andaman Al said:

Maybe I will be eating my shorts in my fallout shelter after we run out of noodles.:wink:

You may have a sense of humor after all, but that's only a 'may'!!

Do you have a copy of the book?  You could read it in the shelter while munching on those shorts.   The imagery!!

Edited by F4UCorsair

2 hours ago, Slip said:

Here's an interesting, if rather complicated read about the implications  of the Fusion GPS/ senate judiciary committee transcript released by R. Feinstein:

I have never read that source before, I really enjoyed it, the guy is excellent. I don't think the read is complicated, just lengthy, but quite compelling once you start. Make sure you have a large mug of coffee to see you through. It is a great read.

Thanks Slip.

7 hours ago, Slip said:

The full transcript is here:

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/3/9/3974a291-ddbe-4525-9ed1-22bab43c05ae/934A3562824CACA7BB4D915E97709D2F.simpson-transcript-redacted.pdf 

Thanks. Seth Abramson is extrodinarily lucid when it comes to deducing, then explaining what were prior less than clear connections from publicly available info. I started following him a while ago after you posted one of his threads and have learned a lot.