Ex-FBI chief Comey to testify to Senate panel in public session

rooster59

4 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Depends of how you define the expression "pressured".  You could hardly claim what Trump said to Comey was pressure.  Try reading the words that were spoken.  This may be splitting hairs but...

Nobody can claim anything about what Trump said to Comey - because NOBODY knows.

There is zero evidence right now. Nada. Squat. Zilch. Zip.

I shall reserve my judgement until there is.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, iReason said:

:blink:

No.

Please, are you gonna drag that old one out too?

Did you even listen to the question?

Or did you just listen to the alt-right narrator barking "smoking gun"?

"So, if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Dept. of Justice oppose a specific investigation, can they halt that F.B.I. investigation?"

-Sen. Hirono. Hawaii

A very specific question.

And listen to the specific answer again.

Read full transcript here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/05/03/read-the-full-testimony-of-fbi-director-james-comey-in-which-he-discusses-clinton-email-investigation/?utm_term=.a79874c65e3e

OK - good stuff - I presented some evidence, you argued against it.

And now your turn - present your evidence and we can take a look.

Ooooops I forgot - there actually isn't any evidence at all. Just news reports that somebody had a phone call with somebody else that was reading a memo that somebody else allegedly wrote.

You are projecting.

3 hours ago, iReason said:

No.

Because he is ignorant and massively unqualified.

And because of his well documented life of shady business dealings and slimy associations in the swamp of the underworld.

The only qualification needed to be president is to be voted in.

11 hours ago, iReason said:

No.

Because he is ignorant and massively unqualified.

And because of his well documented life of shady business dealings and slimy associations in the swamp of the underworld.

Tell that to the system that elected him to the presidency. Yawn.

11 hours ago, Dagnabbit said:

OK - good stuff - I presented some evidence, you argued against it.

And now your turn - present your evidence and we can take a look.

Ooooops I forgot - there actually isn't any evidence at all. Just news reports that somebody had a phone call with somebody else that was reading a memo that somebody else allegedly wrote.

You are projecting.

Nice deflection of your original completly wrong assertion. NOT

And a pathetic attempt to change it's narrative.

17 hours ago, Dagnabbit said:

May 3rd, Comey (under oath) saying he'd never been pressured to drop an investigation.

So is Comey lying under oath here? Hiding coercion?

'cause he's sure either lying here or lying about what Trump said.

Choose your side - and pick a lie you'd like to believe in.

Comey was responding to a question that specifically asked if the DoJ had ever brought pressure to drop an investigation.  He could truthfully answer no to that even if Trump had ask him to let the Flynn investigation "go". 

It does not appear to be pick your "lie", but pick your facts you'd like to believe, which is so much what this is about.

TH 

5 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

Tell that to the system that elected him to the presidency.

Nice deflection. NOT

You asked a question.

I answered it.

And you offer just another weak attempt to change the narrative of your original post.

P.S. What's with your moniker?

A hero of yours?

Russia meeting revelation could trigger obstruction investigation

President Donald Trump’s Oval Office boast to Russian officials will almost certainly prompt a more immediate legal development. (sub-title)

“I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off. … I’m not under investigation,” Trump added, according to an official White House document summarizing the meeting, as reported Friday by the New York Times."

"The Times said that the White House document containing Trump’s comments was based on notes taken from inside the Oval Office, and then “circulated as the official account of the meeting.”

"Renato Mariotti, a former assistant U.S. attorney in Chicago, said special counsel Robert Mueller’s team of FBI investigators will home in Trump’s comments to the Russians, in part because there is reportedly an official White House document about it, and also because it appears to reference Trump’s possible intent in firing Comey."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/20/trump-russia-meeting-obstruction-investigation-238639

Former Trump adviser asked to testify to House committee on Russia

"A former Trump campaign adviser has been asked to testify before the House intelligence committee over accusations of Russian meddling in the 2016 election."

"The Guardian has confirmed that Michael Caputo, a campaign aide to Trump for much of the presidential primary, has been asked to submit to a voluntary interview with the committee and provide any documents requested."

"Caputo, who has close links with Roger Stone, Trump’s long-time and highly controversial political adviser, worked in Russia in the 1990s."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/21/former-trump-adviser-asked-to-testify-to-house-committee-on-russia

5 minutes ago, iReason said:

5 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

Tell that to the system that elected him to the presidency.

Nice deflection. NOT

You asked a question.

I answered it.

And you offer just another weak attempt to change the narrative of your original post.

P.S. What's with your moniker?

A hero of yours?

A good question. Whilst Machiavelli was attributed with bringing deceit and treachery to politics in his writings (I wonder if Trump has read 'The Prince'? - well not read but listened to the audio book  - well listened to a 5 min condensed version - Treachery and Deceit for Dummies), he was also incredibly intelligent and an accomplished academic. I don't think from his posts that the hat fits with our TV posters moniker.

On 5/20/2017 at 8:20 AM, Andaman Al said:

Is anybody starting to suffer from Trump exhaustion ?

Never!

Presently, the greatest soap-opera on earth.

Totally addicted. Rush to the computer every morning to see what the next stupid thing he has done/said.

On 5/20/2017 at 8:22 AM, tonray said:

Trump is a real class act for sure. Foreign leaders will be walking on eggshells because they know now he is a man who cannot be trusted with any secure information or plans.

Not much walking on eggshells going on in Saudi. So much for that.

I wish Comey could testify tomorrow. It should shut people up when he repeats his on the record statement that Trump did not impede the investigations.

However, I doubt it will shut the anti Trump MSM up. They will probably say he was bought off or such. Without Trump to beat up, the MSM would have little to say, and would be losing big time.

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Never!

Totally addicted. Rush to the computer every morning to see what the next stupid thing he has done/said.

Same same but different. I turn the tv on to see what the next stupid thing the anti Trump MSM has said.

Never!

Indeed, and doesn't he stretch the imagination?
A bit like the BBC soap "Casualty" - you know, every year the busload of pensioners would crash into a petrol tanker, and the helicopter ferrying the injured to hospital would make a forced landing on an illegal nuclear waste dump...

The Trump antics are as bizarre - but they are for real!

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wish Comey could testify tomorrow. It should shut people up when he repeats his on the record statement that Trump did not impede the investigations.

Just making stuff up again.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not much walking on eggshells going on in Saudi. So much for that.

However, I doubt it will shut the anti Trump MSM up. They will probably say he was bought off or such. Without Trump to beat up, the MSM would have little to say, and would be losing big time.

Many, many times now the video in which people like you allege that Comey said Trump did not impede the investigations, has been shown to say no such thing. He testified only the people in the Justice Dept didn't impede his investigation. Why do you keep on repeating this lie?

3 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

The Saudi king must be pleased.

The "most powerful man in the world" just gave him a curtsy :cheesy:

Is that all you can do- nit pick endlessly? 

He's tall, the king is short, do you think the king should have stood on a stool to put the chain around his neck?

Do you ever listen to yourself?

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Is that all you can do- nit pick endlessly? 

He's tall, the king is short, do you think the king should have stood on a stool to put the chain around his neck?

Do you ever listen to yourself?

How about a manly bow..........you know, like Obama did.

7 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

This is from the person who was complaining about the unkind words directed towards Donald Trump. I guess in his world being civilized and being masculine are incompatible.

No unbiased person wants to read pages of vile and offensive language about anyone, which is why most members never contribute on any Trump thread.

None of us used that sort of language about Obama for hundreds or maybe thousands of posts, though we disagreed with his policies and those of the Dems.

Trump has nothing to do with this forum- he has never written one word on it.

Saying disgusting filth on a forum just because one doesn't like the subject isn't conducive to pursuading non biased posters to change their minds.

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No unbiased person wants to read pages of vile and offensive language about anyone, which is why most members never contribute on any Trump thread.

None of us used that sort of language about Obama for hundreds or maybe thousands of posts, though we disagreed with his policies and those of the Dems.

Saying disgusting filth on a forum just because one doesn't like the subject isn't conducive to pursuading non biased posters to change their minds.

"None of us used that sort of language about Obama for hundreds or maybe thousands of posts, though we disagreed with his policies and those of the Dems."

Amnesiac much?

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I know you like the beach a lot, especially a Thai beach, But do you think you might have stayed out in the sun a little too much?:tongue:

You insult Obama's manliness then you complain about posters being insulting. Them you claim that nobody insulted Obama when he was president :laugh: in support of the Birther, inexplicably claiming that "Trump has nothing to do with this forum- he has never written one word on it."  as if Obama had .

you proceed to admonish as for Ad Hominem attacks on Trump while engaging in Ad hominem attack on Obama even though Obama has nothing to do with this thread.

I suggest you re- read this whole exchange and reconsider.

Nothing wrong with saying  " hey I just laid a stinker"  we all have from time to time , me more than some.:smile: