Mysterious death of German woman found floating in Korat temple lake

rooster59

22 minutes ago, Gary A said:

He complained about his left arm aching and his back hurting, then dropped dead. His Thai wife was there also.  His Thai wife insisted that his farang friends murdered him. There are paranoid people, both Thai and farangs. People here do occasionally get away with murder but I don't think it is as common as some of you obviously believe.

Sounds a bit like a heart prob' occurred there Gary. Did it make the newspapers?

The official figures here are way, way out on foreigner deaths.

I always promote the view that I'm worth more alive than dead.

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Sounds a bit like a heart prob' occurred there Gary. Did it make the newspapers?

The official figures here are way, way out on foreigner deaths.

I always promote the view that I'm worth more alive than dead.

He wasn't important enough to make any newspapers. He was well liked and was active on some of the forums. We were all surprised because he was trim and seemed fit. His wife insisted on an autopsy and he did have a massive heart attack. As far as we know, he had no medical problems. He wasn't even 60 years old.

I do agree that it is always better to be worth more alive than dead. When I pop my clogs, my pensions die with me.

13 minutes ago, Gary A said:

He wasn't important enough to make any newspapers.

Sorry about the death Gary.

If it didn't make the newspapers it was probably not recorded in 'official' figures.

Embassies do not, as a rule, give out data.

16 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

this sort of thing can easily be found on the internet.But hey why go to all that trouble when all you have to do is ask a question and sit back and wait for an answer.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And possibly an inaccurate answer!!

18 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Seems that most Farlangs living in Thailand die in either two ways. Falling off high buildings or floating in lakes.

In Isan it is rat poisoning or motorbike accidents. And unless the family make a big noise that's the end of it forever. No newspaper coverage; no statistic.

10 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Yes I agree cyberfarang.

I had two pals of mine die within the last few years. Both deaths were mysterious to say the least. The thing that links them for me is the total disregard of protocol in both instances by the authorities.

One, a wealthy OZ chap, was cremated the morning after his death when an officer from the Australian embassy, and family members were on their way to the village. They arrived way to late!!

That is strange as if they were to follow traditional Thai ceremony it would be days before the cremate the body. Things are allot worse than when I first starting coming to Thailand but Thailand has allot more tourists too.  Most of the police dont really care about things, if they do anything it's a half ass job.  Not saying all as I have met a few (very few) that are great. One of my old girlfriends brother died. It appeared he hung himself. Her father left the house and went to BKK before the police came. The police asked to speak to him because he found the body, the told police he is in BKK they said ok when he comes back tell him to come see us.  He went back a few days later never went to see the police and that was the end of it.  My girlfriend believed her dad killed her brother. Her dad was an ass, used to work on a fishing boat. I was told he killed someone on one of the boats. Maybe one of these days Thailand can clean it's act up.

29 minutes ago, ericthai said:

That is strange as if they were to follow traditional Thai ceremony it would be days before the cremate the body.

Strange indeed!! It was absolutely outrageous!!

My friend had contacted the man's family two days earlier and told them that he was very ill in hospital. His son and the son's wife left ASAP from OZ. As soon as they were told about the death (by the same pal) they contacted the Australian Embassy in BKK to voice their concerns. They said they would get an officer up to the village. The son was in Udon when he was cremated. The Embassy officer; I don't know where he was.

The son arrived in the village 60 minutes too late to stop anything. The Embassy man turned up next morning.

No blood samples were taken and stored at the hospital. He was sent home from the hospital in Udon on the say of his G/F. His G/F arranged everything on the quick.

Only a few weeks previously he was helping me unload sacks of cement at my house. He was not ill then I can tell you.

Unfortunately I was not in Thailand when he actually passed away. I'm not too unhappy about that 'cause I may well have put my own life at risk by demanding things were done right by him.

There is much more to this story; another time perhaps!

Edited by owl sees all
syntax error

10 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Strange indeed!! It was absolutely outrageous!!

My friend had contacted the man's family two days earlier and told them that he was very ill in hospital. His son and the son's wife left ASAP from OZ. As soon as they were told about the death (by the same pal) they contacted the Australian Embassy in BKK to voice their concerns. They said they would get an officer up to the village. The son was in Udon when he was cremated. The Embassy officer; I don't know where he was.

The son arrived in the village 60 minutes too late to stop anything. The Embassy man turned up next morning.

No blood samples were taken and stored at the hospital. He was sent home from the hospital in Udon on the say of his G/F. His G/F arranged everything on the quick.

Only a few weeks previously he was helping me unload sacks of cement at my house. He was not ill then I can tell you.

Unfortunately I was not in Thailand when he actually passed away. I'm not too unhappy about that 'cause I may well have put my own life at risk by demanding things were done right by him.

There is much more to this story; another time perhaps!

This does sound strange. Another friend of mine died here. He was grossly obese and he died while another farang friend of his was visiting. He was not legally married even though he lived with  Thai lady for several years. They refused to release his body to her and he was in a freezer for several months. They wouldn't release his body until his family in the UK approved it. The British embassy was of no help. His blood family had no interest in him. They wouldn't approve his girlfriend getting his body until his family was assured that it would cost them nothing.

14 minutes ago, crystal sauce said:

Are you guys familiar with medical terms called " heart attack" "sudden death"

I believe that it's the luck of the draw. A friend of mine was a physical fitness freak. He dropped dead while jogging. With his strict diet and exercise regimen, he should have lived forever, or at least outlived me.

ADDED - He was about 50 years old. I am now 72 years old.

Edited by Gary A