Cheaper insurance premiums for cars fitted with dash cams

rooster59

Cheaper insurance premiums for cars fitted with dash cams

กล้อง-696x408.jpg

Image: Thansettakij

Drivers who fit dash cams to their vehicles are set to enjoy cheaper insurance premiums.

Regulators have agreed to allow insurance companies to lower their rates to drivers who have fully functioning CCTV devices in their cars as the devices can be used for evidential purposes.

The order was published in the Royal Gazette on Friday.

Thansettakij reported that savings of between 5 and 10% could be made on premiums.

The move is seen as encouraging more people to fit the devices.

Devices must be fitted at the time insurance contracts are signed and be operational on every journey.

Dash cams have increasingly been used to settle disputes in road accidents with savings made by insurance companies now being passed onto consumers, said Thansettakij.

Source: Thansettakij

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-20

So we will all be able to watch dozens of accidents every morning and comment on who was the dumbest driver of the day.

A better idea might be to offer a discount to those who agree to take additional driver training courses, to help make the roads safer.

The BIB probably will not like these once they realize that even though they might not be filmed at the drivers window, the voice recording in some of these are pretty good. At least mine is.  They will realize they are being recorded asking for tea money.  Along with a dash camera,

I  have a go pro camera on the dash that I turn on at road blocks. It records everything at the drivers window. 

Once they see that they are being recorded they immediately tell me to move on. 

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Anyone put a cam on the motorbike?

I've been thinking about that a lot, i can make a youtube channel from what i see daily in BKK. And for sure the Europeans would love to see that, they sure can't believe it.

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Anyone put a cam on the motorbike?

Yep. More than one example in the forum/youtube.

E.g. including the digital speedometer in the video to show that he can drive 238 km/h on a public highway in Thailand.

One of those .....

Theyve  given me and mrs me a  10% discount for last year and this  year, last  time someone  hit  my pick up they claimed the damage was already there.............unbelievable........no, they didnt  get away with it,  but shows to what extent the lies that  can  flow  forth here

On 5/20/2017 at 0:01 PM, darksidedog said:

So we will all be able to watch dozens of accidents every morning and comment on who was the dumbest driver of the day.

A better idea might be to offer a discount to those who agree to take additional driver training courses, to help make the roads safer.

Actually I prefer a better performance tracker - better centralised records perhaps with a much heftier initial premium to encourage folks to avoid claims during their initial year, gradually tailing off over 5 years. People wishing for discounts must be enrolled with participating insurance companies - sometimes it seems that people can evade records by swapping and changing.

Toying with the idea of untrained drivers and driver training is a great plan - but to my knowledge it's just not feasible. A lot of development is going to be needed - a huge one might be a database of drivers, licensing, and points system. The main problem is that nobody can be bothered.

Edited by ben2talk
cut