A Retiree's Choice of Partner

On 21/5/2560 at 10:38 AM, henry15 said:

My   wife is 17 years my junior and I am in te same situation. Togheter 7 years, and this weer married 5 years. Its been 7 wonderful years.

Are you teaching her English................

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

You're right but with so many of these guys actively pursuing generation gap relationships with Thai women, the instances of bitter disappointment are bound to be higher.

Silly old men in denial of their true value on the dating marker tend to make foolish decisions with younger women who are very good at disguising their disgust between the sheets. 

Opting for women closer to their own age makes much more sense but they can't seem to get over the objections of their penises to older women.

I've long suspected some guys over here gravitate towards older Thai women not because there's necessarily any more compatibility or chemistry, but because they are terrified about being labelled as immoral for being with a younger woman. The social stigma of having a younger southeast Asian wife/girlfriend is so frightening to some Western men that an older woman provides a welcome shield of legitimacy against this taboo. But some of those guys wake up one morning next to a physically unappealing woman who they have less in common with than they might otherwise have had with another woman half his age. I suspect that if that ever happened to me, I would feel equally silly, wouldn't you? On the other hand, I've met some guys, fresh off the boat, who fell in love with a younger girl and are still going strong. I just think it's a very individual thing, and there's no one 'right' answer.

Edited by Gecko123

I have to say at 56 I'm the best man ever in many ways.  Especially how I treat a woman. 

I am the best lover of my life. 

Skill and stamina are peaked. 

I listen more.

I have more time to focus on the woman than ever. 

Granted I'm have more wrinkles and grey hair.   I don't have much of a beer belly but I have heard some Thai gals like them. I'm less selfish in all my actions and thinking than ever before. 

I'm more open minded than ever before and I am young enough not to be a grump.  

24 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I have to say at 56 I'm the best man ever in many ways.  Especially how I treat a woman. 

I am the best lover of my life. 

Skill and stamina are peaked. 

I listen more.

I have more time to focus on the woman than ever. 

Granted I'm have more wrinkles and grey hair.   I don't have much of a beer belly but I have heard some Thai gals like them. I'm less selfish in all my actions and thinking than ever before. 

I'm more open minded than ever before and I am young enough not to be a grump.  

You forgot modest.

19 hours ago, Elkski said:

There are many divisions of men.   Let's say 6 age groups. 

20-30, 30-40, 40-50, 50-60, 60-70, 70+

Then you have those with or without endless cash. 

Those who lived a modest or extravagant lifestyle in home country.

Kids or not.  Etc

Those that want to rent it.

^ True True and this shows up on this forum regularly with the varying opinions.

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

'I've long suspected some guys over here gravitate towards older Thai women not because there's necessarily any more compatibility or chemistry, but because they are terrified about being labelled as immoral for being with a younger woman.

^ I have to say that is utter nonsense. Its has nothing to do with immoral. Compatibility at 50,60, 70 plus with a late 20 year old in a country where the maturity and life skills is heavily shunted compared to where the foreigner used to live and probably the greater majority cannot speak Thai?? Why do we dance around the truth. Foreigner men come here because they can connect with that young gal whether it be renting or some agreed upon relationship as there is no way in hell that could ever happen in their home country. Simple fact.

I see hundreds of "girls" (sorry but they are not women yet) and listen to them talk, behave, giggle, laugh, play on their smartphones, dress etc during break and lunch. You are going to tell me that  a foreigner at 50+ can find this to be compatible?  Honestly I suspect that most of those girls have extremely low expectations and the men are so desperate to be wanted by a girl they dumb themselves down ( we call that delusional). Its has nothing to do with compatibility. Its about foreigner men needing an EGO stroke and a young Thai girl looking to better herself working under the premise that western men here at stacked with cash (generally speaking)

Edited by JAFO

On 5/21/2017 at 1:21 AM, giddyup said:

Blue hair and bingo arms, no thanks.

A sixty year old lady is like the center of Australia, everyone knows where it is but nobody wants to go there.

It's all relative.  A 60 yr old woman  may seem really nice to an 84 yr old male?? To each his own.  I have talked to two widowers who were super happy with their farang marriages to 17&28 yr older men.    I am 56 and not the leasing type.  Yet, Maybe never.  I seem to go for 40-45 year olds.  One 32 yr old caught my eye but 2 kids under 3 crushes any long term ideas I had. I never seem to be attracted to 18-30.  I do have two 20 something daughters.  

Last night on Thai Cupid I did an experiment and set the search for different age groups.  I selected Thailand as country, black hair, slim, athetic, and average body types, under 120#.   I looked at 3 groups.  Maybe 400 gals in each.  I looked for their stated age range.  First observation is there are not many working girls on this dating site  based on sexy clothing and tattoos as well as no solicitations in the words.

In 20-25 there were maybe 5% who selected up to a 57 yr  man.  A couple probably just randomly put in 40-80 as a broad range when they joined .  Maybe not putting that much thought into it it knowing that the man can see this. It's actually not easy where to go to edit this initial input.   I would say 35 is avg top age this group looks for. Or 13 years okder on average.  

Next is 25-30 and not that much different but maybe 8-10% list up to 57.  One thing to note I saw many listing 22 as lower age. Dame French guy has all these women dreaming.  This really may hurt our cause guys.  In gal I spoke to even used this live affair as a romantic example.  I said but she was married and he was her student.   That's ok?   Dam world we live on.   Last in the 30-35 afe range it is a big increase to 15-20% that list at least 57. I think because they are feeling desperate?

Other observations is that my attraction rate goes up as they get older.  I realize this is a personal bias but even just trying to toss out my age bias and based on beautiful as I see it there are higher number of attractive women as they get older.  My theory is it's easier for younger gals  to meet others if they are attractive  then they don't require a dating site.  But for older , professional,  and mother's there isn't time nor place to turn.  Especially true if they live in the upcountry .  I really do to think the gals answer most questions to the best of their ability.  It may be Thai culture to answer official looking forms more honestly than a Washington politician?

I Say this because of how many seem to put their real weight and schooling levels in.  I base this also on so many who list only primary education.  There also a large number with masters and bachelor degrees.  I did read all the profiles that listed at least 57.  Only one asked for money.  She was 26 in last year at uni and ran out of money.  She had wide open age group.  Her words sounded more like crowd funding rather than solicitation. 

Edited by Elkski
Spelling

I don't think what I said is modest.  I never said I was or am attractive.   I never said anything about my body other than my beer belly is in control.  Meaning I can suck it in for extended periods of time.  

I hope all men and women become better at relationships and sex as they get older.  I have tried so many hobbies in my life but I feel Women deserve the first spot in my life as I age.  I can look back and see I may have been a selfish lover, more selfish in general.  I now get my most happiness by seeing the  joy, pleasure, and happiness I can give a woman.  I also have more financial and time resources to share. 

Is this self refection of my growth modest?

17 hours ago, JAFO said:

^ True True and this shows up on this forum regularly with the varying opinions.

^ I have to say that is utter nonsense. Its has nothing to do with immoral. Compatibility at 50,60, 70 plus with a late 20 year old in a country where the maturity and life skills is heavily shunted compared to where the foreigner used to live and probably the greater majority cannot speak Thai?? Why do we dance around the truth. Foreigner men come here because they can connect with that young gal whether it be renting or some agreed upon relationship as there is no way in hell that could ever happen in their home country. Simple fact.

I see hundreds of "girls" (sorry but they are not women yet) and listen to them talk, behave, giggle, laugh, play on their smartphones, dress etc during break and lunch. You are going to tell me that  a foreigner at 50+ can find this to be compatible?  Honestly I suspect that most of those girls have extremely low expectations and the men are so desperate to be wanted by a girl they dumb themselves down ( we call that delusional). Its has nothing to do with compatibility. Its about foreigner men needing an EGO stroke and a young Thai girl looking to better herself working under the premise that western men here at stacked with cash (generally speaking)

This 

I don't think what I said is modest.  I never said I was or am attractive.   I never said anything about my body other than my beer belly is in control.  Meaning I can suck it in for extended periods of time.  
I hope all men and women become better at relationships and sex as they get older.  I have tried so many hobbies in my life but I feel Women deserve the first spot in my life as I age.  I can look back and see I may have been a selfish lover, more selfish in general.  I now get my most happiness by seeing the  joy, pleasure, and happiness I can give a woman.  I also have more financial and time resources to share. 
Is this self refection of my growth modest?

Five times a night for most of the chaps on here, is the amount of the times they go for a pee..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, lanng khao said:

Five times a night for most of the chaps on here, is the amount of the times they go for a pee.

Yes a smidgen of humour there. Like it!! Try cranberry wine!!

On a serious note; I make love to the wife on average 47 times a month. Because we have our 'agreement' each entry* costs me about 430 Baht. As I get older my views on sex are changing. I agree with Elkski about looking after the woman's pleasure first.

11 hours ago, Elkski said:

get my most happiness by seeing the  joy,  pleasure, and happiness I can give a woman.

I timed myself making love to the wife last night; 2 hours 45 minutes 10 seconds (quicker than last time I got out the stopwatch). Yes Elkski; quality over quantity. Always works. BUT!! If we combine the two!!??

* I give the wife 20k spending money. BUT! This is paid out by dividing how many times we have sex in the month. So after each session I pay her the dosh. Simple maths 20k divided by 47 equals 426 Baht. Sometimes I give her a few baht more, as in 430 Baht, just to let her know it's a good deal

Edited by owl sees all
inappropriate content

I timed myself making love to the wife last night; 2 hours 45 minutes 10 seconds (quicker than last time I got out the stopwatch). Yes Elkski; quality over quantity. Always works. BUT!! If we combine the two!!??

* I give the wife 20k spending money. BUT! This is paid out by dividing how many times we have sex in the month. So after each session I pay her the dosh. Simple maths 20k divided by 47 equals 426 Baht. Sometimes I give her a few baht more, as in 430 Baht, just to let her know it's a good deal

One ex of mine branded me the most selfish lover ever, just because I use to put those ribbed condoms on inside out...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

On 2017-5-21 at 4:38 AM, giddyup said:

Must be sad to be on your own and unloved, but then some people are totally unlovable because of the bitterness they carry inside. You keep on believing the lies the bar skanks tell you, like you do have a big d*ck, not the cashew nut you really have.

Never saw this. 1 woman man mate never been in a bar with skanks I'll take your word for it though. Nothing bitter just seems clear to me that If some people are going to harbour such thoughts about western women of a certain age then you would be an absolute fool to think a Thai woman somewhat younger than her spouse would not think otherwise too. Reality bites.