• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting you mentioned 
because we like to know what do colors mean in water? "water coloring"
I want to know what dodgy looking mean also brown colored and greenish mean etc.

You can't work it out for yourself?

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, JSixpack said:

n1-Labor1.jpg.f2049aee4b5207e1a8fd1791801116d5.jpg

Couple years ago and all are dead now.

Bull.  

I saw that 3rd guy from the left in hospital just last week.  He's lost a few fingers from his right hand and a couple of feet of his bowels, but they expect him to go back to a semi-productive life.

That's if his GoFundMe campaign comes up with the $$$ to pay his hospital bill.

So, the Phuket News says the water in Pattaya is awful so come to Phuket and spend your money here.

This could get good if Pattaya One fires one back at Phuket.

Did you read the article, I suspect not!

Speaking after a meeting with state agencies, Chanutthaphong Sriwiset, the Pattaya City clerk, said the authorities were working together to figure out how to address the problem of sea water quality in Pattaya which he admitted has deteriorated over the past few years.

The meeting was held Monday (June 20) at Pattaya City Hall and attended by representatives from the Pollution Control Department (PCD), the Office of Natural Resources and Environmental Policy and Planning and the Regional Environmental Office 13 in Chon Buri.

According to Thanapong Rattanawutthinun, of the Chon Buri provincial office of Natural Resources and Environment who also attended the meeting, the coastal water quality in the Laem Chabang area, known for its industrial estates, was considered to be “very polluted”, while the sea water near central Pattaya beaches was deemed “poor”.

Water quality near Na Kleau in North Pattaya, South Pattaya, Lan Island and Jomtien Beach was “fairly good”.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Most of them are Thais. They can swim in the Chao Phrya and survive, so a bit of sewage isn't going to affect them in Pattaya. 

The usual racism only makes your case with our bigots. Chivas just said that he swims. I saw quite a few farangs out swimming this past high season. Should have taken a pic to counter the party line. I would imagine many were Russian and probably have pretty good lines of communication nowadays so that if any were being affected, or had been affected in recent years, it would be known to them. I would doubt they or anyone else rates the water quality as "good" but one of the lies continually repeated here is that there's no beach and nobody can swim.

31 minutes ago, tprender said:

Did you read the article, I suspect not!

Sure I did.  And, the original article was even reprinted from one in the Bangkok Post.

But since when did republishing the truth fall outside the defamation laws?  As I recall, there's a Euro reporter in quite a bit of a bother over re-publishing the truth about a fruit company.

Pattaya could make a pretty good case that it has damaged their spotless reputation and hurt their tourism.

And then it could get good...

Edited by impulse

Maybe the brown stuff is what Londoners used to call Thames Trout!

Yes and the Northerners call them Mersey trout....but here they call it "algae bloom"
1495456525432.jpg

what are you on about ????  you asked some bizarre quesion about my eye and ear  ??

You said, that when swimming you keep your mouth closed. So I asked you about your eyes and ears!

have swam sea in many places including cambodia, vietnam etc. which seemed ok waterwise

pattaya was just not an option after i first saw the water. did not even bother to do a test run or check the water up close. but my condo has a great rooftop pool so that made things easier.

beach scene in general in pattaya seems sketchy. did do some climbing on the rocks, but not about to venture out there in trunks for sunbathing or play in the sand. also not keen on paying to sit in a row of chairs. not my scene.

try samui or tarutau

Oh, that's right! That's why my GF wasn't talking with me at friday. Because she spent 2 hours at Jomtien under water to treat her head rash. And I expressed consern, that her head will fall off first, before it will treat her rash. (Which meant, that I wish her death). At saturday it was because I had dream about crocodile. And I expressed my doubt, that I was visited in my dream by her reincarated brother. At sunday it was because I had dream about motocycle. And since motocycle is 1 word and has 4 syllables, it was her brother telling me, that we should make a bet in lottery at 14. At which I expressed my consern... .

Why she's not talking to me today again? :sleepy:

But back to topic, that water is really gross. At friday I was standing there with water up to my ankles, when my sunglasses felt down. We then spent next 2 minutes trying to find them in that water.