Far fewer Brits coming to Thailand - but they are behaving much worse

webfact

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well apart from the back packers, Thailand now seems to be the chosen destination for stag parties and lad's holidays. Especially when it comes to Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket. Most other adult aged Brits have been to Thailand and it's very much done that and got the t-shirt.  It is as cheap to come to Thailand for Brits as going to Ibiza, and there are easier accessed sex, drugs and cheap booze.

39 minutes ago, chainarong said:

I don't know about the brits but behavior right across the board in Thailand has slowly gone south over the past two decades, I wouldn't worry to much about your visitors I'd be more concerned with your rebellious youth. ...............................................:coffee1:

But that's a sign of the times, based on my most recent visit to the UK two months ago I would say the UK should be very very concerned at the state of its rebellious and increasingly frequent violent youth.

47 minutes ago, captspectre said:

haven't seen a "hundred" different nationalities, in the whole of thailand. what is the word "shed?" also the brits stand out because of their cockney accent, their dressing like homeless, their loud profane mouth! just sit at a bar on soi four and watch and listen! 

So all Brits have cockney accents? I think you'll find that a cockney accent derives from Londoners of English decent. And what do you expect spending your time hanging around up market places like Soi 4? Hardly the venue of choice if you are looking for a sophisticated night out is it. :sleep:

2 hours ago, smotherb said:

That's because of all the guns in the US

Careful, your denial bias is showing. The UK government sources appear to be Brit embassy and consulate data for reported Brit deaths, hospitalizations, rape charges, other sexual offenses, and sundry arrests and conviction stats all around the world. It’s the TV sources that may rely on Thai entry-exit data.

7 minutes ago, InTransit said:

So all Brits have cockney accents? I think you'll find that a cockney accent derives from Londoners of English decent. And what do you expect spending your time hanging around up market places like Soi 4? Hardly the venue of choice if you are looking for a sophisticated night out is it. :sleep:

From this report it doesn't appear you would likely encounter any Brits on a sophisticated night out.

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

Also it said 65 million trips abroad from UK people. The fact that there is about 60 million people in the UK I find that number quite high.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You need to check your facts on numbers now in the UK

So a Brit can only go abroad once a year according to you, this is not LOS you know

Some Brits go 5 to 6 times ayear to timeshare in Spain and the USA +, some others never leave, but business trips also count

Figures look bad for that neck of the woods as no border runs are in the stats

As for knowing figures you would be surprised just what info they have and how they get it, All flights leaving UK have the name of the person leaving and end destination and return date.Then its run to check you out. Just remember this GCHQ could if they wanted to listen to your phone in LOS.

I said many times on here I thought Brits here where fewer, but one thing is for sure deaths here are to high.

Could it be that Brits have fallen out of love with this place hence lower numbers.

6 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Totally false stats I suspect.  Previously there were a lot more border crossings for new arrivals than there is now (where people are being forced to use real visas for long stays - and even a visa exempt entry can last 2 months now).

Careful, your denial bias is showing. The UK government sources appear to be Brit embassy and consulate data for reported Brit deaths, hospitalizations, rape charges, other sexual offenses, drug charges, and sundry arrests and conviction stats all around the world. It’s the TV sources that may rely on Thai entry-exit data.

1 hour ago, captspectre said:

haven't seen a "hundred" different nationalities, in the whole of thailand. what is the word "shed?" also the brits stand out because of their cockney accent, their dressing like homeless, their loud profane mouth! just sit at a bar on soi four and watch and listen! 

Oh come on.....if you don't get it that "a hundred" is loosely saying "lot's of" and a "shed" load is also "lot's of", then I'm not gonna waste any more time on your racist comments. Where are you from, planet Zorb? That must be where they all think they are God's gift to Earth and that their turds don't stink. My last word is "Knob". Look that one up in Wikipedia.

Edited by Catkiwi
punctuation

1 hour ago, jamie2009 said:

We went down this road the other week, no check of passports when you leave the  UK and I can't see the Thai Authorities telling the Brits how many arrived, they probably don't have a system to distinguish nationalities.

Jamie

You must be joking with what happened last night No one moves here in or out without the checks, next time you use a UK airport have a look at those watching you, but most is done before you even get to the airport.

No check on passports?

You Must have been a special case, no passport no travel as even the airline check you have a visa and passport is valid over 6 months, because if you do not then they have to pay for your return.

Diplomatic immunity and again passport has to be shown

So are you saying in your case no passport was shown ?

7 hours ago, halloween said:

Either the UK visitors are behaving much worse, or there had been a much higher level of drug law enforcement, which itself may be an indication the BIB are less likely to accept a bribe rather than enforce the law. 

What could have caused a change in BIB behaviour since 2013?

Then the figures would have risen on average for all nations.....not just the UK?

2 hours ago, jamie2009 said:

We went down this road the other week, no check of passports when you leave the  UK and I can't see the Thai Authorities telling the Brits how many arrived, they probably don't have a system to distinguish nationalities.

I have never been down any road with you and don't intend to. I doubt that you will legally get out of any country without showing your passport. It's the first thing you have to show at check in and immigration. Also, the Thai immigration seem a bit backward and don't smile much but I wouldn't bet on them not collecting information on everyone coming in.

8 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

These tattooed idiots swanning over from Europe flashing their cash around like they own the place will surely get what's coming to them.

God help us, another one from planet Zorb...that's it I'm out of here. See you tomorrow!

7 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

These tattooed idiots swanning over from Europe flashing their cash around like they own the place will surely get what's coming to them.

Jealousy is a bad thing and often used by those with a lower IQ from the 3rd world where education has not arrived as yet

13 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Jamie

You must be joking with what happened last night No one moves here in or out without the checks, next time you use a UK airport have a look at those watching you, but most is done before you even get to the airport.

No check on passports?

You Must have been a special case, no passport no travel as even the airline check you have a visa and passport is valid over 6 months, because if you do not then they have to pay for your return.

Diplomatic immunity and again passport has to be shown

So are you saying in your case no passport was shown ?

"No one moves here in or out without the checks, next time you use a UK airport have a look at those watching you,".

It's always been that way, my ex was ground staff with BA at LHR for twenty plus years and she would recant tales of security service surveillance exploits that I ignored initially. After flying back and forth between China and London and other locations for a few years, I began to notice the men in grey suits paired at the end of the gangway, - if that's what it was in the 1990's, goodness knows what it must be like today.

A number of posts removed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Any more "Brit bashing" and frankly offensive remarks, will be dealt with harshly.

How are these statistics on number of visitors being counted? If it is the stats from the Thai immigration, in the light of severe restrictions on "visa runners," the chances are that there are approximately the same number of Brits living in the Kingdom but they have found another way of dealing with the visa issues other than doing visa runs. In other words, those old enough have opted for retirement; some have found an employer; some have found a spouse. Everyone can find a way to stay in Thailand legally if they really want to and with relatively little expense.

9 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

oh really you must come from the land of the polite then?  'personally' I find your post devoid of articulation or facts

Yes and it seems strange to use a Brit acters picture as an avatar when you dislike them so much! 

The retirees is an important - three of my late dad's friends died on the bowling green - bending down holding heavy bowls whilst in advanced years. Thailand and yougish ladies would no doubt have even a more profound effect.

Statistically bowls is the most dangerous sport going.
Far more people die whilst playing bowls than die whilst playing any other sport.

Statistics...

A post commentung on Moderation has been removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

You will not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

8 hours ago, sanemax said:

The Visa exempt stamp was previously for 15 days , I stayed for a year on those stamps , so, I would had been as entering Thailand 26 times that year

Wow you must live close to the border for that.

It is over 18 months since I last came to Thailand from the UK. It is nothing to do with crime issues I stopped coming. Its the antiquated laws on top of more antiquated laws, that are designed to in-flicked total harassment on all foreigners, with endless bureaucracy. Having been to many countries over many years and the sense of freedom to do what ever you want within the law in many countries. The only way to describe the law in Thailand is Thai Gestapoism. The things that are most attractive about Thailand is not its culture, but the weather and reasonable prices in the large stores. They think tourists are Buddha's gift to Thailand. The Buddha if he reincarnated back to Thailand today, he would be totally shocked at the corrupt greed that runs through its society. In many countries tourists get special discounts (If there is a price in National Parks tourists are likely to get a discount, but not in Thailand). In Thailand it is let us create a law to rip off the tourists. The TAT expects tourist numbers to double by 2030. It will never happen as they will not have the population to serve such a large growth, unless they change their employment laws and allow foreigners to participate in the economic cycle of Thailand. Including the right to own land, which Thais are allow to do in many countries, with some of their large business owners (Leicester Football Club, Reading Football Club, Red Bull plus thousands of small businesses).  

I suspect that in truth the number of relevant incidents really hasn't changed all that much (notwithstanding statistical manipulation & reporting practices); it's just a constant being divided by an overall smaller number of Brits, who Thailand quite effectively started disincentivizing and running off many years ago.  'Could probably claim the same for Aussies, Americans, Germans or most any other western group.  'Just another talking point on the xenophobic roadmap.