Thaivisa firm freezes my Firefox browser

alocacoc

Can't use Thaivisa anymore on my Firefox browser. The browser is freezing for 1-2 minutes. Started today. Other websites are ok.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nobody?

No probs for me on FF.....[emoji2]

Download 10bit Advanced System Care free, let it scan and see what happens...[emoji2]

Yesterday it was fine. TV must have changed something.

2 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Yesterday it was fine. TV must have changed something.

Not my end, in fact the site is quick today...Run that scan, you may be lucky...

Yes, same here. Yesterday OK, today FF is not responding and locks up on Thai Visa forum. I have switched to Chrome til I find out what the problem is.

Thank you. So it's not only me. Hope TV find the solution soon. CCleaner and Io bit system care didn't help.

When I disable the add-on NoScript, TV works again. But this extension I use for safety reason.

26 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

Yes, same here. Yesterday OK, today FF is not responding and locks up on Thai Visa forum. I have switched to Chrome til I find out what the problem is.

Do you also have installed this add-on?

Edited by alocacoc

1 hour ago, alocacoc said:

Nobody?

Me!

I have reported on another channel (not public).

In the meantime I have completey "reset" FF and installed only three essential add-ons (noscr. being one).

With that it works again.

Other sites (more than a dozen started before TV) didn't have a problem.

Looks like a change in TV combined with some add-on.

You could send my your list of add-ons that you have installed as a PM.

(don't want to discuss it publicly)

Me!
I have reported on another channel (not public).
In the meantime I have completey "reset" FF and installed only three essential add-ons (noscr. being one).
With that it works again.

Other sites (more than a dozen started before TV) didn't have a problem.

Looks like a change in TV combined with some add-on.
You could send my your list of add-ons that you have installed as a PM.
(don't want to discuss it publicly)

For me is definitely the noscript add on. Either I disable the add on or I block Thaivisa script. Then it works again.

1 hour ago, Digitalbanana said:
2 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Nobody?

Thank God it's not just me!

I'll go and do some gardening for while and see what's what afterwards...

Just now, Digitalbanana said:

Not fixed for me unless I completely disable NoScript.

Interesting. NoScript is enabled and Thaivisa.com script as well for me. And it works nice. Hope it will get fixed for you too.

1 hour ago, alocacoc said:

Just happen again for me. May be they still work on it. An update from the TV Team would be nice.

You originally opened a thread in the support forum, but then opened the same thread here. So now you'll need to email them at support @ thaivisa . com  if you want their feedback.

You'll need to be a little more descriptive with the issue, so, state

- the OS Version, Browser Type and Version

the browser Extension you believe is conflicting

- the 'issue' you're experiencing (description of what occurs - or doesn't occur - for you),

- ...and what browser/extension settings are needed to duplicate the issue (e.g.: extension use 'enabled' or 'disabled', or enabled with website 'whitelisted', etc), 

- ...and if the issue is repeatable; under what conditions, or how many page refresh occurrences). 

- also point to this thread and let them know other members are have stated similar issues.

As this involves discussion of a script-blocking extension, some finesse is warranted. But if the extension is turned off, or ThaiVisa url is whitelisted then it's an issue that shouldn't occur and should be researched for recent contributing factors and practical solutions. 

After reproducing at my site and member alocacoc the trigger is identified.

It's a combination of having add-on noscript and "facebook.net" allowed/white-listed.

It's enough to have thaivisa.com allowed and switching facebook.net to allowed to freeze TV.

As I have not changed the configuration before noticing the problem on Tuesday morning, May 23 "something else" must have changed.

Member alocacoc described that he tried to use logon with FB (?) to TV which throws some "under development, no access" message.

If the discussion is unwanted in the public area we can move that.

Windows 10 Pro, V 1607, Firefox 53.0.3, Noscript 5.0.4

All 32bit on a desktop PC.

On 5/23/2017 at 2:15 PM, crystal sauce said:

You must hate google otherwise why not use Chrome.

I found Chrome to be unreliable, slows down a lot and sometimes stops completely, with a notice coming up saying  " not responding", and now have changed to Opera. What a difference. I only keep Chrome because my IDM downloader will not work on YouTube on Opera.

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I found Chrome to be unreliable, slows down a lot and sometimes stops completely, with a notice coming up saying  " not responding", and now have changed to Opera. What a difference. I only keep Chrome because my IDM downloader will not work on YouTube on Opera.

What windows version are you using?

17 minutes ago, crystal sauce said:

What windows version are you using?

Windows 64 bit, I have put Opera as my default only two days ago, and yet Chrome says they are my default browser.

Also, Chromium has made an appearance now (I assume they are part of Chrome), I have tried to uninstall it using the 

control panel, and it refuses to go, although it actually tells me it is uninstalling. I can never really begin to understand computers.

Luckysite123.com has now appeared in my Chrome opening page, I never asked for it, have never even heard of it, and no one else ever uses my computer.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Windows 64 bit, I have put Opera as my default only two days ago, and yet Chrome says they are my default browser.

Also, Chromium has made an appearance now (I assume they are part of Chrome), I have tried to uninstall it using the 

control panel, and it refuses to go, although it actually tells me it is uninstalling. I can never really begin to understand computers.

Luckysite123.com has now appeared in my Chrome opening page, I never asked for it, have never even heard of it, and no one else ever uses my computer.

I believe Opera is Chrome without gizmo's....Download 10Bit uninstaller free. It will get rid of any stuff...When it finishes do the powerful uninstall, easy to understand when on screen ...