A Little Whinge About Air Asia

jingjoe

I just happened to look up the same flight, I booked and paid for several months ago, for travel from KUL to HAN in January.

Without even an email warning from Air Asia, the standard departure time has changed from 09:30 to 15:00.

LC carrier or not, that kind of oversight is unacceptable.

I suggest any others in this boat might be well advised to check for themselves if the flight schedule has changed.

FYI :o

I just happened to look up the same flight, I booked and paid for several months ago, for travel from KUL to HAN in January.

Without even an email warning from Air Asia, the standard departure time has changed from 09:30 to 15:00.

LC carrier or not, that kind of oversight is unacceptable.

I had the same thing happen to me earlier this year with an AirAsia BKK-PEN flight (a twelve-hour schedule change). The changed timing would have caused me a missed connection in Bangkok as I was arriving BKK from Chiang Mai. AirAsia couldn't have been more accommodating regarding making changes. In fact, I wound up canceling both CNX-BKK and BKK-PEN legs and re-booking using their then new CNX-KUL flight with a KUL-PEN connecting flight.

This happens with the big carriers, too. A couple years ago THAI screwed me up on a Mumbai-BKK flight. They changed the schedule with no notice whatsoever from them, even with having spoken to them twice on the phone while I was in India. Missed my onwards connection to Chiang Mai.

Edited by ovenman

My AirAsia flight from BKK to SG broke down on the runway a few months back, we were shuttled back into the terminal and made to wait for 6 hours before a replacement plane could be used.

I still had to complain and argue to get them to change my return flight back to Bangkok, even though they had messed up my plans for that day (visa change).

• 3 weeks later...