Iconic American Harley Davidson Motorcycles to be Made in Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, leeneeds said:

for those that drop the bike and can not pick it up,

a free 24 hr number , plus sold with leggings  to keep the slight in the saddle at high speed,

option to come with mini ape hangers for the gravity affected,

go quick no stop, suit the thai riders to a Tee,

Also recommended, streamers on the end of handlebars and/or frilled leather jacket. Stops birds landing on you when you're "cruising".

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, grumbleweed said:

Do you want my address, or are you just another "all shirt and no trousers" super hero?

Like the selfie GW.

You've just proved with your school-yard comment that you have no brain. 

Acting the tough guy here with insinuated threats shows you up. 

You really need to ... Grow up.

Edited by harleyclarkey

9 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

What I've seen of these things here is that they're used as treatment for "Little Dick Syndrome"

Anti social to say the least "I have an inferiority complex but my machine is louder than yours"

I cant disagree with you enough..please don't confuse a true Harley Davidson (which is a piece of art worth 500 thousand and up) to a 125 wave with a little thai boy driving who has just spent his gf's money on a new muffler....

22 minutes ago, halloween said:

Also recommended, streamers on the end of handlebars and/or frilled leather jacket. Stops birds landing on you when you're "cruising".

I thought they were so you could tell if you're actually moving or not.

3 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Harley Davidson Bikes

Loud armchairs,   for old men in Thailand.  :coffee1:

The last time someone said something like that about my old Pontiac I coxed him into it for a short spin....

When we got back he had a rather white complexion and l reckon needed a change of underwear......:stoner:

24 minutes ago, transam said:

The last time someone said something like that about my old Pontiac I coxed him into it for a short spin....

When we got back he had a rather white complexion and l reckon needed a change of underwear......:stoner:

haha

6 hours ago, RigPig said:

Well I have riden my Night Train ALL around Thailand and it never EVER missed a heart beat, and it was far more comfortable than ANY Jap bike over that distance, horses for courses I guess,  But PLEASE don't make silly comments about something you know NOTHING about...

Ho ho ho It seems you do know the truth but won't admit it.5555

12 hours ago, mok199 said:

''made in Thailand ''models will sell for thousands less than the American made, this is to market a cheaper line to the poorer buyer ,as did fender guitars ,with the made in japan, korea and mexico models...these bike will always be know as '''Thailand harleys''..it will only increase the value of the true American models...

Gibson parts are made in china but the prices of Gibson USA and epiphones are still as high if not more expensive than what it used to be. 

I dont see a quality drop in Gibson USA but as for epiphones that are MIC compared to previous Japan and Korean models are shit... lol

Anyways I dont think Harleys will be dropping their prices just because it is made in Thailand. 

Nothing unusual here.  Toyota has plants all over the world especially in countries where they have a large market share like the US, pickups in Thailand etc.  Thing is, Harley's are a niche product for the wealthy and Thailand is notorious for motor vehicle deaths and guess who tops it?  Motorcycles.  The rich aren't gonna take risks so they put their Harley's on the back of trucks and go for Khao Yai leisure rumbles to feel cool and then go back in the safety of their luxury super cars.  It will be interesting to see how much prices fall and whether they can expand their markets in Asia especially China.  HDMC lover's will probably benefit ever so slightly as the government needs to fill their coffers.

Edited by smileydude

The farang "motorbike" gangs ain't gonna be happy as the resale value of their hogs just plummeted......new members will be happy though as they can buy in a a brand new locally manufactured one.....this could lead to a strategic political division amongst said groups of the old boys and the new boys, not to mention the fat boys.

1 hour ago, bangkokairportlink said:

So lucky us ! More ridiculous VERY noisy motorbikes in the street driven by long haired ugly and dirty people !

And all Thai people look the same too?  A VERY out dated stereo type, there are more corperate people riding Harley's than ever these days!!

Edited by RigPig
spelling mistake

Wont admit what? That the Harley is a great cruiser?

Well I don't rate any bike for that. I did Ko Chang, Hua Hin... The second time I went there, I took the car or train and rented a local bike. I certainly do not wish to spend more than two or three hours sitting on any bike in this country, with the GSX are, at least I knew I had a very comfortable 200 cruising speed on tap when roads permitted...

Cars are much more comfortable for cruising and much more convenient for traveling in general... they are also cheaper than Harley's and you can take a designated driver if you want to go out for a drink.

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

So will they make a new model for the short thai drivers? I've seen it plenty times now, their legs are too short for a harley or ducati.

It will be a very low rider i guess.

They are bringing out a "Street 500" (and already have a 750), which i suspect is what they will manufacture here.  I suffer from "Ducks Disease" myself but don't have a problem with either of my bikes, I installed adjustable air shocks on the Night Train and the Heritage is already low enough, so it's not such a problem as you may think...

And all Thai people look the same too?  A VERY out dated stereo type, there are more corperate people riding Harley's than ever these days!!

Best hide with your spelling if you wish to promote a positive stereotype. Best stick with words like "Friendly" "Community". Go back and watch Vanishing Point again, and then you find out that it was always cars for long distances.

I have ridden bikes since '81 and have generally been extremely tolerant of all brands of machinery and people.

The first cracks you notice work with all of the 'angels and official bike club people is that generally, when they went to hard to get into trouble or do some of the kind of Business, they would take their bikes home and get the cars and vans out.

The guys with the better bike will slow down and tolerate a few slower riders in the group, but the heavyweight cruisers we're just too impractical to try to hustle around country roads. Indeed, they did not seem very suitable for any kind of road which was not better suited to driving in the car.

If you want to go for a ride up into the Scottish Highlands, better off doing it on a proper touring bike or a sports bike, do not take your Harley!

4 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

Well I don't rate any bike for that. I did Ko Chang, Hua Hin... The second time I went there, I took the car or train and rented a local bike. I certainly do not wish to spend more than two or three hours sitting on any bike in this country, with the GSX are, at least I knew I had a very comfortable 200 cruising speed on tap when roads permitted...

Cars are much more comfortable for cruising and much more convenient for traveling in general... they are also cheaper than Harley's and you can take a designated driver if you want to go out for a drink.

So your not into bikes? Fair emough but PLEASE don't knock those that are!  If you prefer a cage that's your choice, but not mine.  The ride into Sakohn Nakohn was one of the best I have ever had!!!  When you road a bike you wanted to do 200Kmh (120 Mph), not smart IMO, there are not many roads in the world safe to do that speed, probably just as well you gave bikes up huh?  Can't sit on a bike for a broken 6 hour trip, well it's obviously not your scene.  But PLEASE DON'T knock those that do enjoy it.  And the Night Train will do 200 Kmh without straining.....  And I have scraped the pegs on occasion....

Horses for courses, but just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean others can't!

3 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

Best hide with your spelling if you wish to promote a positive stereotype. Best stick with words like "Friendly" "Community". Go back and watch Vanishing Point again, and then you find out that it was always cars for long distances.

I have ridden bikes since '81 and have generally been extremely tolerant of all brands of machinery and people.

The first cracks you notice work with all of the 'angels and official bike club people is that generally, when they went to hard to get into trouble or do some of the kind of Business, they would take their bikes home and get the cars and vans out.

The guys with the better bike will slow down and tolerate a few slower riders in the group, but the heavyweight cruisers we're just too impractical to try to hustle around country roads. Indeed, they did not seem very suitable for any kind of road which was not better suited to driving in the car.

If you want to go for a ride up into the Scottish Highlands, better off doing it on a proper touring bike or a sports bike, do not take your Harley!

Lets just agree to disagree, I have been riding since 74/75 and still am!  What the "Angels" or any other so called 1%er club has to do with Harley making bikes in Thailand is anyones guess.....

It's not "My cup of tea"!