Australia - Nauru refugee quietly arrives

geovalin

The Australian government has quietly transferred another refugee from Nauru to Cambodia, the Kingdom’s refugee director confirmed this week.

The man, who fled war-torn Syria, was sent from the island detention centre of Nauru to Phnom Penh before Khmer New Year, according to General Tan Sovichea, head of the Interior Ministry’s Refugee Department.

The Syrian man was one of two refugees who had expressed interest in relocating to the Kingdom in recent months. But Sovichea said on Tuesday that the second man had in the end “changed his mind”.

read more http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national

phnom_penh_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phenom Pen Post 25/05

6 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

yea it is. australia just upped the number of refugees per year to 30 000. mate in melbourne was just saying the sudanese ones are making problems.

30 000 lol. You call that immigration! Lol. You have a continent as well to fill up not an island like the UK. 

7 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

yea it is. australia just upped the number of refugees per year to 30 000. mate in melbourne was just saying the sudanese ones are making problems.

That's legal immigrants, no more boats.

1 minute ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

30 000 lol. You call that immigration! Lol. You have a continent as well to fill up not an island like the UK. 

If you look at how much is habitable there's probably not a lot more than the UK. Not everyone could live in a place like Coober Pedy.

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

If I recollect my history lessons Australia was always described as an Island continent.

The locals are taught that. Where as everywhere else, Australia is considered 1 of the 7 world continents, the smallest if I remember correctly. I take it you are local? But iether way , island/continent whatever . Lol