Fly tippers caught red handed dumping rubbish in Pattaya

webfact

Fly tippers caught red handed dumping rubbish in Pattaya

8pm.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

PATTAYA: -- A contingent of municipal workers, soldiers and police laid in wait behind Lotus in North Pattaya yesterday hoping to catch fly ippers dumping trash.

They didn't have to wait long before a Bangkok plate six-wheeler arrived and started unloading its consignment of rubbish, reported Sophon Cable TV on Facebook.

Three people were arrested and claimed they were just contractors acting on behalf of a hotel.

Pattaya municipality spokesman Pinit Maneerat said that his team were acting on orders from Pattaya mayor Anan Charoenchasri to get tough and clean up the resort.

Those dumping the trash face a fine of 2,000 baht in court under littering ordinances, said Pinit, while an investigation is underway to find who ordered the dumping of the trash.

They too may face prosecution.

The six-wheeler was taken into evidence.

Source: Sophon Cable

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-25

Do we have a hotline number to reach enforcement? Would they respond? I have photos of dumping & license plate numbers in the pics on  more than daily basis off 2nd road Jomtien. I have considered buying paintballs, etc....

Haven't called the cops before as that would just be waste of my SIM top up

i think this problem is wide spread in Cha-am there is a road that seems to be dedicated to fly tipping even though there is a land fill site at the other end of the road.

it saddens me to see this. i bet these fly tippers piss in there own bath water while having a bath

Edited by dieseldave1951

6 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Do we have a hotline number to reach enforcement? Would they respond? I have photos of dumping & license plate numbers in the pics on  more than daily basis off 2nd road Jomtien. I have considered buying paintballs, etc....

Start by name and shame them online it seems to be the only way to get things done.

13 hours ago, Emster23 said:

I would suggest you post the information anonymously to try and minimize the chances of reprisal against you.  Print out the photos, date and time them, drop it in the post

14 hours ago, dieseldave1951 said:

i think this problem is wide spread in Cha-am there is a road that seems to be dedicated to fly tipping even though there is a land fill site at the other end of the road.

it saddens me to see this. i bet these fly tippers piss in there own bath water while having a bath

I dont fly tip ,but then :shock1: the other thing happens to the best of us .

20 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Make it  20,000 fine,  or he will just carry on doing it.

boss will pay :coffee1:

Just for the first catch.
If catched again 1.000.000 Baht were the right penalty plus confiscation of the truck.

On 25/05/2017 at 2:13 PM, joepattaya1961 said:

Dumping it on one of the many dumping sites around town will cost THB 100

I don't think they are "official" dumping sites  just a place that lets you dump whatever on their land

lots of times its used as landfill to raise the land level  before building a condo. !!!

Are there any official dumping sites in the Pattaya area ????