Looking for good Real State Agents

sushyoshi

Good evening,

My wife and I are trying to sell a corner unit business building at route 118 for some time now.

Most agents we have tried have not been very helpful. Some ask for 3% commission on the sale value and that is fine, however I dont understand what they actually do to make my property sale. I have had one agent asking for 5% if they can sell within 3 months, and reducing until 3% after 6 month without selling. I asked them what are they going to do to sell my property and they said they would advertise online and put a sale sign on the building. That is exactly what I have already done, and then they told they would have to take out my sale sign (with my personal contact directly) and put theirs instead. I sincerely refused those terms since my building has a great visibility and what improvement would it be for the sale sign have the agent phone number instead of mine? It would be like the agent just sit and wait for phone calls without doing anything, when I can do the same and without an agent sell cheaper to the buyer.

Then there are other "freelance agents" who will find someone to buy my building and ask for 3% commission for the referral. I am fine with that as well since they seem to do the same work as a real agent (which is mostly nothing).

So my question is: Can anyone recommend me some good agents that are professional and have a good selling record who can sell my building fast? I am fine with the commission they take as long as its 5% or less. I just dont need an agent that the only work they do is to hang a sale sign with their phone number and wait. For that I have my own sign and any reasonable buyer would prefer to contact the seller directly.

from my experiences have found out  that Simon of Pefect Homes, and  Alice   of  My Chiangmai House the best to deal with, give them a google

and cobber  3% is the going rate, not 5 %, as for freelance agents steer clear of any farung  Freelance  agent is my advice, E/S would trust  a Thai anyday to a farung lurking in the background, also take into consideration that the market is in a Sh#tty condition  due to massive oversupply in all areas,plus other factors

the very best of luck,remember it only takes one

a jolly good morning to all

Edited by evenstevens

Take Evenstevens advice on a decent Agent,as he knows all kinds of agents,

There are a lot of agents that do very little to earn their commission,just the

other day a friend who has a house for rent,told me, the agent phoned the

maid of the house to show people around that he was sending,could not even

be bothered to come himself.

Just try and place your property with 2-3 different agents,and if you really want

to sell,try harder yourself,by posting on any free property sites,like ThaiVisa classifieds,

BahtSold, there are also Thai property sites,*,but you may need help posting,and that

maybe your best bet,as it's a commercial  property and Thais might be your target.

We  used to use agents to rent out our properties,but we found them to be pretty useless,

so just do it ourselves,get quicker results and save money. good luck.

* also Thai property news papers,usually free,but have not seen any offered for a while now.

How much are you trying to sell for ?,how many floors,etc?

regards Worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
add on

They don't exist.

I'm kinda thankful for that as I was once seriously in the market for a house here.

Due to their incompetence and general smoke and mirrors around buying a property here I opted out...which turned out to be the right decision as I bought back home where a huge upswing is taking place.

As someone who is; and has been for over 30 years now ( gawd Im getting old) , in the property business both commercial and residential I have to say that you don't present as a client that

any reputable agency would want to be honest. That is not meant as a flame so please dont take it as such. No-one in any industry who is worth their salt is going to agree to 

a situation where the outgoings involved don't have a chance of being recouped i.e. multiple agents doing the one job or the owner muddying the waters by staying involved. If you go to a decent mechanic 

you don't get the chance to hang over the bonnet in the workshop while he works or put your own parts in. You drop your car off, put faith in the ability to get the job done and then pick it up when it is over.Very good chance that anyone who is willing to work under those terms of multi agency or where the owner keeps his sign up is average at best and inept at worst.

There are 2 basic mistakes most people who cant sell their property make. They dont take the time to find out the industry experience of the person presenting to them ( there is a HUGE difference between a sales rep who passes himself off as an agent and a licensed agent who can employ sales reps) and/ or they overprice their listing. Any property, being it residential, commercial or industrial is only worth what the market will bear at the given time it is placed on the market. No amount of "spin", "creative marketing" or "hype" ever changes that and no matter what the owner thinks it is worth ultimately it is the market that determines what the selling price will be. A decent agents job is market the property and negotiate in a manner that brings the best result for the client, not be a miracle worker. As in everything in life you get what you pay for. The fees in my agencies ( yes I have more than one in more than 1 country) are right at the top of the industry scale with a not insignificant upfront vendor paid advertising component  so as discourage the "fee shoppers". Those type of potential clients don't need an agency like ours and to be honest why would people who have been in their industry for 20 -30 years be willing to accept the same payscale as someone who has been doing it for a year or 2 by taking on clients like that? But our success rate is waaayyy above the industry average and we have a 86% client retention rate and most importantly we still all love going to work everyday. :-)

Find the 2 Agencies in CM that turn over the most property in your market demographic. Not hard to do. Ask to speak with the Principal of each. Agree to an exclusive 90 day listing (if residential, 180 days if commercial) with one of them and take their advice as to whom amongst their sales reps is going to best for your property. Set your price according the written comparative market appraisal of the properties current worth supplied by the agent. Pay the upfront non refundable marketing costs , hand over the keys and then get on with your life and let the agency do their job. 

Ohh and any  reasonable buyer NEVER wants to deal directly with the owner . ;-)

Best of luck. Sincerley

Thank you all for the suggestions.

evenstevens, worgeordie: I will follow your advices.

hagler: I understand your point coming from being in this industry already. I have no problem giving an agent exclusivity for 90 days, however i dont agree paying upfront non returnable marketing costs for a service which doesnt guarantee me results.

And why a reasonable buyer wouldnt contact me directly? What benefit the buyer would have if contacted the agent instead of seller? One thing is for sure, any buyer contacting me directly I would give them a 3% discount (which was suposedly for the agent). I am pretty sure any reasonable buyer would think like that aswell.

14 hours ago, hagler said:

As someone who is; and has been for over 30 years now ( gawd Im getting old) , in the property business both commercial and residential I have to say that you don't present as a client that

any reputable agency would want to be honest. That is not meant as a flame so please dont take it as such. No-one in any industry who is worth their salt is going to agree to 

a situation where the outgoings involved don't have a chance of being recouped i.e. multiple agents doing the one job or the owner muddying the waters by staying involved. If you go to a decent mechanic 

you don't get the chance to hang over the bonnet in the workshop while he works or put your own parts in. You drop your car off, put faith in the ability to get the job done and then pick it up when it is over.Very good chance that anyone who is willing to work under those terms of multi agency or where the owner keeps his sign up is average at best and inept at worst.

There are 2 basic mistakes most people who cant sell their property make. They dont take the time to find out the industry experience of the person presenting to them ( there is a HUGE difference between a sales rep who passes himself off as an agent and a licensed agent who can employ sales reps) and/ or they overprice their listing. Any property, being it residential, commercial or industrial is only worth what the market will bear at the given time it is placed on the market. No amount of "spin", "creative marketing" or "hype" ever changes that and no matter what the owner thinks it is worth ultimately it is the market that determines what the selling price will be. A decent agents job is market the property and negotiate in a manner that brings the best result for the client, not be a miracle worker. As in everything in life you get what you pay for. The fees in my agencies ( yes I have more than one in more than 1 country) are right at the top of the industry scale with a not insignificant upfront vendor paid advertising component  so as discourage the "fee shoppers". Those type of potential clients don't need an agency like ours and to be honest why would people who have been in their industry for 20 -30 years be willing to accept the same payscale as someone who has been doing it for a year or 2 by taking on clients like that? But our success rate is waaayyy above the industry average and we have a 86% client retention rate and most importantly we still all love going to work everyday. :-)

Find the 2 Agencies in CM that turn over the most property in your market demographic. Not hard to do. Ask to speak with the Principal of each. Agree to an exclusive 90 day listing (if residential, 180 days if commercial) with one of them and take their advice as to whom amongst their sales reps is going to best for your property. Set your price according the written comparative market appraisal of the properties current worth supplied by the agent. Pay the upfront non refundable marketing costs , hand over the keys and then get on with your life and let the agency do their job. 

Ohh and any  reasonable buyer NEVER wants to deal directly with the owner . ;-)

Best of luck. Sincerley

Do you or have you had real estate agencies in Thailand?

It seems that many of your recommendations would be hard if not impossible to do in Thailand, do you have experience doing things that way HERE or are you assuming things can be done here because they can be done elsewhere?