Thai Health Dept warns patients with 4 diseases against eating durians excessively

webfact

10 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Durian I will not have it in the house, wife likes it and at £12+ a time it and the wife are banished to the Garden and no exceptions.

How anyone can eat sh>> I will never know

Mind you she banished me to the garden once so had to get my own back.

I own this house and its 100% not 51/49

Oh the joys of civilisation

But you don't own the land it sits on!

7 hours ago, Docno said:

That's like saying you tried a glass of wine once and decided it's all crap. There are many varieties of durian and Thai durians are very different from Malaysian durians. Anyway, it took me a few goes before I liked them, and the more expensive ones really do taste better... going cheap is like buying your wine in a box.

Fair enough. I don't care how good it tastes if that's the aftermath I'm going to get, irrespective of the variety. Or is there a variety that tastes good AND doesn't leave you smelling like an open sewer?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried a little bit a few days ago, didn't like it, it smells awful of course, but I tried to see what does it taste like, to me it is like raw onion mixed with something like mango, really weird taste, not for me... so many other fruits that don't need any trying....!