Thai Tourism Min makes moves to improve tourism for Chinese visitors

webfact

Tourism Ministry makes moves to improve tourism for Chinese visitors

BANGKOK, 26 May 2017 (NNT) – The Minister of Tourism and Sports is seeking discussions with the National Tourism Administration of China (CNTA) on quelling illegal tours, expressing belief that the situation has significantly improved. 

Minister of Tourism and Sports Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul has let on her office will meet with CNTA in June to follow up on cooperation to enhance safety for tourists as well as to elevate the quality of tours. Discussions will also extend to prevention of illegal tours and zero baht tours, which the minister said Thailand has made significant progress in suppressing but now wants cooperation from China in dealing with the source of such tours. 

The Tourism Ministry previously held unofficial talks with the Tourism Council of Thailand (TCT) and the Association of Thai Travel Agents (ATTA) where it urged them to monitor tour companies. The call was in response to a growing number of complaints from foreign visitors over lackluster service while in the Kingdom. Nonetheless, the ministry is confident it has been able to rid the nation of 95-98 percent of illegal tour groups. 

ATTA Secretary-General Adit Chairattananont has suggested members of the tour industry employ the use of instant messaging application WeChat to disseminate pertinent information to travelers once they arrive in Thailand.

He suggested visitors be immediately notified of their rights and regulations for tourism once they set foot in the Kingdom. WeChat is used by over 700 million Chinese nationals and provides one of the most direct lines to a major segment of visitors to the nation.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-05-26

Why for the Chinese?

should spend  more time, effort , monies  on looking after the existing tourists who actually do spend money 

not wasting it on the Chinese who are rude & their numbers along with their impolite way of having to touch, fondle,

& destroy anything of historic value in Thailand.

But the Mistress of Tourism cannot see  (or gets a fat bonus) for  anything but a head count.

This attitude without proper infrastructure in place will turn this country into a cesspool

And I do not mean high speed trains   how about some decent sewerage systems

Chinese nationals pay only 100 baht ATM fees while in Thailand. 220 baht if you're from anywhere else.

Chinese nationals get a 15% discount at Shabushi restaurant, paid for by a 15% price increase for everybody else, including Thais. 

The Chinese are exempted from the 2,000 baht visa on arrival fee.

What else do they want?

Chinese tourists collectively spend more money than any other nationality, it's true.  However, less than 10% stays in Thailand. 

As individuals, they don't even make the top 25 list. 

If Thailand wants to boost tourism revenue, she needs to turn away from the Chinese and focus on Emiratis, Indians, Kuwaitis, Europeans and Americans. These groups cause far fewer problems, spend far more money per capita and the money they spend stays in Thailand.

And I have yet to see a German shit on the street.

3 hours ago, midzo said:

Chinese nationals pay only 100 baht ATM fees while in Thailand. 220 baht if you're from anywhere else.

Chinese nationals get a 15% discount at Shabushi restaurant, paid for by a 15% price increase for everybody else, including Thais. 

The Chinese are exempted from the 2,000 baht visa on arrival fee.

What else do they want?

Chinese tourists collectively spend more money than any other nationality, it's true.  However, less than 10% stays in Thailand. 

As individuals, they don't even make the top 25 list. 

If Thailand wants to boost tourism revenue, she needs to turn away from the Chinese and focus on Emiratis, Indians, Kuwaitis, Europeans and Americans. These groups cause far fewer problems, spend far more money per capita and the money they spend stays in Thailand.

And I have yet to see a German shit on the street.

Are you suggesting that you have the ability to identify a nationality simply by the faeces left in the street. Brilliant Sherlock !

22 hours ago, Godang said:

Chinese have no manners at all. They must be first everytime.

No. The quality of the Chinese that Thailand attracts is questionable. I've stayed in a hotel in Dubai with hoards of Chinese and they were perfectly well behaved. Thailand does so often appeal to the lower segment of society. There - now I've upset a few people......

• 2 months later...
 Have you ever seen a Chinese person shit on the street?

Personally? No. I avoid areas with hordes if Chinese. But I've seen plenty of photos.

I have seen a Chinese holding a toddler over the fountain in Siam Paragon for a piss.

I have seen Chinese touch buffet food, then place it back.

I have seen Chinese fill their bags with buffet food.

I have been pushed and shoved many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Install spittoons every 10 feet.

On 5/26/2017 at 9:09 PM, JAG said:

Have you ever seen a Chinese person shit on the street?

Have you ever been to China?

I have. It ranks right up there, I'd say 3rd in place of the nastiest countries I have spent the night in & I've been to 45 countries.

Yemen & Bangladesh are tied for 1st in my book.

Had Chinese food, which was absolutely HORRIBLE one night in Beijing.

Next day we were out 2 hours away from town, and my stomach/err...large colon, was screaming for an exit.

Like I say 45 countries & this gas/petrol station outside Beijing was the most vile thing I have ever encountered in my half century all over this planet.

Edited by jaywalker