Three bomb warnings ‘came from same person’

webfact

Three bomb warnings ‘came from same person’

By The Nation

e496d5c6e8f1592289e712339f5b6aca.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Forensics experts have determined that the same person wrote all three letters warning of a possible bomb attack on a hospital before Monday’s blast at Phramongkutklao Hospital. 

The letters warned that Muslim insurgents from the deep South might stage a revenge attack against a medical institution in Bangkok.

A police source said on Friday that two of the letters were sent to the director of the Prasat Neurological Hospital and Institute and the third to the director of the National Cancer Institute of Thailand.

The source said forensic examination found that the same person wrote all three letters, though that person had attempted to disguise his or her identity by modifying the handwriting and content.

The letters were written on the same type of paper, which under magnification indicated the writer had traced the wording from one letter to the next, applying the same amount of pressure.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30316392

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-05-26

"though that person had attempted to disguise his or her identity by modifying the handwriting and content."

"the writer had traced the wording from one letter to the next"

How do you modify the handwriting and content if you've traced the wording from one letter to another?

21 minutes ago, nahkit said:

"though that person had attempted to disguise his or her identity by modifying the handwriting and content."

"the writer had traced the wording from one letter to the next"

How do you modify the handwriting and content if you've traced the wording from one letter to another?

Sometimes my missus or Thai friends will ask me what a word or phrase in English means. Sometimes there is no context, so I'll ask for this person to give me some context so I can honestly answer their question as best I can. So often I get that look of, "Jesus! You think too much. Just answer my question. It doesn't really matter what it means"

I guess it would be easier to just say any old b***** and be on my way, but I don't want to get into bad habits. 

"The letters were written on the same type of paper, which under magnification indicated the writer had traced the wording from one letter to the next, applying the same amount of pressure.""

Can anyone help me to understand what this means?

16 minutes ago, Trumpish said:

"The letters were written on the same type of paper, which under magnification indicated the writer had traced the wording from one letter to the next, applying the same amount of pressure.""

I'll try.

3 sheets of paper placed one on top of the other. Write the mesage - possibly heavily - on the top sheet leaving an impression on the second one. Write the message on the second sheet using the impression and repeating the act on the third sheet.

Similar to using carbon paper but more work.

Edited by khunken
punctuation

On 5/27/2017 at 3:35 PM, Trumpish said:

So the government didn't only get 1 warning, they got 3? And still did nothing?

Outstanding.

Well, at least, that's a very good question.

I've read several news reports here on these warning letters. And each of them talks about the letters and such, and what happened with the bombing.

But I've see not a single sentence in any of these "news" reports raising the question about what the hospitals and other authorities did, or didn't do, between the time of receiving the letters and when the bomb actually was detonated.

Extra guards?  Security checks?  Bag/belongs screening at hospital entrances?   Not a single word I've read that anything was done differently in the wake of the receipt of the letters. These "news" reports don't even broach that question.

On 2017-5-27 at 3:54 PM, khunken said:

I'll try.

3 sheets of paper placed one on top of the other. Write the mesage - possibly heavily - on the top sheet leaving an impression on the second one. Write the message on the second sheet using the impression and repeating the act on the third sheet.

Similar to using carbon paper but more work.

OK, thanks.

So then they went over the indentation image again, only changing the handwriting?

Seems like a waste of effort by someone very confused. Or perhaps I just don't understand Thainess...

On 27/05/2017 at 9:38 AM, Trumpish said:

Yep look to the British police and their results

Then look at the J Boys you have your culprits

Game set match PM your nicked, Oh soorry where are we in that case its the R's Not