Guitar rooms?

BadCash

Are there any places that have rooms where you can go to play/practice guitar playing? I'm thinking like those karaoke rooms you see in the malls, but for playing guitar (not necessarily to any background song) instead of singing...

I know one place in on nut, but it's kinda small and not exactly what I'm thinking of.

On 5/26/2017 at 9:33 PM, tonray said:

Why not just play in your room/condo ? Instead of hauling your gear (guitar and amp ?) you can simply use the headphone jack on your amp.

The same way that people don't carry their own gear to a karaoke room, my thought was that the place would provide everything needed...

1 hour ago, BadCash said:

The same way that people don't carry their own gear to a karaoke room, my thought was that the place would provide everything needed...

Ok.  Never heard of that before. 

There used to be places just like this. Just regular shop houses with a room full of drums and guitars etc. Equipment was not up to much but ok for a bit of practice. Used to be 100 baht an hour but that was 30 years ago. They used to make feeble attempts at sound proofing with old egg trays stuck to the walls and thick old carpet. 

Not heard of any lately but must be some out there. You would do better to ask on Sanook.com....big Thai forum. Get a Thai friend to write it out for you to post.

A few friends and I used to go for a bash after work but after a few smokes I could hardly lift the guitar much less play it.

The guitar store in Coco walk near the Rachathewi BTS station has four or five rooms you can rent. They're equipped with guitars, amps, bass and drums and you can rent keys for extra. The gear is pretty beat up tho. I suggest you bring your own guitar. The amps are fine for practicing. I think it's about 200 - 250 baht an hour.