Why do you think Thailand is special

crystal sauce

42 minutes ago, crystal sauce said:

If there is a heaven on earth it is Thailand sorry people but it is fact to me and many more. next

many would dispute your fact especially the ones locked up for voicing their opinion on the state of "their" country

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, piersbeckett said:

One of the things peculiar to Thailand is its special relationship with itself.

And the masks you find peeling off as years pass. The communications and social aspects are a minefield.

3 minutes ago, kannot said:

many would dispute your fact especially the ones locked up for voicing their opinion on the state of "their" country

I am not willing to defend my home country Saudi Arabia but I might defend Thailand in case some nut heads think about destroying the way we like to live here sir.

1 minute ago, bazza73 said:

I would like an upload on a PM with your singing voice, so I can compare it with Pavarotti.:smile:

Am afraid Opera is not within my capabilities...I am more of a Clapton, Taylor, Elvis sort of stuff after 4 pints.....classic-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif.80dbd636291b5690a641c1cd8646a1db.gif..... must confess my guitar has no strings on it, it's just to impress the ladies.............................shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif.11150c98292800120b0e509e0474efae.gif

14 minutes ago, kannot said:

Proves an old saying "keep your gob shut"

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Am afraid Opera is not within my capabilities...I am more of a Clapton, Taylor, Elvis sort of stuff after 4 pints.....classic-guitar-smiley-emoticon.gif.80dbd636291b5690a641c1cd8646a1db.gif..... must confess my guitar has no strings on it, it's just to impress the ladies.............................shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif.11150c98292800120b0e509e0474efae.gif

Most ladies wear strings so bed 6 and there you go.:partytime2:

21 minutes ago, kannot said:

It hurts to know something like this is going on during the American freedom of speech colonization.

Talk is easy but fear acts there are dangerous whether in good or as bad.

11 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Proves an old saying "keep your gob shut"

free  speech................not in Thailand, land of the free............. not ignoring me then

11 hours ago, crystal sauce said:

I am not willing to defend my home country Saudi Arabia but I might defend Thailand in case some nut heads think about destroying the way we like to live here sir.

you go from one dictatorship to another and think this one in Thailand is ok?

Well I  guess coming from Saudi almost anything is  better

11 hours ago, crystal sauce said:

It hurts to know something like this is going on during the American freedom of speech colonization.

Talk is easy but fear acts there are dangerous whether in good or as bad.

Thought the discussion was about Thailand?

For so many years it was my get away from the real world place...live like a rock star place...inexpensive and fun place. :partytime2:

Now it is just "home". My comfort zone and happy place. Great GF and her cooking are special too. Spicy food! :coffee1:

2 hours ago, kannot said:

you go from one dictatorship to another and think this one in Thailand is ok?

Well I  guess coming from Saudi almost anything is  better

wrong my good man! the Mrs. and my [not so] humble self spend 5½ good years in Saudi Arabia when infrastructure and shopping was a fraction of today. if it had been possible we'd live in Jeddah and not in Pattaya.

32 minutes ago, Naam said:

wrong my good man! the Mrs. and my [not so] humble self spend 5½ good years in Saudi Arabia when infrastructure and shopping was a fraction of today. if it had been possible we'd live in Jeddah and not in Pattaya.

similar Naam, spent 5 yrs all over SA and enjoyed it alot. Had many a delicious chinese take away in riyadh. Always in safe compounds or hotel in Quarayatt in the north.

I agree with Anthony Rumbold, Britain's ambassador to Thailand from 1965 to 1967, he was only wrong about the music, the rest of Thai culture is rubbish IMO.

"They have no literature, no painting and only a very odd kind of music; their sculpture, ceramics and dancing are borrowed from others, and their architecture is monotonous and interior decoration hideous. Nobody can deny that gambling and golf are the chief pleasures of the rich, and that licentiousness is the main pleasure of them all.'' 

2 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

I agree with Anthony Rumbold, Britain's ambassador to Thailand from 1965 to 1967, he was only wrong about the music, the rest of Thai culture is rubbish IMO.

"They have no literature, no painting and only a very odd kind of music; their sculpture, ceramics and dancing are borrowed from others, and their architecture is monotonous and interior decoration hideous. Nobody can deny that gambling and golf are the chief pleasures of the rich, and that licentiousness is the main pleasure of them all.'' 

....& yet its overrun by falang.

If you think Thailand is rubbish then why are you here?

The mrs does not like the UK, in her words too cold and too many asylum seekers. Thailand is not over run, dumps like Pattaya might be but there are no foreigners where we live.

Edited by Orton Rd

41 minutes ago, steven100 said:
1 hour ago, Naam said:

similar Naam, spent 5 yrs all over SA and enjoyed it alot. Had many a delicious chinese take away in riyadh. Always in safe compounds or hotel in Quarayatt in the north.

Riyadh is not exactly the place to live when you have a wife. but Al Khobar/Dammam and Jeddah offered whatever one needed (included pork chops, ham, sausage, wine and sadiqi). we never lived in a compound and had no security issues. that was the time when we didn't lock the car or the house.

3 hours ago, Naam said:

Riyadh is not exactly the place to live when you have a wife. but Al Khobar/Dammam and Jeddah offered whatever one needed (included pork chops, ham, sausage, wine and sadiqi). we never lived in a compound and had no security issues. that was the time when we didn't lock the car or the house.

Just replying to last sentence. I still dont lock the car or the house. Never had a problem 

7 hours ago, Naam said:

I beg to differ on the dictatorship issue which was my  point ,not whether you had a good  life there which I dont dispute.

The government of Saudi Arabia is led by the monarch, King Salman, who acceded to the throne on 23 January 2015. No political parties or national elections are permitted[3] and according to The Economist's 2010 Democracy Index, the Saudi government was the seventh most authoritarian regime from among the 167 countries rated.[6] Government is dominated by the royal family.[7]

8 hours ago, Naam said:

I thought you were complaining about the cold months here so assumed you lived up North, Chang Mai maybe. You live in Pataya?

50 minutes ago, kannot said:

I beg to differ on the dictatorship issue which was my  point ,not whether you had a good  life there which I dont dispute.

The government of Saudi Arabia is led by the monarch, King Salman, who acceded to the throne on 23 January 2015. No political parties or national elections are permitted[3] and according to The Economist's 2010 Democracy Index, the Saudi government was the seventh most authoritarian regime from among the 167 countries rated.[6] Government is dominated by the royal family.[7]

I still struggle with why you actually live in Thailand.

12 minutes ago, grollies said:

I thought you were complaining about the cold months here so assumed you lived up North, Chang Mai maybe. You live in Pataya?

yes, but north-east Pattaya where it's icecold in april :laugh:

1 hour ago, kannot said:
9 hours ago, Naam said:

i reject the opinion that it is important what government a host country has, especially for a retiree. we experienced "democratic" :cheesy: Thailand and experience now for the second time military rule (not to mention twice military rule in Nigeria).  personally i think that military rule is the best that can happen to countries like Thailand.

4 hours ago, transam said:

I reckon all countries have those.........I like the countries with big busty ones....:stoner:

Now, now Trans. My thoughts on this are any more than a handful is a waste, and a well-shaped butt beats all. So Thailand is paradise for me in that regard. And I do a lot of regarding.