Why do you think Thailand is special

crystal sauce

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, jeab1980 said:

Because i live here. Same as Malta was special when i lived there.

Special is the wrong word insert Home.

Home as the song goes "whenever i lay my hat thats my home"

I liked Malta...:smile:

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Thailand has more sand than Malta.

Yeh, but they understood what I was talking about, their Gin brewing stuff is cool, with the lemon stuff added, nice climate too...I liked it, plus I am not a beach goer, looking at the sea in the sun with a Gin and lemon was my idea of....well what l like....:stoner:

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Yeh, but they understood what I was talking about, their Gin brewing stuff is cool, with the lemon stuff added, nice climate too...I liked it, plus I am not a beach goer, looking at the sea in the sun with a Gin and lemon was my idea of....well what l like....:stoner:

I have been told gin and lemon is rather hard on the vocal cords.

2 hours ago, buick said:

i must admit i like the warm weather, hot chicks, and cold beer !!!  but those things can be found in alot of other countries in the world.  i really like the easy lifestyle in bangkok.  i don't need a car, taxis are cheap.  i can get to most places i need to by walking and/or taking the BTS/MRT.  i like HK for the same reasons but it is a bit expensive to rent a place !! 

I like your post but I didn't understand the abbreviations

40 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Beacuse i live here. Same as Malta was special when i lived there.

Special is the wrong word insert Home.

Home as the song goes "whenever i lay my hat thats my home"

Only up normal people compare Thailand to other places 

1 minute ago, crystal sauce said:

If there is a heaven on earth it is Thailand sorry people but it is fact to me and many more. next

Lets not go up normall heaven on earth?. Take it youve never been to scunthorpe then

6 minutes ago, crystal sauce said:

google is just a search engine but I am a human being with a brain like 100.000 or million PCs.

Im off back to Scunthorpe makes more sense there

10 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:
12 minutes ago, crystal sauce said:

up normal is like when you act against reality. like nothing satisfy you.

Never heard of it nor has google. TV made up words love them

abnormal
əbˈnɔːm(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: abnormal
  1. deviating from what is normal or usual, typically in a way that is undesirable or worrying.

4 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

entertaining as hell; living in a 3rd world is 99% funny

Could be worse you could live in the UK or even the USOT

Just now, cruisemonkey said:

A corrupt turd 'polished' for the Chinese. Special indeed.

You like it here then

13 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:
16 minutes ago, crystal sauce said:

If there is a heaven on earth it is Thailand sorry people but it is fact to me and many more. next

Lets not go up normall heaven on earth?. Take it youve never been to scunthorpe then

or Unterpfaffenhofen in Bavaria :smile:

1 minute ago, Naam said:
abnormal
əbˈnɔːm(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: abnormal
  1. deviating from what is normal or usual, typically in a way that is undesirable or worrying.

Why are you quoting abnormal he said up normal

4 hours ago, Old Croc said:

The many differences in sight, sound and smell from the old country makes life here a continuing journey of discovery.

When the wife enters the driveway I can tell that durian season has begun purely using my olfactory organ. A neighbor more than 40 meters away has an even more sensitive nose and quickly arrives ready to partake in the feasting. 

The pungent aromas of the local farmer burning rubbish often punctuate the evenings smells.

I know I've left the nanny state far behind when the lads on their unmufflered bikes start their nightly drag races on nearby roads. The cacophony of the fighting cocks in the nearby farm lulls me off to sleep every night. Such sounds are forbidden where I came from.

As a kid a yearly highlight was Guy Fawkes night when we got to set off skyrockets and use explosives to blow up disliked neighbors letterboxes. OK, a few kids lost the occasional finger, but they shouldn't have banned it for everybody!  Here, every night can be Guy Fawkes night and adults get to play like kids! (Temporarily toned down for the mourning period)

I like the fact that you don't have to venture out to observe wildlife. 

Eagles and hawks circle overhead, and flying ants periodically swarm to your lights if you leave the door open at the wrong time. Geckos, frogs and toads come to gorge.

Last year a 4' cobra came into the living room to elicit a riot.  Millipedes march steadfastly around the house searching for who knows what. Occasionally their lessor footed, but fleeter of foot, cousins dash in and get dashed into oblivion. A couple of nights ago I found myself wondering why there was a large dead leaf on the blind in the bathroom, it turned out to be a butterfly heavily in disguise! 

I once found myself entertained by a lost firefly blinking it's way around the darkened bedroom and never quite learning that the overhead fan should be avoided. Large, ugly squirrels run along the power lines and pilfer from fruit trees. Bats swoop on the pool for a drink. Buffalo and egrets wander the nearby fields and a couple of months ago an elephant sauntered past the house.

Colourful, hairy and exotic looking caterpillars abound in the garden, but find themselves all called  "worms"  by the family gardener and put down, in much the same way western men are classified and treated in the home country.

I wouldn't go back to the inanity of my former life under any circumstance.

wow, I could read your stories all day, what a lovely  post.Thankyou.