• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, moe666 said:

O please how many people run thru flames, you need to get a life

life I have, seems they should also stay well away from the BBQ, and as for grilled pork from the street stalls - watch out.

Just now, lvr181 said:

It is used ONLY to remind them (Drs) who is in charge in this country!  :post-4641-1156693976:

seems to me that some of them (Thai Drs) think they are gods gift to the world and time they realised just who they really are.

3 minutes ago, Artisi said:

seems to me that some of them (Thai Drs) think they are gods gift to the world and time they realised just who they really are.

"...gods gift to the world..."  There is one helluva long queue in front of them( Drs)! 

18 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Next time you are  seriously ill, you tell the attending physician that.

Do you have any idea what these kids are forced to deal with? They work long shifts in conditions that are often primitive. These are not the physicians going into private practice. These are the ones who   staff the  public hospitals. There is a severe shortage of them in rural regions too.  They are abused by  the  hospital administrators and patients alike. How would you like to be the one to tell a family their child has died? How about being forced to deal with the scum that shows up in the ER during their shifts. This includes drunks, junkies, depraved perverts, and threatening gangsters. On top of this they must deal with the stress of child abuse and rape victims. 

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Next time you are  seriously ill, you tell the attending physician that.

Do you have any idea what these kids are forced to deal with? They work long shifts in conditions that are often primitive. These are not the physicians going into private practice. These are the ones who   staff the  public hospitals. There is a severe shortage of them in rural regions too.  They are abused by  the  hospital administrators and patients alike. How would you like to be the one to tell a family their child has died? How about being forced to deal with the scum that shows up in the ER during their shifts. This includes drunks, junkies, depraved perverts, and threatening gangsters. On top of this they must deal with the stress of child abuse and rape victims. 

I know first hand what many endure and it can be an absolute nightmare for them, doesn't change the fact that many think they are so far above the average person that they should be walking on water. Have you  ever been to a Thai doctor and tried to discuss something to completely stonewalled with the attitude "I'm a doctor,  I know everything" 

On 5/27/2017 at 5:31 PM, possum1931 said:

Not really, it is making the point that Thailand is very militilistic, and it is. Authority is drummed into young Thais at an early age, and they grow up loving to have that authority over people, you can see it everywhere you go from the whistle blowing security guys in the car parks, to the Lt Gens, Lt Cols and Major Gens in the Police force with all these medals and coloured ribbons. The way the bosses in Banks, Immigration Offices etc, all make up their own rules and their staff have to dance to their tunes, all these different visas that keep changing all the time, and we have to dance to their tunes. This is not Thai bashing or complaining, I can't help laughing at some of them. I just find it funny to see them all so full of themselves.

Especially the whistle  blowers whom I totally ignore when they wave me left...............i go right....then they change it to right to correspond  with my ability to think which way was  best.

58 minutes ago, kannot said:

Especially the whistle  blowers whom I totally ignore when they wave me left...............i go right....then they change it to right to correspond  with my ability to think which way was  best.

I really believe that:smile:

On 5/27/2017 at 2:50 PM, Artisi said:

Definitely o/t, but some of  the precious little darlings need toughening up so they understand what the real world is and what many people face in real life. 

I think doing a few months on the Casualty Ward, what most aspiring Doctors do, is tougher than this training, that is designed for other purposes and is thus a waste of time for those being subjected to it.
However, maybe those that enjoy watching this kind of thing do not agree with that point of view.