Exclusive: Trump son-in-law had undisclosed contacts with Russian envoy - sources

rooster59

Let's look at Trump and his advisers for a moment:

Let's name this section covfefe

>>>> They can't keep him from tweeting and continually making an ass of  himself.

>>>>  Probably the smartest thing Trump's advisers are doing is keeping him away from any public discourse in front of regular people, because they know he'll be loudly booed (or worse).

>>>>  His advisers told him to dump the Paris Accords.   Among the many stupid and harmful-to-America things Trump has done, that's up near the top of the list.  

>>>>  Trump still hasn't started a war, but give him some time, he's sure to do it, and probably for vanity reasons (some world leader ridiculing the red tie that points at his dick, for example).

>>>>  His advisers told him to dump Comey.   Very stupid move on several levels.  Now Comey is a private citizen, so he can reveal whatever he wants, without restrictions of federal government office.

I could go on, but there are only two types of people reading this:  

#1. Reasonable people who want what's best for the US,

and #2. unreasonable people who continually make excuses for Trump's idiotic antics.

Edited by boomerangutang

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Ironically, many of his worst characteristics are observed in his staunchest opponents. 

Possible.

But you see, these apply to the inept fool in the White House.

Big difference. :thumbsup:

Just now, iReason said:

Possible.

But you see, these apply to the inept fool in the White House.

Big difference. :thumbsup:

Not just possible.  It's on display here daily.  You're just not as clever as you think you is.  :laugh:

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

I challenge you to name one assertion by the mainstream media that has been proven factually untrue - in regard to the Russia-Trump connections.

I would reciprocate by naming the hundreds of claims by Trump and his cohorts that have proven untrue, but I might get carpal tunnel from typing so much.

Mark Twain once said:  'Never pick an argument with a man who buys ink by the barrel.'

Trump voters don't seem to care about the Russia-Trump connections, for primarily the following 2 reasons:

>>>   98% of their cranial calories go toward their own immediate issues:  job, family, guns, family dog.

>>>  and Trump fans don't know much detail about, nor care about international issues.  

I'm different, perhaps because I grew up in a family which traveled often; US, Africa, Europe.  I attended 11 different schools in a 14 year span (and yes, I got booted out of some) ....in 6 different countries, so I have an int'l perspective on things.    Trump should have people like me advising him (tho I wouldn't want to work for him) - people who can see outside of their self-administered blinders, and who have some knowledge of history.    

Trump is not even helping himself get a better grasp on int'l affairs.  There are hundreds of positions which are still unfilled, most of which are at the State Dept.  Trump barely glances at daily intelligence briefings.  He thinks he knows more than anyone else ("I know more than the generals, believe me.").   He announced the Carl Vinson was sailing west when it was sailing south.  He didn't know Israel is in the Middle East.  

Could there be a worse person as prez?   Maybe Cruz, because Cruz also has awful policy ideas, but Cruz knows how Washington works, so Cruz could get some of his America-harming ideas passed into legislation.  Thankfully, Trump (and Jared and Bannon) don't know how to get things done in DC, so they're essentially hamstrung - just bunkering in the Oval Office, continually bleating "fake news!" in response to every new finding by the Wash.Post and NY Times.

"or buys paper by the ton".

Assertions aren't facts.  Facts I have no problem with.  All the agendas and noise around them, dragging it out, leaks, etc, is what bothers me.  I have no sympathy for Trump or his crew.  They'll reap what they've sown.  But the spectacle, the lies, half-truths, noise, the process or lack thereof, and the MSM, is troubling.  On this, Prez Obama and I agree. 

9 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

the spectacle, the lies, half-truths, noise, the process or lack thereof, and the MSM, is troubling. 

Well said. It quits being news when it's presented with an editorial bias. 

Edited by Rob13

8 hours ago, 55Jay said:

The media is trying, very hard, to leave you with the impression of guilt.  Don't be suckered in by the repetitive, blatantly obvious messaging; civil/psy ops 101.  Ignore the predictable cut/paste nerds on TVF as well.  They know jack s**t.   Remain aloof and neutral.

Agree that this investigation needs to be conducted in a vacuum, away from the political fray.  House/Senate hearings are Reality TV political posturing.   Had high hopes Bob Mueller would get his arms around this thing but it appears he can not, or doesn't want to.

At any rate, this has all the hallmarks of a bloodless coup.  A political assassination conducted by the DNC in cooperation with select MSM and print news outlets, using the "Death by a Thousand Cuts" method.

However, as we learned not long ago, being a clueless idiot, or pretending to be one, even at a high government position such as US Secretary of State, is not a crime.  It is a forgivable flaw for a candidate seeking the highest office in the land.    So is gross incompetence about basic duties and responsibilities, mismanagement, corruption, using appointed office for personal and political advancement, refusing to comply with congress (smirk), conspiracy to conceal and/or destroy evidence to hinder investigations and congressional oversight committees.  Even barely concealed, direct intervention by a former US President seeking to influence the legal disposition of federal investigations is, apparently, the new low bar for acceptable behavior, according to the interpretations of the former FBI Director, given the nod of approval by his spineless, politically corrupt boss, former US Attorney General.  But, as long as you apologize, eventually, when all other options have failed, you can still be endorsed as a viable candidate by the sitting President of the United States. 

Given the precedent, and extreme lack of credibility in the handing of investigations at the highest levels, I'm ready for anything.  But for now, all these leaks and drips sound like more of the same to me.

"However, as we learned not long ago, being a clueless idiot, .... is not a crime.  It is a forgivable flaw for a candidate seeking the highest office in the land.    So is gross incompetence about basic duties and responsibilities, mismanagement, corruption, using appointed office for personal and political advancement, refusing to comply with congress (smirk), conspiracy to conceal and/or destroy evidence to hinder investigations and congressional oversight committees."

Being a clueless idiot is not a crime, but it is not a forgivable flaw.    The rest of it is a crime and grounds for impeachment, though that will only happen when the Republicans in Congress come up with the integrity to do their jobs, or, and much more likely, get voted out of office.

9 hours ago, 55Jay said:

However, as we learned not long ago, being a clueless idiot, or pretending to be one, even at a high government position such as US Secretary of State, is not a crime.  It is a forgivable flaw for a candidate seeking the highest office in the land.    So is gross incompetence about basic duties and responsibilities, mismanagement, corruption, using appointed office for personal and political advancement, refusing to comply with congress (smirk), conspiracy to conceal and/or destroy evidence to hinder investigations and congressional oversight committees. 

Clinton was a very good secretary of state, why do you think Putin despised her so much. Everything she did was for the USA.

As for the rest of it you have your man down to a tee. Did you seriously say all those things about him? And you accept that? Wow!

Mr. Trump, resign now.  Go back to what you know how to do:  rubbing shoulders with NY/NJ mobsters, ripping off contractors, bribing judges, laundering money for oligarchs, bad-mouthing anyone who doesn't praise you.   When you're not in the Oval Office, we don't care about your law-breaking and your conniption-fit naughty-boy attitudes.  Let law-enforcement and the courts deal with that, as they should be doing with the 3,000+ lawsuits against you.  

But when you're the boss in the Oval Office, you adversely affect millions of Americans and countless people overseas for two main reasons.   Although you got elected over your false promises about 'great-paying jobs for everyone' and 'building a giant beautiful wall', the two more important reasons you shouldn't be in the WH are;

#1  You're anti-environment, and,

#2  You're likely to get the US in nuclear war(s)

There's a long list of other reasons why you're harmful to America, but we'll leave it at those two for brevity.

15 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

I challenge you to name one assertion by the mainstream media that has been proven factually untrue - in regard to the Russia-Trump connections.

Sorry to quote myself, but unsurprisingly, not one Trump fan reading this blog is up to the challenge.  They can make soggy excuses for Trump and his honchos all day and night, but they can't back up their oft-bleated claim of 'FAKE NEWS' directed to each new revelation reported by mainstream media.  Indidentally, MSmedia are doing what politicians and certain law-enforcement agencies SHOULD BE DOING.

All Republican politicians should pool their entire salaries together and give it to mainstream media reporters, because reporters are doing what the politicians should be doing.

2 hours ago, YetAnother said:

that whole clemency thing is messed up

In what ways?  It's likely Trump will grant clemency to nearly every person close to him who is getting close to being put in the slammer.  One big question is whether Trump can grant clemency to himself.  Executive privilege goes hand in hand with that issue.  

Here's a scenario which may play out:   Trump gets 'bunkered in' with 'Exec Privilege' as long as he's in office.   When it's time for him to leave, either by being voted out, or impeached, will he counter the Constitution (and laws of the land) by forcefully staying in office?   No doubt his slimy lawyers can find reasons for anything Trump would want to do, no matter how outlandish.  

Will there come a time when armed agents have to force their way into the WH and face off against Secret Service agents guarding the prez?   That scenario may sound outlandish now, but think of all the outlandish things which have unfolded in recent months, and ask yourself whether you could have seen it coming a year ago.  It's doubtful you foresaw what's happening now (Trump openly aiding the Russians while snubbing the Europeans, a Russian agent as top security boss, and an inexperienced young man asking top Russian diplomats if he can use their communication conduits to hide messages from US security services, etc. etc.)

A note about Ivanka.  We all know she continues to get her fashion items made in China, despite her dad shouting his anti-China stuff.  It so happens, two Chinese journalists were independently investigating the sweat shops in China where Ivanka gets her stuff made.  Just last week, they both got 'disappeared'.  Their families don't know where they are - haven't heard anything.  They were working in 2 different provinces.   It goes without saying, that's all fine with the Trumps.

We haven't seen a quarter of what's in store.  Interesting times we live in.  

‘The guy won’t pay and he won’t listen’: Four top law firms refuse to represent Trump in Russia probe

"Four top law firms turned down White House requests to represent President Donald Trump in the ongoing Russia probe — and many cited his infamous unwillingness to heed legal advice as a key reason."

"Yahoo News’ Mike Isikoff reports that the White House recently reached out to some of America’s top lawyers to see if they would work for Trump on the Russia investigation, including Brendan Sullivan of Williams & Connolly; Ted Olson of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher; Paul Clement and Mark Filip of Kirkland & Ellis; and Robert Giuffra of Sullivan & Cromwell."

"However, all of these lawyers turned the White House down, forcing the administration to rely on longtime Trump attorney Marc E. Kasowitz instead."

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/the-guy-wont-pay-and-he-wont-listen-four-top-law-firms-refuse-to-represent-trump-in-russia-probe/

https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-top-law-firms-turned-requests-represent-trump-122423972.html

The guy is toxic. :laugh:

On 6/5/2017 at 11:52 AM, boomerangutang said:

In what ways?  It's likely Trump will grant clemency to nearly every person close to him who is getting close to being put in the slammer.  One big question is whether Trump can grant clemency to himself.  Executive privilege goes hand in hand with that issue.  

Here's a scenario which may play out:   Trump gets 'bunkered in' with 'Exec Privilege' as long as he's in office.   When it's time for him to leave, either by being voted out, or impeached, will he counter the Constitution (and laws of the land) by forcefully staying in office?   No doubt his slimy lawyers can find reasons for anything Trump would want to do, no matter how outlandish.  

Will there come a time when armed agents have to force their way into the WH and face off against Secret Service agents guarding the prez?   That scenario may sound outlandish now, but think of all the outlandish things which have unfolded in recent months, and ask yourself whether you could have seen it coming a year ago.  It's doubtful you foresaw what's happening now (Trump openly aiding the Russians while snubbing the Europeans, a Russian agent as top security boss, and an inexperienced young man asking top Russian diplomats if he can use their communication conduits to hide messages from US security services, etc. etc.)

A note about Ivanka.  We all know she continues to get her fashion items made in China, despite her dad shouting his anti-China stuff.  It so happens, two Chinese journalists were independently investigating the sweat shops in China where Ivanka gets her stuff made.  Just last week, they both got 'disappeared'.  Their families don't know where they are - haven't heard anything.  They were working in 2 different provinces.   It goes without saying, that's all fine with the Trumps.

We haven't seen a quarter of what's in store.  Interesting times we live in.  

I'll see if I can track it down again but the preponderance of scholarly constitutional opinion is that the President can't pardon himself. There are documents by the people who wrote the Constitution that indicate that the President can't pardon himself. And on a practical level we can see why this should be the case. What would stop a President from murdering supreme court justices or senator or representatives or anybody else who stood in his way? Or committing less dramatic crimes?

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Minnie the Minx said:

I will say this to the naysayers, he has more guts than any predecesor, knock him all you like.

I recall reading about a Pakistani fighter jet taking off, and a wild boar ran out of the bushes and knocked into the jet and caused it to crash.  That boar had a lot of guts also.

2 minutes ago, Minnie the Minx said:

At least he's not a pussy.

Neither was Ted Bundy or Jack the Ripper.

Is that one of Trumps endearing traits to you? He is not a pussy? It appears he spends too long trying to grab them.

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

If you define 'pussy' as a guy who is overly fearful of things (real and imagined), then yes, Trump is a pussy. 

He avoided the draft 4 or 5 times, each time for made-up reasons.  He cheated on all his wives.  He won't answer questions that are uncomfortable - often slinking into a side room like a turkey on Thanksgiving-eve. He won't face responsibility, but instead fires people in charge of investigations (3 thus far).  He avoided a debate with Republicans, because he had a tough question in a prior debate.  He's the Pussy-in-Chief.

I thought this was about the following:  

"Trump son-in-law had undisclosed contacts with Russian envoy - sources"

So if I may ask what has the above got to do with the topic?  I do not remember reading a heading espousing "How much hatred is there for Trump and how much vitriol are members able to pump out.?  I think a thread should be opened and just devoted to that, it would save so many going off topic, which by the way, unless many have forgotten, is against the rules. :wai:

Recent off topic posts and replies have been removed. Here's a reminder of the subject of this topic:

Exclusive: Trump son-in-law had undisclosed contacts with Russian envoy - sources

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump’s son-in-law and close adviser, Jared Kushner, had at least three previously undisclosed contacts with the Russian ambassador to the United States during and after the 2016 presidential campaign, seven current and former U.S. officials told Reuters.

hmmm, so what if he's being investigated, what becomes of this in the long run? Probably a big fat ZERO like all the other "investigations" currently (allegedly) underway. There is NEVER anything reported that's tangible, articulately even remotely defining culpability.

Remember on election day at approx 8PM when democrats "knew" they would win the election, so they could continue the mess Obama created, to radicalize America and then suddenly at 11PM election day, their world came crashing down. Now they HATE and detest Trump and everyone around him, these witch hunts, as ridiculous as they are, have proven nothing so far except for the Comey leaks.

It would be better to stop believing the media and try to think about this logically, connect the dots and realize all the  media whirlwind is exactly what it is, meaningless and unsubstantiated rhetoric, nothing short of sensationalism.

Every politician and everyone else has some skeletons lurking in their closets, they all have some trivial matter they want to hide, BUT to take it to this extent is ludicrous.

I say if Trump or anyone else is dirty, say so, file indictments, prove your theories, otherwise shut the <deleted> up!

15 minutes ago, blackson said:

I say if Trump or anyone else is dirty, say so, file indictments, prove your theories, otherwise shut the <deleted> up!

Considering that Trump fired the FBI director, is thinking of shutting down the special prosecutor, and probably will see the standing FBI director recused as well soon, this is easier said than done. Perhaps you should take your own advice though.