Ariana Grande to hold concert in Manchester for bombing victims

rooster59

Ariana Grande to hold concert in Manchester for bombing victims

640x640 (10).jpg

FILE PHOTO: Ariana Grande accepts the award for artist of the year at the 2016 American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California, U.S., November 20, 2016. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - U.S. pop star Ariana Grande said on Friday that she will hold a benefit concert in Manchester for the victims of Monday's suicide bombing at her show in the English city.

Grande, 23, said in a message on her Instagram account that a date for the concert had not yet been worked out.

Monday's suicide bombing, which killed 22 people and injured more than 100, many of them young people, took place just after Grande had finished performing. She later canceled several concerts scheduled in London and Europe through June 5.

"I'll be returning to the incredibly brave city of Manchester to spend time with my fans and to have a benefit concert in honor of and to raise money for the victims and their families. ... I will have details to share with you as soon as everything is confirmed," Grande wrote.

She also tweeted a link to a fundraising site for the victims organized by the Manchester Evening News, which has so far brought in some 1.7 million pounds ($2.1 million)

Grande tweeted after the bombing she was "broken" by the attack by British-born Salman Abedi that was claimed by Islamic State. She returned to her Florida home on Tuesday.

In her Instagram posting, she said that her "Dangerous Woman" concert tour was intended to be a "space for my fans, a place for them to escape, to celebrate, to heal, to feel safe and to be themselves."

She said the victims would be "on my mind and in my heart everyday ... for the rest of my life."

But she added defiantly: "We will not quit or operate in fear. We won't let this divide us. We won't let hate win."

Former Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher, a Manchester native, said on Friday he would donate the proceeds of his show next Tuesday in the city to a fund supporting victims and their families.

Gallagher tweeted that he was "in total shock and absolutely devastated" by the attack.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-05-27

6 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

That has got to be a worthwhile target, talk about asking for trouble.

Just because ISIS is mediaeval and brutal, that doesn't mean it's stupid. The whole idea of terror is to take it to communities which used to consider themselves safe.

The UK-based jihadis who are currently working out their plans in flats and houses across the country, will be looking for a softer target that this concert, which will have the maximum level of security the UK can muster. It will be 50% concert, 50% military parade.

As long as Europe maintains its "tolerance" not much can change. It takes stark measures; no veils, burkas, no hate speech and mosques (like synagogues and churches) must be accessible to all. 

If there are indeed 3'500 individuals on the UK watch list then take the first step and kick them out; assuming that you have reason to put these people on the watch list in the first place. 

How much terror and hardship does Europe has to witness until it comes to this conclusion? The political correctness does not work if one single party is not abiding by the rules.

And, clearly, those camels"*ç%ggers and goats"*çers have no intention whatsoever to integrate into anything; they want to implant terror and their medieval lifestyle they just left so - simple - throw them out like all the other garbage you do with your household litter.

Last resort would be to promise each and every blown-up suicider a Christian burial with holy water and the works. So, no virgins waiting anywhere, but, as self-destructed in Europe they deserve a Christian infidel treat on the way out!