Inverted aircon

THAIPHUKET

our home is kept at ~26º but the outside temperature is not a constant 36º all year. november till mid march the differential is barely 4º and 10º might be reached only in april/may and that not every day.

You like it warmer than I do....

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, mogandave said:

You like it warmer than I do...

more than 40 years of living with aircon spoils. now being an old fart i feel cold at 25º and sweat at 27º. but when i go to bed i want the bedroom 18º and no more aircon till i get up.

I guess that I am an old fart too. Anything below 26 C makes me cold and uncomfortable. It may have something to do with the fact that I am out of the house and in the yard and garage/workshop quite a bit during the day. Up here in the boonies of Loei province, the temperature at night cools down and is pretty comfortable. Usually just a fan moving the air in the bedroom is fine.

1 hour ago, Naam said:

has, according to what i have heard, an ideal climate.

I don't know about ideal. It can get really hot and then pretty cold during the winter. I saved a pair of long underwear from when I was working in South Korea and I'm glad I did. I imagine they would be hard to find here in Thailand.

Just now, Gary A said:

I don't know about ideal. It can get really hot and then pretty cold during the winter. I saved a pair of long underwear from when I was working in South Korea and I'm glad I did. I imagine they would be hard to find here in Thailand.

Uniqlo sometimes has thermals, I guess for Thais heading overseas ( but it's not the real thermal stuff for a cold European winter). They are fine to lounge around in.

1 minute ago, Prbkk said:

Uniqlo sometimes has thermals, I guess for Thais heading overseas ( but it's not the real thermal stuff for a cold European winter). They are fine to lounge around in.

Mine are just heavy cotton. Hopefully they will last a long time because they are not needed that much.

3 hours ago, Gary A said:

dry heat is easier on old farts :smile:

On 01/06/2017 at 9:48 AM, Naam said:

with the insignificant delta t in tropical countries the savings do not cover return on initial capital outlay for a private person. moreover (to the best of my knowledge) "real" double-pane glazing with either a vacuum between the panes or filled with Argon is not available in Thailand but has to be imported.

Unfortunately your knowledge seems a little lacking in respect of IGU's. 

Locally produced Argon filled custom sized IGU's (Insulated glazing units) are easily available here and they can be custom ordered with different thicknesses of glass to reduce noise transmission. 

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Locally produced Argon filled custom sized IGU's (Insulated glazing units) are easily available here and they can be custom ordered with different thicknesses of glass to reduce noise transmission. 

Indeed. I've been getting quotes for these.

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Unfortunately your knowledge seems a little lacking in respect of IGU's. 

yeah right! i saw locally produced ones which after 2½ years had condensate between the panes. the owner told me "no problem. an hour of direct sun on the panes and it's gone." :sick:

but as i mentioned already... if not for noise reduction it's wasted money even for some quality that lasts.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

Indeed. I've been getting quotes for these.

I had insulated glass with argon installed in the bedroom windows and sliding doors of my house in 2011.

They had a sticker of a Thai glass manufacturer on them, forgot the name, but think it was guardian or something similar.

Never had any condensate between the panes.

Edited by janclaes47