Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, hgma said:

Longtime residents in Pattaya

Real estate  (man)

Salon(woman)

Legal

Names mentioned but unwise to publish.

Source (thread Facebook!)

Actually quite wrong. The woman is the one in Real Estate.  Don't believe everything that you read.

It's not a major issue. No one got hurt, so no need to expose them more than they have already exposed themselves.

Edited by JamJar

On 5/29/2017 at 0:42 PM, jenifer d said:

your LAST 2 sentences are so much more enlightened than your FIRST  2;-

so you're resentful of those of us foreigners who live here who have bothered to attain a degree of proficiency in the language? and culture?

a ponytail is no crime, and position and power IS highly respected and valued

here, whether you like it or not-  but the dude AND his wife were BOTH very wrong to have acted the way they did (you're right in the fact that had they shown any respect, they most likely wouldn't have been arrested)

however,  even though for GOOD reason (having met too many of them in Phuket and a few pieces of work who wandered onto our island) i cannot STAND most Russians (even my few Russian friends agree- actually THEY spoke first in this regard- how big of a-holes the majority  of Russians are), i APPLAUD this dude ONLY  for at least bothering to speak the language well-

something most of the whingers on this forum don't even bother to do,

all the while complaining about Thai this, Thai that, waa waa waa boo hoo...

yes, i speak Thai w/proficiency, i read and write it too (about 20% by my estimation although my Thai friends protest that i'm above 50%)-

and i feel that EVERYBODY who lives here SHOULD make the effort- SERIOUSLY- to do so... if not then they are nothing but modern-day colonists and should NOT be here!!!

I have to say, its true about us being colonists. I own up to the accusation. I definitely remembering colonizing and freeing a bottle of the new Bells whisky, from the local 7 last night 

On 5/29/2017 at 6:42 PM, jenifer d said:

your LAST 2 sentences are so much more enlightened than your FIRST  2;-

so you're resentful of those of us foreigners who live here who have bothered to attain a degree of proficiency in the language? and culture?

a ponytail is no crime, and position and power IS highly respected and valued

here, whether you like it or not-  but the dude AND his wife were BOTH very wrong to have acted the way they did (you're right in the fact that had they shown any respect, they most likely wouldn't have been arrested)

however,  even though for GOOD reason (having met too many of them in Phuket and a few pieces of work who wandered onto our island) i cannot STAND most Russians (even my few Russian friends agree- actually THEY spoke first in this regard- how big of a-holes the majority  of Russians are), i APPLAUD this dude ONLY  for at least bothering to speak the language well-

something most of the whingers on this forum don't even bother to do,

all the while complaining about Thai this, Thai that, waa waa waa boo hoo...

yes, i speak Thai w/proficiency, i read and write it too (about 20% by my estimation although my Thai friends protest that i'm above 50%)-

and i feel that EVERYBODY who lives here SHOULD make the effort- SERIOUSLY- to do so... if not then they are nothing but modern-day colonists and should NOT be here!!!

I must say, you have a very high opinion of yourself, but saying "i cannot STAND most Russians" spoils it all. Who cares what you personally think of Russians. There's no place on an international forum for that kind of talk. If someone said the same of Thais, or your own nationality, whatever that is, the likes of you would be all over them.

On 5/29/2017 at 10:17 AM, diehard60 said:

of course, russians think they are better then anyone else in the world.

The only ones? About 25 other nationalities come to my mind.

Topics like this are the delight for many many... enjoy!

You can only speak as You Find.Stayed in a 5Star North End , round the Pool area 2Russian Families, 1Yank and some loudmouth Liverpudlians .went with the Yank n Russians down Walking Street ,and YES, it was Brits who were the ones at the Police Table on 3occasions. We're all the same when pissed up n young.[emoji481]?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect